• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors-Pelicans

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful ball movement by the Warriors in this one. A little lackadaisical on D in the second and beginning of the 3rd quarter but other than that a nice effort for an opener.
Curry is good!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs did a nice job on Anthony Davis.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezili has really improved his offensive game and his in the face block of Davis' jumper in the 3rd quarter was great.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha ha ha! Mo Speights got his shot blocked by Nate Robinson! Probably Nate's first shot block of his career.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors were very sloppy with the ball in this one. Too many turnovers which will eventually get cleaned up. Also their defense was pretty poor overall. The Pelicans were short-handed and I'm sure fatigue played a part. The Warriors will need to get both of those things straightened up going forward.

Liked the fact the Warriors got a combined 25 points out of Bogut and Ezeli. That's a huge bonus. Barbosa was terrible today, but we'll give him a pass. Harrison Barnes really struggled as well.

I think we can chalk this one up to the festivities of the ring ceremony. Still, good win.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha ha ha! Mo Speights got his shot blocked by Nate Robinson! Probably Nate's first shot block of his career.

Nate blocked Yao Ming once. You can youtube it. It's amazing.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate blocked Yao Ming once. You can youtube it. It's amazing.
Have you seen the one where he dunks on an unsuspecting Shaq at practice? Its funny

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors were very sloppy with the ball in this one. Too many turnovers which will eventually get cleaned up. Also their defense was pretty poor overall. The Pelicans were short-handed and I'm sure fatigue played a part. The Warriors will need to get both of those things straightened up going forward.

Liked the fact the Warriors got a combined 25 points out of Bogut and Ezeli. That's a huge bonus. Barbosa was terrible today, but we'll give him a pass. Harrison Barnes really struggled as well.

I think we can chalk this one up to the festivities of the ring ceremony. Still, good win.
But that's just the Warriors. They did that for the entire season last year. But the ball movement and the passing was outstanding in this game.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's just the Warriors. They did that for the entire season last year. But the ball movement and the passing was outstanding in this game.

There's a difference in the type of turnovers that happen. If they're in the flow of the game in terms of moving the ball and trying to create, those are fine. A lot of the turnovers last night were unforced and/or careless. Those are the ones they have to clean up.

Last year the first few games of the year they were turnover heavy, but they cleaned it up after the first few weeks. They actually weren't that bad last year in terms of turnovers, relative to their style of play.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference in the type of turnovers that happen. If they're in the flow of the game in terms of moving the ball and trying to create, those are fine. A lot of the turnovers last night were unforced and/or careless. Those are the ones they have to clean up.

Last year the first few games of the year they were turnover heavy, but they cleaned it up after the first few weeks. They actually weren't that bad last year in terms of turnovers, relative to their style of play.
Man, I remember it differently. I remember being frustrated to no end with the ridiculous turnovers the entire season. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I also don't really remember being overly frustrated last night. I thought the ball sharing and the assists and extra passes were fantastic.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I remember it differently. I remember being frustrated to no end with the ridiculous turnovers the entire season. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I also don't really remember being overly frustrated last night. I thought the ball sharing and the assists and extra passes were fantastic.

Could have been that you might have held them to a higher standard with the turnovers. Or it could just be my perception as well. Last year I wasn't as concerned about the turnovers mainly because of the system implemented and its complexities. I do recall many games where I shared your frustration with the turnovers. But overall I think I didn't have any real gripes about them.

This year, I think the margin for error is much smaller. Last year turnovers that were learning errors or new system errors were excusable. This year they are not. I thought they did a very good job last night as well, passing and sharing the ball though.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have been that you might have held them to a higher standard with the turnovers. Or it could just be my perception as well. Last year I wasn't as concerned about the turnovers mainly because of the system implemented and its complexities. I do recall many games where I shared your frustration with the turnovers. But overall I think I didn't have any real gripes about them.

This year, I think the margin for error is much smaller. Last year turnovers that were learning errors or new system errors were excusable. This year they are not. I thought they did a very good job last night as well, passing and sharing the ball though.
Why do you think the margin of error is smaller this year; because of other teams in the West having improved and OKC having Durant back? I can agree with that. But it looks like the Dubs haven't missed a beat this year and everybody of consequence is back. I really like what I'm seeing from Ezili. He seems to be much improved and that is really going to help the rebounding and inside game.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think the margin of error is smaller this year; because of other teams in the West having improved and OKC having Durant back? I can agree with that. But it looks like the Dubs haven't missed a beat this year and everybody of consequence is back. I really like what I'm seeing from Ezili. He seems to be much improved and that is really going to help the rebounding and inside game.

I think the margin of error is smaller because we'll be getting everyone's best shot, including the teams not in the elite. I'm not saying we didn't last year, but this year as a defending champ, it's different. The Warriors are under a huge media microscope now after everything has been made about their "lucky" championship.

The margin of error is smaller because they need to replicate the hunger that took over them last year. Complacency can be an issue. Add to that a stronger and healthier West, you'll need to be at your best every night to remain elite.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the margin of error is smaller because we'll be getting everyone's best shot, including the teams not in the elite. I'm not saying we didn't last year, but this year as a defending champ, it's different. The Warriors are under a huge media microscope now after everything has been made about their "lucky" championship.

The margin of error is smaller because they need to replicate the hunger that took over them last year. Complacency can be an issue. Add to that a stronger and healthier West, you'll need to be at your best every night to remain elite.
That too. I'm also concerned about the "hunger" and "complacency" issues as well.

I don't like to use the word "lucky" for any champion because every title run involves a little luck but I can see a little of what people are talking about when they call the Dubs "lucky". We didn't face OKC, we didn't face the Clippers and we didn't face the Spurs. We faced a Memphis team that was weakened by injury and a Cavs team that was decimated by injury and the Warriros were virtually injury-free.

But you can only beat who you face and that's what the Warriors did.