• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wandy throws off the mound pain free

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wandy threw off a mound on Monday and reported no pain or discomfort.

Good sign...

All I could find was a couple scraps of information on this and I cannot get a link to come up... No indication of how many pitches he threw or the level of intensity... But at least he is back on the mound throwing.

Will be interesting to see in the next few days how fast they push Wandy... How many sessions does he need before he faces live batters... Does he just do bullpen sessions? How long before they let him air it out...

Still has some work to do yet.. but at least he is throwing pain free.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
last week it was reported he threw on flat ground, 80' i think, and was ok.
then he was to do it one more time before the mound.
the next flat throwing session he had some discomfort so they were going to rest him and evaluate.
hopefully the report from throwing on this past 7/29 is accurate and throwing off the mound happened after only a short rest and he was ok.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Bucs' announcers mentioned something about him throwing off a mound during one of the games in the Cardinals' series, but I didn't catch it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most recent report I can find is that he threw on Saturday on flat ground with pain, but felt fine on Sunday and was to throw again on Monday, but there was no timetable for getting him back on a mound. They were going to increase his long toss to 90 feet, though.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah well I went to rotoworld and when I did a search on google the preliminary article from the search page had an update from yesterday... that stated he threw from the mound... so I click on the link and on the main page the last update they have is from the 27th.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well I went to rotoworld and when I did a search on google the preliminary article from the search page had an update from yesterday... that stated he threw from the mound... so I click on the link and on the main page the last update they have is from the 27th.

Yeah, injury updates are very hit or miss in my experience, and they're often sufficiently vague to cause confusion or misrepresentations of information. It's especially bad in hockey.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here is another report stating that Wandy is set to throw a 25 pitch bullpen session on Saturday.. and then they will see if there is pain and go from there to increase workload.

Wandy Rodriguez, SP, Pittsburgh Pirates, MLB Baseball - CBSSports.com

It will be a couple of weeks if there is no pain after this bullpen... It is only 25 pitches...So he will need to build up enough strength to increase workload....And then maybe make a rehab start.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching how the Reds have announced their so-called *rehab reports* on various players and pitchers, I'd say ... be very wary of optimism. The best I've learned to accept is, if you don't have the guy, you have to go with who you have. So far, based on how the Bucs have played, if it ain't broke, I wouldn't try to fix it.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
John

The bucs have been using up the bullpen and the race is tight...They will need every arm possible come the last few weeks of the season and maybe for the post season... Getting Wandy and Grilli back are of extreme importance... IMHO..

Morton has started to look pretty decent, which is much needed because some of the shininess has faded with Locke... Right now it is Liriano and Burnett pitching fantastic for us... and it is smoke and mirrors the rest of the way....

Well that is not fair... At times Locke has been fantastic! Wandy was solid when healthy and Morton is doing okay...so they are not scrubs by any means.... But clearly Liriano and Burnett are doing most of the heavy lifting right now.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team has 5 aces ... you get your wins from strange places.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No team has 5 aces... but for a stretch Locke was pitching like an ace... wandy was pitching great for the middle of the rotation...we had 3 guys pitching like a #1 starter and then Wandy... Now we have Morton.....Cole has been above average for us since getting called up... If wandy is able to come back and contribute the rotation will be rock solid...

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Locke was NEVER pitching like an ace or a #1 starter, he merely had an outstanding ERA. He has given up to many hits and walked to many batters and had to few strike outs to ever be called an ace or #1 pitcher. It would be generous to call him a #3 starter, except he has been consistent enough to at least fill that role.

Burnett and Liriano are going to be the two pitchers to carry this team in the playoffs. The one big reason we need Wandy back is to rest Cole. I personally think Cole will be fine on innings, but others seem to be concerned. I willnsay if we can skip him a couple starts between now and the end of the regular season can only be helpful.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crow

I am hoping that Morton can be one of the missing pieces down the stretch... If he is on and effective he can really be a boost to this team.

I do not think Locke has ace stuff... and long term he does not shake out as an ace...but he was extremely effective for a while... Some of it was probably dumb luck... But the end result was he was getting it done and this team was winning because of him.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
locke gets a lot of groundballs and is benefitting from our shifts and infield D.
he is unorthodox in his willingness to come inside(wish cole would learn that) and he mixes up his pitches. when really effective, he wasnt giving up many hits, while still walking too many.
now he is still walking people but the GB are finding more holes.
we will see what adjustments he makes.