• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Waiting for basketball season...

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played pretty solid when Oladipo guarded him ^

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOUR TALKING TO YOURSELF NOW HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR GET SOME HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii, there really just isn't enough to say about how much NJ will be able to focus on just being a SG this season. He has never been able to just concentrate on one role, since being at AZ. You can point to whatever you want, but the last two years have been a train wreck for him in terms of pulling double duty. For every game you want to look at where he was ineffective, he has a game like he did against Florida, where he went 4-7 from the field, 3-4 from 3, 4-6 from the line, 3 rebs, 3 assists, and 4 steals. The problem all last year and the year before is that he was forced to play SG, but facilitate the offense and dish assists like a PG. He had to do all of that, and then guard the best back court player on defense. He was worked into the ground. There really is no point to use last year to show that NJ won't perform this year. He has a true pass-first PG, who has worked with the team. All TJ wants to do is find the open guy. Oh, and he shoot over 40% from three, in case they don't respect him. And he is a shark on defense. You have no idea how much that opens up AZ's offense, and NJ's game.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your boy Jermaine also shot 39% from the field, and 33% from 3. Sounds like a deadly SG for sure!!!!!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was on a team with no bigs and no depth, and he was playing along side an adequate point guard and was playing teams like Indiana with Oladipo and when he wasn't, he was getting double teamed. Uofa is better but combine Jahii taking pressure off Jermaine and more attention Jahiis way Jermaine could have a big year. NJ will break out but he was inconsistent at times last year. I understand the SG trying to play the PG role same thing happened with Archie Goodwin from Kentucky but will see.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Jahii ill give you this. If ASU manages to make the tournament I wont be shocked.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Jahii ill give you this. If ASU manages to make the tournament I wont be shocked.

I will. ASU has to beat UNLV in Vegas, Marquette at home, and then a ranked Pac team or two, without losing any sub-100 RPI teams for the most part. If they can do all of that, then they're in. But the Pac is going to be better this year. AZ, Oregon, Colorado, Stanford, Cal, and maybe UCLA will all be knocking on the door to dance. ASU has to play all of those teams twice, except for UCLA. That is a tall order to play the Norcal schools twice in a week, both games against AZ will be tough, and Oregon will be solid in both games. The only game I see that ASU has a chance in is Colorado in Tempe. Maybe UCLA in Pauley, maybe. But ASU is going to have to stun some teams in and out of conference, and I just don't know if they have the quality depth. I'll say it again, the starting line-up is pretty solid, but it falls off after Caleen. And if ANY of the starting 5 has a bad game, injury, or foul trouble, the hole just multiplies. I can see at least 7 losses in conference right now for ASU. That's not going to get them anywhere close to the dance.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will. ASU has to beat UNLV in Vegas, Marquette at home, and then a ranked Pac team or two, without losing any sub-100 RPI teams for the most part. If they can do all of that, then they're in. But the Pac is going to be better this year. AZ, Oregon, Colorado, Stanford, Cal, and maybe UCLA will all be knocking on the door to dance. ASU has to play all of those teams twice, except for UCLA. That is a tall order to play the Norcal schools twice in a week, both games against AZ will be tough, and Oregon will be solid in both games. The only game I see that ASU has a chance in is Colorado in Tempe. Maybe UCLA in Pauley, maybe. But ASU is going to have to stun some teams in and out of conference, and I just don't know if they have the quality depth. I'll say it again, the starting line-up is pretty solid, but it falls off after Caleen. And if ANY of the starting 5 has a bad game, injury, or foul trouble, the hole just multiplies. I can see at least 7 losses in conference right now for ASU. That's not going to get them anywhere close to the dance.

We added Richie Edwards who was a good player but was playing behind 2 all leaguers at Valpariso. We also have Brandon Kearney a good defensive stopper that will join us when pac 12 play starts. Eric Jacobsen outscored Bachynski in all of the china games he has really improved. Mckissic is an athletic freak who can run the floor as well as Felix. Tummala was a sold JC pick up shot 41% from 3 last season, played well in China as well. Chance Murray reminds me of Ty Abbott a little bit. Look I think ASU will actually have more depth than last year the problem will be rebounding Felix averaged 8 boards a game, but lets be honest Felix didn't have a huge offensive game he was a good scrapper could hit the corner 3 and was excellent in transition. Kearney and Mckissic should be able to replace Felix but not from a rebounding aspect. Felix was our 2nd best player but I think Jermaine can create a lot better than he can. Rebounding will be the issue this season. Jahii will improve, Bachynski will improve,Jacobsen has already improved. With a tougher non conference schedule herb will be able to find out who is for real and who isn't, I think we have the most talent on this team since 08-09 and we all know how good that team could of been if herbie would of ran the system were running now. I follow ASU basketball really really close so trust my opinion on this. Uofa will win the pac 12 outright and ASU will finish 4th. The only concerns I have for Uofa is the 3 point shot and who is the go to guy late in games when you need a bucket. Those issues though are no where near ASU's. However you saw last year that all you need is a back court in this conference Justin Cobbs and Allan Crabbe were almost able to win the conference without any front court help. We have a lot of depth we just have to figure out where the pieces go. There is a reason why we picked up all these JC players for more depth. Scout.com: Men's Basketball Recruiting

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Jermaine can post up, remember how effective Lockett was when he did that vs Uofa created mis matches and allowed Chris Colvin to penetrate in dish, because it cleared the lane and that's how Gilling hit all those 3s. Uofa had no answer for Lockett posting up.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Carson- One of the best point guards in the nation added muscle this off season, improved his stroke, and his passing ability. Is looking to get to the line more Jahii will have a big year along with some of the best Point Guards in the PAC Spencer and TJ. Jahii is probably the best scorer out of all of them and the worse defender. Will his defense improve in 2013-2014 is the question still he makes up for it in steals and isn't an awful defender but you would like to see some improvement. Cut the turnovers down still it seems like his turn overs didn't have an ultimate effect in ASUs out come.

2.Marshall- Has a lethal spin move a solid 3pt shooter was double teamed at Penn State last year was still able to average 15.5 ppg can get to the basket with the best of em and will create mis matches with his post up ability. Not great off the ball is my only concern much better defender than Evan Gordon and should help ASUs perimter and back court defense. No wide open 3s for NJ.

3.Gilling- Hopefully he plays like 2011-2012 Gilling hes still a good spot up shooter but he has the stroke to be great if Gilling can control his thoughts and have confidence in his shot he could have a repeat season of 2011-2012, and be one of the best spot up shooters in the PAC. Gilling is Gilling he may improve his rebounding a little bit.

4.Edwards- Played at Valpariso behind to all leaguers in 17.8 minutes he averaged 9.4 ppg he played in 2011-2012 so he has had an off season to get use to the system and polish his game up.

5.Bachynski- One of the best shot blockers in the nation has a couple nice post moves here and there got stronger this off season and played over seas he should lead the nation in shot blocking but his offensive game was inconsistant last year? Can he develop a solid go to post move?

Bench:
6th man: Calaen Robinson- with Jahii will be the quickest back court in the nation.

Eric Jacobsen- a solid back up who could even play along side Bachynski adds depth to the PF and Center position

Sai Tummala- A Power forward who can shoot the 3 shot 41% at his JC College helps Jahii spread the floor and could even start

Brandon Kearney- A long athletic kid, he had a bunch of offers because of his potential now with a off season of work and learning the system and more opportunities than at Michigan State he could have a big impact

Shaquille Mckissic- An Athletic freak with a huge vertical can run the floor with the best of em. Expect alley oops from this kid how ever he doesn't give 100% effort on defense he can get to the basket, but his 3pt shot is inconsistent. Can play the SG or even the SF. I don't know how good this kid is but supposedly he had an offer from West Virginia maybe he will be a star we will have to wait and see.

Chance Murray- Really raw but has Ty Abbott potential can shoot the 3 well and get to the cup will need to get stronger and become a better on ball defender. 3 guard off the bench

Egor Koluechov- A good athlete who can run the floor and hit jumpers adds depth at the PF position

Bo Barnes- You suck LOL

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read my post we have got plenty of proven forwards like Richie Edwards and Sai Tummala they are ready to go. Kearney is going to be good as hes studied the system for a little bit and Mckissic could be the surprise player. Calaen is already going to be better than Evan and be a true 6th man.