• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W2: Now the Drive begins. @ San Franscisco 4:05/1:05 Fox/CTV

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I take your point, but I would rather have each and every one of those guys as our starter over Geno (some for different reasons... Ryan might be cooked, but if he's not, he's definitely better. Trubisky, Mills & Jones all still have the potential to be better than they currently are, and are generally at least as good as Geno now. The rest are just better than Geno, but with limited upside).

In my head, Geno is a low end backup and has no business starting. The only reason he wasn't panned for his week 1 performance was a few should have been turnovers that weren't and the fact that we won, in-spite of him.

I'm more or less with you on Geno.

But let's put it this way. If you could trade for any of those QBs. in which we give the other team Geno and we got back one of those guys, what would you be willing to give up?

For me the answer would be.... not much. While you may be right that some of them have more potential(although Trubisky and Jones have shown very little in their career to hold much hope).

Which is what it boils down to. It's why a lot of us were hoping that Lock would win the job since he would provide some sort of hope. But, alas, he appears no better and maybe worse.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think so, Giants playing well, AZ just got a huge emotional boost, Jets Carolina is a push, we might get 1 outta those 4 … This year we’re a team that’s gonna be hard pressed to make any comebacks, we lost one of our best defender’s, secondary is young, LB core also.. It’s most likely gonna be a long season of disappointment… I’m just hoping like hell Pete doesn’t do something stupid and trade a top pick for a player, just accept this year as a loss and keep rebuilding with young drafted talent !

So you think the Seahawks are the worst team in football?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this makes sense
but then they do things like let a 5'8 RB throw in the redzone and you begin to wonder if they arent intentionally tanking.

That was the worst pass I think I’ve ever seen .. LoL

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol I mean they're pretty close to if not the worst team in the NFL. Can't knock boogs for what he said.

I said it in other threads, play that Denver game a few more times and Seattle isn't winning that game. It was a fantastic win don't get me wrong, but Seattle was playing hard for that W and had the ball bounce their way more than once.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more or less with you on Geno.

But let's put it this way. If you could trade for any of those QBs. in which we give the other team Geno and we got back one of those guys, what would you be willing to give up?

For me the answer would be.... not much. While you may be right that some of them have more potential(although Trubisky and Jones have shown very little in their career to hold much hope).

Which is what it boils down to. It's why a lot of us were hoping that Lock would win the job since he would provide some sort of hope. But, alas, he appears no better and maybe worse.
Yeah, wouldn't give up much... I would throw a 6th or 7th out there w/Geno for a few of them just so the Hawks might be worth watching this year (that game yesterday was about intolerable, from an entertainment perspective as a Hawks fan).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, wouldn't give up much... I would throw a 6th or 7th out there w/Geno for a few of them just so the Hawks might be worth watching this year (that game yesterday was about intolerable, from an entertainment perspective as a Hawks fan).

I'm more or less with you. Honestly, I'm hoping another Geno special this Sunday and we can at least see what Lock can do.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno isn't and never was the answer... yah yah, I get he beat the Broncos, while doing fuck all after the first quarter.

Just march Lock out there and see if there's ANYTHING there. It annoys me Seattle started Geno to begin with. Just have Lock throw all the interceptions he probably likely will, and then dump both of those guys in the garbage can next year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I mean they're pretty close to if not the worst team in the NFL. Can't knock boogs for what he said.

I said it in other threads, play that Denver game a few more times and Seattle isn't winning that game. It was a fantastic win don't get me wrong, but Seattle was playing hard for that W and had the ball bounce their way more than once.

IF this team wins 4 or fewer games, that means that the team has given up on Pete.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno isn't and never was the answer... yah yah, I get he beat the Broncos, while doing fuck all after the first quarter.

Just march Lock out there and see if there's ANYTHING there. It annoys me Seattle started Geno to begin with. Just have Lock throw all the interceptions he probably likely will, and then dump both of those guys in the garbage can next year.

I agree. At least we would have a reason to watch the game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No not the worst, our roster has some good young talent, but with a backup as a starter, losing Jamal for the year, new defensive scheme, we’re gonna lose more than we win … I’m just throwing a number out there, doesn’t mean I’m gonna be right, but it just feels like we’re in for a tough one, but I’m ok with it, because we have TONS of draft stock next year … I just hope like hell Pete doesn’t do something stupid with that draft stock… That Jamal move was a desperate one, although we did have Russ so he thought we had a window, but that widow is closed !! We gotta be patient, more importantly Pete has to be patient !!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not the worst, our roster has some good young talent, but with a backup as a starter, losing Jamal for the year, new defensive scheme, we’re gonna lose more than we win … I’m just throwing a number out there, doesn’t mean I’m gonna be right, but it just feels like we’re in for a tough one, but I’m ok with it, because we have TONS of draft stock next year … I just hope like hell Pete doesn’t do something stupid with that draft stock… That Jamal move was a desperate one, although we did have Russ so he thought we had a window, but that widow is closed !! We gotta be patient, more importantly Pete has to be patient !!

I get this thinking. But I absolutely hate it. Always hoping that the NEXT draft will be the one that turns around tends to be a vicious cycle.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we're getting from Geno is pretty much what most of us, if not all of us expected... Journeyman type of productivity... Sometimes he will play well enough but then he will play poorly and remind us why he's just a journeyman QB in this league... I don't think this is shocking to any of us...

What I'm most disappointed about are two things:
  1. Defense: What is up with our rush defense? We seem to just be getting gashed over and over... P. Ford looks out of place in this defense... He's not plugging holes like he should be doing against the run... In fact, Al Woods is the only guy up front plugging holes, which allows our LB's to make more tackles up in the box... But when Jefferson, Ford, etc aren't plugging the holes or staying engaged, while controlling the OL, it's allowing their OL to get to our 2nd tier easier forcing our LB's to have to make tackles 4-6 yards downfield... We're ranked 26th in the league right now with rush defense. Our pass defense isn't any better... Right now, i would've thought our defense would be playing a bit better than they are... We dodged a bullet against the Broncos but seems like the Bronco's were able to move the ball against us pretty easily at times... 49ers controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball... They out physical'd us in all facets.
  2. Running Game: Where is our commitment to this? (See below): We're even behind the 4 teams that have only played 1 game... We're 2nd to last in the league in attempts... The last place team is Tennessee which has only played 1 game so far... Safe to say that they will leap frog us tonight.. With us investing into our RB's like we have, it's said that we're not utilizing them like we thought we would... 1663606230319.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I hate about the penalties yesterday is the refs are rewarding horrible throws... We saw it in a few other games as well... Specifically the under thrown balls... The NFL needs to clean that up... Also, how does SF get only 1 penalty called on them and we have 12? That's a horrible ratio... That should not happen... You can't tell me SF played that clean of a game...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I hate about the penalties yesterday is the refs are rewarding horrible throws... We saw it in a few other games as well... Specifically the under thrown balls... The NFL needs to clean that up... Also, how does SF get only 1 penalty called on them and we have 12? That's a horrible ratio... That should not happen... You can't tell me SF played that clean of a game...

Yeah. I've hated the underthrown ball PI calls for years. If the receiver needs to go through the defensive back to the get the ball then PI calls should be tossed aside.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Under-throw DPI’s cause me anger issues … @$j NFL is literally awarding free 1st downs on bad throws! It’s maddening seeing a receiver slow down initiate all the contact and get rewarded for it…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get this thinking. But I absolutely hate it. Always hoping that the NEXT draft will be the one that turns around tends to be a vicious cycle.

I hear ya .. But it’s kinda where we’re at right now.. We have to restock some talent and hope we nail the next couple drafts … If we can make it through the 90’s this will be a cake walk!

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say be careful with that logic... same thing happened in reverse vs. Denver, and it was legitimate... they stepped on their dick with penalties all game long and had a shit-ton more than we did, so we could easily do the same.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say be careful with that logic... same thing happened in reverse vs. Denver, and it was legitimate... they stepped on their dick with penalties all game long and had a shit-ton more than we did, so we could easily do the same.
I agree... I did not like those penalties in our favor... They dilute the quality of the league imo...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya .. But it’s kinda where we’re at right now.. We have to restock some talent and hope we nail the next couple drafts … If we can make it through the 90’s this will be a cake walk!

It's the 90s that I remember most vividly. Year after year of hoping to hit it on a QB and failing. And things didn't turn around until we traded for Hass. And we were going down the same path in the 2010s but hit it big with Russ.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the 90s that I remember most vividly. Year after year of hoping to hit it on a QB and failing. And things didn't turn around until we traded for Hass. And we were going down the same path in the 2010s but hit it big with Russ.

Yeah that’s the scary part, although one thing I like is John seems to be good at finding QB’s … He was high on Russ for a while, wanted Mahomes also, so maybe he’ll find us another gem … I’m hearing this next draft class is pretty strong QB wise, but I know it’s never a guaranteed …