• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Voynov suspended indefinitely

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same friend second text

Rich Hammond ‏@Rich_Hammond 1m1 minute ago

NHL’s Bill Daly just emailed to say Voynov IS allowed to work with Kings coach during non-team activities. So there ya go.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just caught that on the NHL Live show on the NHL Network. A little surprising that it took so long for the DA to make the charge. Maybe the police investigation has turned up something the DA thinks they can use to convict. Too bad for the Kings and for Slava because of what it could do to his status here in the USA. He could be sent back to Russia after whatever prison term he gets if he's convicted.

I'm conflicted in my feelings. Of course I want to see him back on the ice on defense for the Kings but if he really is guilty I can't feel sorry for him. He has brought this on himself. Of course that's if he is actually guilty.

Ox

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well said Ox, also he has that tainted image now and it's hard to shake it. His NHL days look to be over.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said Ox, also he has that tainted image now and it's hard to shake it. His NHL days look to be over.

Yeah unfortunately you're probably right. His best chance for staying in the NHL is for the DA to drop the charges in the future and decide against prosecuting. No matter the outcome of a trial his days in the NHL seem numbered. It looks to me like he's headed back to Russia and the KHL. Too bad.

Ox

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it's a witch hunt. I really want to see what the evidence is and how much of it is circumstantial or speculative.

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a shame though if he got kicked out of the NHL. I'm hoping for the best.. but if for some reason he really did do it, that would be an utter waste of talent.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do the charges being fe change the CAP status for the Kings?

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do the charges being fe change the CAP status for the Kings?

Nope. I got this from the Kings Insider page on the Kings website:

A statement from NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly:

“We are aware of the actions taken today in California, which we will
review and evaluate before making any decisions. Until further notice, the
current terms of Mr. Voynov’s suspension remain in place.”

Ox

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update from Varlamova's attorney:

Marta was stunned by the news today and she is devastated. She did not believe, and does not believe, that her husband intended to injure her and she believes that he is not guilty of any crime. She is worried about her family's privacy and concerned that she and her family are going to be subjected to ridicule, embarrassment and hatred because of this decision. In fact, she has already seen that beginning to happen. It is unfortunate that no one seemed to care what she wants, and that the authorities gave little or no weight to her view of the facts of the case. Despite this unwelcome news, she still expects her husband to be cleared of any criminal wrongdoing.

If it's true that "the authorities gave little or no weight to her view of the facts of the case", then my witch hunt theory has some weight. :whistle:

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update from Varlamova's attorney:

Marta was stunned by the news today and she is devastated. She did not believe, and does not believe, that her husband intended to injure her and she believes that he is not guilty of any crime. She is worried about her family's privacy and concerned that she and her family are going to be subjected to ridicule, embarrassment and hatred because of this decision. In fact, she has already seen that beginning to happen. It is unfortunate that no one seemed to care what she wants, and that the authorities gave little or no weight to her view of the facts of the case. Despite this unwelcome news, she still expects her husband to be cleared of any criminal wrongdoing.

If it's true that "the authorities gave little or no weight to her view of the facts of the case", then my witch hunt theory has some weight. :whistle:

Not a witch hunt. According to California law, if there is a Domestic Abuse investigation, even if the the person being "abused" changes their mind, the prosecution of the case will continue. This is primarily done for the benefit of the victims. If you disagree with the law, call your rep and complain.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I've seen Beverly Hills Cop... They do things by the book out there!

:dhd:

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a witch hunt. According to California law, if there is a Domestic Abuse investigation, even if the the person being "abused" changes their mind, the prosecution of the case will continue. This is primarily done for the benefit of the victims. If you disagree with the law, call your rep and complain.

Yeah because a lot of victims would say they weren't abuse and it was an accident out of fear of retribution from the abuser. Too many wife beaters do it over and over just to keep the "little woman in her place" and if the wife speaks up at all the next beating gets worse. That's why the law was put in place. Not to say I think Voynov is a wife beater or anything close but in the end only 2 people know what actually took place and what the mindsets were at the time. That is unless the DA has some secret witness to the event.

Ox

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good News! Voynov is now effectively on LITR and we free up 4+ million in cap space.

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to but I don't think Oregon law is going to help Voynov's case ;)

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he is suspended with pay and indefinitely. what happens if he is convicted? Do the Kings still need to pay him?