• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Voynov suspended indefinitely

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Voynov arrested for domestic violence

Last edited by a moderator:

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn you were on that quick.

Very bad for Voynov if true. Let the legal system handle it right now, it's too early to make assumptions. I'm sure I'll wake up tonight to more information.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I yes the Nhl did not want to be like the NFL. So they took action right away.

On the other hand, this really screws my fantasy league team.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yea I have updates on my phone so I put it up as soon as I found out.

Agree, assumptions shouldn't be made. Let the legal process and facts work itself out.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt think this would bleed over from the NFL this quickly. Guess the NHL owners want their mediocre franchises selling for a billion dollars too.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I yes the Nhl did not want to be like the NFL. So they took action right away.

On the other hand, this really screws my fantasy league team.

Yup, NHL had no choice to do this because of the NFL. Last year Semyon Varlamov was charged with domestic violence and played the following game.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this myself. Big blow to LA, he is a solid defender.

They don't take DV lightly here in CA, depending on what he is charged with it could be very serious. It could be a misdemeanor, which could be simply a verbal threat, or could be a felony, which is more serious obviously. We don't know what it is but either way it's not good.

Who knows what goes on in the Voynov household, goes to show they are people just like you and I. That doesn't justify becoming violent, but maybe some type of counseling or aversion program should have been looked at (and who knows if it was or wasn't) to prevent this thing.

He is talented, young, affordable and solid and I would hate to see him go but the Kings have shown over time they don't keep problem guys in the locker room (Avery - we all know about him, Klima - just a dick, Karalahti - alcohol, Brennan - cocaine, Corvo - same DV). I hope he wasn't one of those guys and this was an isolated incident.

I hope the kid gets his act together, takes responsibility if he did something and takes steps to correct it and his behavior in order to stay in LA.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bullshit, Colorado Goalie Varlamov didnt get suspended when he was being investigated.

What happened to "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY"? All somebody has to do is claim someone abused them and they are instantly suspended? Amazing...:L

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bullshit, Colorado Goalie Varlamov didnt get suspended when he was being investigated.

What happened to "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY"? All somebody has to do is claim someone abused them and they are instantly suspended? Amazing...:L

Ray Rice happened.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice happened.

Exactly.

This sort of stuff is well documented in the NFL and the lengths people go to cover it up. Rice's assault was vicious and had that tape not surfaced, the NFL would have looked the other way as usual and kept on moving on. But evidence showed up the tape was sent to Ravens' Head of Security shortly after the incident (6-7 months earlier, correct?) and the powers that be in the NFL decided making money was more important than doing the right thing.

We saw the aftermath, and it isn't good. The NFL took a PR beatdown and is still staggering, and Bettman wasn't going to have that happen in his league.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh damn, that ain't good.

I'm assuming the woman is his GF. She has a kid, but it's not his and they aren't married. Also looks like he was charged with a felony, not a misdemeanor.

Yikes.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yep,

It's what you said Puck, bad situation if charged as a felony.
Just curious is he a U.S. citizen and how would it affect it?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep,

It's what you said Puck, bad situation if charged as a felony.
Just curious is he a U.S. citizen and how would it affect it?

I have some friends in law enforcement in OC and it's just like the illegals in Santa Ana and what not, they will probably not be deported. He is not a citizen that I know of, it takes 7+ years and he hasn't been here that long, probably a work visa.

Then again he is a rich athlete and not some illegal from the barrio so he will probably not be affected too much - anger management, fines, etc. If you have money this is what usually happens, if you have a public defender or no attorney at all you end up in jail at least if not prison (Felony = > 1 years in jail, misdemeanor = < 1 year in jail). This will be in the Serious Crimes division of LA Superior Court.

Also just an FYI, suspended players count against the cap. Just looked at the roster and the Kings have about $500,000 to spend. They can't make any moves to replace him.

This really hurts the Kings because I was expecting McNabb to sit once Muffin gets healthy but now they will need to play him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird thing--they showed a close up of Voynov on the bench yesterday and he had a weird look on his face, one I had never seen before, and I thought to myself (for the first time ever) "I hope he's not one of those Russian alcoholics." I never had a thought about his personal life until that moment, then this.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have some friends in law enforcement in OC and it's just like the illegals in Santa Ana and what not, they will probably not be deported. He is not a citizen that I know of, it takes 7+ years and he hasn't been here that long, probably a work visa.

Then again he is a rich athlete and not some illegal from the barrio so he will probably not be affected too much - anger management, fines, etc. If you have money this is what usually happens, if you have a public defender or no attorney at all you end up in jail at least if not prison (Felony = > 1 years in jail, misdemeanor = < 1 year in jail). This will be in the Serious Crimes division of LA Superior Court.

Also just an FYI, suspended players count against the cap. Just looked at the roster and the Kings have about $500,000 to spend. They can't make any moves to replace him.

This really hurts the Kings because I was expecting McNabb to sit once Muffin gets healthy but now they will need to play him.

Doughty's minutes are going to increase and maybe Regher. Do you see Kopis minutes going up as well to take pressure off the D since he is one of the better skilled defensive forwards?

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Kings play with 5 dmen if Muffin does not clear Thursday

They might be able to use an emergency callup under that provision. Don't know the cap ramifications of that. Does it have to be someone who fits under whatever the Kings have left or can it be Schultz? Just have to wait and see what happens next I guess.

Ox