• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech Hoops vs DA U 2/9 9pm; BC 2/12 6pm; FSU 7pm

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, trailing BC at halftime. This is embarrassing. Thank goodness it is only on ESPN3.

I have no idea what has happened to this team. At the start of ACC play, I thought we had a good chance of finally making the NCAAs. The Hokies played well out of conference and figured to be slightly over .500 in the ACC. But this team has no offensive identity at all. Aside from Green who is good but not exceptional offensively there no player who is a scorer on a consistent basis. Davila seems to play well vs BC. Eddie has had some good games. DFS is finally getting some points and not looking like a total wreck. Hudson is the same flake he was his first couple years as Hokie.

I'm frustrated with this year but have generally been happy with Seth as a coach. The Hokies have never had great coaching. The last decent coach was Bill Foster. Hussey was promoted from Foster's staff and was forgettable. Then Ricky Stokes was an absolute disaster. Back to the times I can remember we had Charlie Moir (great teams, total cheater who got VT sanctions), then Frankie Allen (main play at the time I was an undergrad was "thumbs up" to Bimbo Coles which meant do whatever you want to score). Compared to some of the coaching dregs the Hokies have had over the past 25 years, I'd have tried to lock up Seth a couple years ago too. Its only in the past couple of years that we've seen the constant inability to get over the hump and be a NCAA team (and then this year to even make baskets).

it was on espnu

great ending, great showing by doe-doe. about time we got another win

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with our team is that we need to be more consistent on both sides of the ball. I see sparks from time to time on O and D but we seem to have trouble putting an entire game together.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem with our team is that we need to be more consistent on both sides of the ball. I see sparks from time to time on O and D but we seem to have trouble putting an entire game together.

This ^^^.

This team is very streaky within games, with lots of turnovers and missed baskets in very close games. There are moments of brilliance, but these have often been washed away with the lack of aggressive play and really, really inexcusable turnovers.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank Thorns dropped in 32 as TCU knocked off #11 UNLV. Another player who wasn't good enough to stick around at VT. :L

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank Thorns dropped in 32 as TCU knocked off #11 UNLV. Another player who wasn't good enough to stick around at VT. :L
He really isn't anything special. He has an offense run through him, and chucks up shot after shot.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This is standard ACC expansion bashing. Maryland certainly slipped in the standings, but Florida State is having a great second half of the season, Virginia is having a good year, and both Maryland and Virginia Tech sort of stink this year but should be better next year.

Nothing about adding VT and Miami made Maryland or Clemson worse teams than they used to be.

I think you could, however, argue that if the games are available on cable and the internet, there might be less incentive to pay for a ticket and parking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to go to every game I could the last three years, but the team is so unbearable to watch this year that I can't get myself to go. I'm sure that, at least this year, a lot of fans are in the same boat as me.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You mean it's going to be tough to fill a 10,000 seat arena in Blacksburg from 9-11pm on a Wednesday??? How could that be?

Actually we do alot better than you'd think, atleast compared on a percentage of capacity. Yes, it's hard to get interest for our team in Blacksburg. It's no surprise. Given that knowledge of just how bad it's been in Blacksburg and our current issues, the whole ACC is in even worse shape right now. Think about that.

Here is the ACC's home attendance as a percentage of stadium capacity for this season. This assumes capacity is a relatively long term expected ratio of attendance for each location. Teams with large arenas (like NC State) are admittedly at a disadvantage in this assessment, but they are often in a better location with more team prestige and more current success.

100. Duke
91.8 North Carolina
81.2 Virginia Tech
76.1 Clemson
72.5 Maryland
67.6 Virginia
67.2 Florida State
65.3 NC State
57.4 Wake Forest
54.4 Miami
51.8 Boston College
50.6 Georgia Tech #

# Note GT's arena is under construction. They have played at multiple arenas of various sizes. Percentage is home attendance vs. old Thriller Dome capacity of 9191.

---All data from university official stats (via official team websites) as of 2/15.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleh, Davila out with a groin injury. Started out with a 2-3. We have to keep Raines out of foul trouble.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a start to the 2nd half. ps, why did they have leonard hamilton's face on the screen for like 3 minutes straight, making the game screen smaller?