• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech Hoops vs DA U 2/9 9pm; BC 2/12 6pm; FSU 7pm

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a mistake giving him that extension back in 2010. His initial contract at the time didn't run out for a couple more years (2012 or 13 I believe) yet for some reason, Weaver felt compelled to lock him up. It didn't make sense at the time and it looks even worse now.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
^ his contract would have expired prior to the '14-'15 season, i think.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a mistake giving him that extension back in 2010. His initial contract at the time didn't run out for a couple more years (2012 or 13 I believe) yet for some reason, Weaver felt compelled to lock him up. It didn't make sense at the time and it looks even worse now.

Wasn't it to fend off St. Johns who had a head coach opening and was looking at Greenberg?

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, trailing BC at halftime. This is embarrassing. Thank goodness it is only on ESPN3.

I have no idea what has happened to this team. At the start of ACC play, I thought we had a good chance of finally making the NCAAs. The Hokies played well out of conference and figured to be slightly over .500 in the ACC. But this team has no offensive identity at all. Aside from Green who is good but not exceptional offensively there no player who is a scorer on a consistent basis. Davila seems to play well vs BC. Eddie has had some good games. DFS is finally getting some points and not looking like a total wreck. Hudson is the same flake he was his first couple years as Hokie.

I'm frustrated with this year but have generally been happy with Seth as a coach. The Hokies have never had great coaching. The last decent coach was Bill Foster. Hussey was promoted from Foster's staff and was forgettable. Then Ricky Stokes was an absolute disaster. Back to the times I can remember we had Charlie Moir (great teams, total cheater who got VT sanctions), then Frankie Allen (main play at the time I was an undergrad was "thumbs up" to Bimbo Coles which meant do whatever you want to score). Compared to some of the coaching dregs the Hokies have had over the past 25 years, I'd have tried to lock up Seth a couple years ago too. Its only in the past couple of years that we've seen the constant inability to get over the hump and be a NCAA team (and then this year to even make baskets).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not playing all that poorly yet still losing. Go figure.

BTW, how jerseys do we have? Are we the Oregon Ducks of men's hoops?

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a clutch tip in by DFS. hes had a huge game tonight for us. gotta get a stop here to end the game...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew! Close one. Doe-Doe bailed us out with a great rebound and putback to take the lead with 1.8 left.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DoeDoe ftw

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice tip-in by DFS! Maybe this is the game where we say he has turned the corner.

I can't believe I'm so stoked about beating BC by one.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice tip-in by DFS! Maybe this is the game where we say he has turned the corner.

I can't believe I'm so stoked about beating BC by one.

Lol. You take what you can get.

We played fairly well on offense. Had a nice balanced attack with contributions from multiple guys. Defense was pretty suspect though and its why BC led most of the game but good job by the guys grinding out that win late.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from the game. I was worried the highlight of it was going to be catching a t-shirt, but that was great finish. Good to see Doe-Doe have a great game today. Definitely was the player of the game. Seems like our players have been playing better when coming off the bench.

I'm not expecting much out of our final 3 road games, but it would be nice to finish strong at home against GT, UVA, and NC St.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a team like BC makes their shots, they are tough to beat. We did seem outclassed on the individual match ups which got them the open shot. How many times #12 backed down from high post all the way to the basket on DFS and Barksdale or #10 break Erick Green's ankles? Hudson seemed to do a good job of defending #12, so maybe an offseason in the weight room will allow CJ and DFS to beef up and handle those guys. We allowed a BC season high on FG%. For some reason, we have been abysmal at FT shooting lately. We've got to take these free points whenever we can. We also had too many bad TO's. We threw too many bad passes that BC converted for points.

Just thought I'd get the bad stuff out of the way first. It was great way to win with DFS making the winning shot after another tip in. My favorite shot was when he drove the low post then backed down on the guy to get a better shot. The next step for DFS is to get his own shot more often. I think he has the tools to do so. He really needs to develop a pull up jumper though. I really loved the way we out rebounded BC 30-19 (16-4 in OREB.) DFS played a big part with 7 OREB. Davila played well, but I thought we didn't take advantage of BC doubling down on Davila/Raines like we did when Clemson doubled down on Davila. Robert Brown also had a good game. It seems like he was having a stretch of games where he was trying to force things. Hopefully, we can keep getting him looks from 3 and inside attacking with his runner like he got in this game.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from the game. I was worried the highlight of it was going to be catching a t-shirt, but that was great finish.
Haha, I caught a tshirt as well. Felt bad cause I caught it over the row in front of me and lost it on the way out.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Coach Greenberg decided that the hardest workers in practice Saturday got to start Sunday. I personally love this. All of the players are going to get their time anyway, why not put your hardest workers on the floor first.

Tri-Tri-Tri-TRIPLE POST!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight was the first VT bball game I've been to in four years, both wins. You guys should be paying my way to games.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two things that got me about tonight's game was gave up 4 or 5 3-pointers in the last three or four seconds of the shot clock, most of them uncontested. And also, we had several terrible passes that BC took advantage of, basically unforced errors.
BUT we did have one less offensive rebound (18) than BC had total (19). I'll take an ugly win like that any day,

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
396985_10151290449675175_709690174_23388649_1698250126_n.jpg