• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is no matter what you think he has not proven anything in three seasons.

Let's compare Diggs to Thielen, since most people here seem to think that Thielen should get a contract similar to that of Diggs now for the sake of fairness.

Thielen - 178 Rec, 2,387 yards (one 1k+ yard season), 9 TDs
Diggs - 200 Rec, 2,472 yards (no 1k+ seasons yet), 15 TDs

Going by that, they look to be fairly similar in terms of production, no? Or should we not count Diggs's rookie season and just go by the two where Thielen was noteworthy? Since 2016:

Thielen - 160 Rec, 2,243 yards (one 1k+ yard season), 9 TDs
Diggs - 148 Rec, 1,752 yards (no 1k+ yard seasons), 11 TDs

Still pretty comparable, if you ask me. At the end of the day, neither of them have been superstars. What we have are two solid options that have complimented one another very well over the past two seasons. Had they not locked up Diggs, it's very possible that Thielen's production could have suffered without someone at least as good as Diggs stepping into the lineup. Likewise, Diggs benefits greatly from Thielen. The way those two work as a receiving duo probably had as much to do with the decision to lock Diggs up as anything else. I think we can all agree that there's a lot to be proven all around with Cousins coming in, so let's just hope it all works out decently enough. I'll agree that they overpaid Diggs until he steps it up to the next level, but at least we know we have two legitimate starters instead of bums. Can you imagine going back to what our WR group was like back in the early Chilly days after Moss left and before Sidney Rice/Harvin had a couple decent years?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @Nosferatu, I think we can agree that the Odell Beckham Jr. contract at least helps take the sting out of the Diggs contract on some level. I agree with you that Diggs got overpaid and has a lot to prove to live up to the contract he signed. But $95 million over 5 years for a diva WR coming off a season ending injury with a questionable track record of work ethic and consistent mental toughness on the field, along with a tendency to like partying too much... I won't lie, that was pretty lulzy to me.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @Nosferatu, I think we can agree that the Odell Beckham Jr. contract at least helps take the sting out of the Diggs contract on some level. I agree with you that Diggs got overpaid and has a lot to prove to live up to the contract he signed. But $95 million over 5 years for a diva WR coming off a season ending injury with a questionable track record of work ethic and consistent mental toughness on the field, along with a tendency to like partying too much... I won't lie, that was pretty lulzy to me.

I guess I can't complain about Diggs' contract, if it keeps him happy and he actually goes out and earns the money then we are all happy. I just don't wanna see 12 games played 65 catches 800 yards 5 TD's

I just got Barkley in my money auction league so I hope Beckham stays healthy and goes out of bounds at the 2 yard line a lot. But yeah that contract is crazy stupid!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing the preseason performances I think they should cut Siemian and keep Sloter as the backup. Sloter definitely outplayed him and has earned the spot. I don't see the point in hanging Siemian just for the sake of refusing to acknowledge that they probably made a mistake by trading for him. Personally, I thought the Siemian trade was just Spielman being overzealous about the QB position after signing Cousins considering that Sloter seems to have impressed when given the opportunity.

Last edited:

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robison cut....too bad, would have liked to see hi retire at the end of the season.

I hate the move. That defense is good, but lacks veteran leadership. Meltdowns like what happened in that Philly NFC championship game are much more likely to happen without some solid veteran presence.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season is upon us! After the Twins gagged on us, I need to see some ass kicking going on. If I have to, I will take some 20-10 wins, but what I really want to see are some 35-10 ass whoopens. I just cant stomach losing to SF. We need to be ready. Then, beat GB up in GB and send notice who the true Kings of the North are.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season is upon us! After the Twins gagged on us, I need to see some ass kicking going on. If I have to, I will take some 20-10 wins, but what I really want to see are some 35-10 ass whoopens. I just cant stomach losing to SF. We need to be ready. Then, beat GB up in GB and send notice who the true Kings of the North are.
I know my Bears have no chance of making the playoffs this year. At best they are going to fight for third in the NFCN. I just hope the Vikings kick the shit out of GB.

Good luck this year. Hopefully the SB runs through Minny this year.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my Bears have no chance of making the playoffs this year. At best they are going to fight for third in the NFCN. I just hope the Vikings kick the shit out of GB.

Good luck this year. Hopefully the SB runs through Minny this year.

Thanks, although I think Bears could make the playoffs. NFCN could send 3 teams to playoffs

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes favored by six over the Niners, seems high seeing what their offense did in pre-season...yes i know it was only pre-season.

First few games have me worried, I could see a 1-3 start.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes favored by six over the Niners, seems high seeing what their offense did in pre-season...yes i know it was only pre-season.

Shut your whore mouth!

:slaphappy:

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Typical viking fan

Always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season hasn't started. I'll wait for the first, before the other.

As a Minnesota fan it's hard to get too optimistic

too much of this in my life

giphy.gif

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting how the bears do with Mack now on defense. Their defense was pretty solid last year. I think some of that had to do with pace of play, but we'll see

They've won around a dozen games under Pace, and many bears fans still love him

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes - 27
Niners - 16