• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Utley To SF Deal "Advancing"

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the reports say. The Phils should toss in more value like Blanco and get a higher level prospect(s).

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the reports say. The Phils should toss in more value like Blanco and get a higher level prospect(s).
Are you kidding? Blanco is more valuable than Utley since he Performs well and cost next to nothing. Toss in Defratus instead.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding? Blanco is more valuable than Utley since he Performs well and cost next to nothing. Toss in Defratus instead.

He's over 31 so he's expendable in the Phillies future. Blanco's good. Helps us win some games but also might take us out of the #1 draft pick race. How about Backache Harrison?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF has a RH power hitting outfielder ranked 30th, Dylan Davis, 22, who threw 97 mph when he pitched. Has 11 HRs in '15. SF also has a huge load of pitching prospects in their top 30.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way things are going, we'll trade Utley and get a couple of prospects who will be unfit to play and at least one who is going to be too old and will never play again.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF will force Ruben to take DL'd Tim Hudson, 40, and 4.80, in a straight-up old man for old man trade.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way things are going, we'll trade Utley and get a couple of prospects who will be unfit to play and at least one who is going to be too old and will never play again.
LOL! Willie mays or Willie McCovey might be available.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 15 hours old from Around the Foghorn.

According to Craig Calcaterra of NBC Sports, San Francisco would not have to unload too many of their prospects, but Utley has increased his value with a good string of games since his return from injury. Giants fans probably would not have to say goodbye to pitchers Kyle Crick and Tyler Beede; however, GM Bobby Evans would most likely have to trade one of these top-five prospects or catcher Andrew Susac in order to seal the deal on Utley.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 15 hours old from Around the Foghorn.

According to Craig Calcaterra of NBC Sports, San Francisco would not have to unload too many of their prospects, but Utley has increased his value with a good string of games since his return from injury. Giants fans probably would not have to say goodbye to pitchers Kyle Crick and Tyler Beede; however, GM Bobby Evans would most likely have to trade one of these top-five prospects or catcher Andrew Susac in order to seal the deal on Utley.

Catcher position has gotten crowded lately with Knapp, Alfaro, and Rupp. Susac makes little sense, unless the Phils use him as trade bait.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Susac?? For 6 weeks of Utley?

You guys, even for a message board, are ABSURD.

You're going to get a B- level prospect AT BEST. He freaking cleared waivers, there is very little interest in him. The Giants are only talking because Panik is going to be out 2 more weeks and our season could be decided in these two weeks.

Good grief. Susac!?!?! A guy who would start for perhaps half the teams in the league for a guy who may be done, and if not will see regular playing time for 15 games....

wow.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Susac?? For 6 weeks of Utley?

You guys, even for a message board, are ABSURD.

You're going to get a B- level prospect AT BEST. He freaking cleared waivers, there is very little interest in him. The Giants are only talking because Panik is going to be out 2 more weeks and our season could be decided in these two weeks.

Good grief. Susac!?!?! A guy who would start for perhaps half the teams in the league for a guy who may be done, and if not will see regular playing time for 15 games....

wow.

Huh? You are absurd. My post above was part of a report from Around the Foghorn by Craig Calcaterra, whoever the hell he is. No one here ever heard of Susac let alone lusting for him.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read the report--that would be great if we could get a good prospect for Utley but at first glance Craig Calcaterra looks to be smoking some good shit. He also said "There’s always a possibility that Utley may not fit in well with the team chemistry. Utley has shown to be a hothead at times—he and Jonathan Sanchez had a confrontation that led to the benches clearing back in the 2010 NLCS." Out of all the adjectives you could use to describe Utley I think "hothead" is not one of them. And that "confrontation" if I remember right was Sanchez acting like a pitcher and getting all upset about him breaking some gay unwritten rule by flipping the ball to him. I think most people can only remember Utley ever saying about 10 words since he has been with the team. (although 2 of them are variations of the word "fuck" for whatever that is worth)

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utley wants regular playing time. He can't really demand that. His 7 for 17 might continue but for how long.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
phils should demand kyle crick, move him back to starter and spend all next year working on his control. if he can ever fix it, he has strong #2 potential.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utley may never approve a trade. But in reality a trade may be the best way he will get a contract from someone next season. Who will hire him to be a full time starter? A fill in or bench role is all he can expect at this time.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utley and his wife live in SF in the off-season. I'm guessing a trade to SF will be done by this weekend.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you REALLY think you guys are going to get a 2010 Utley return for 2015 Utley production, you are sadly mistaken. He cleared waivers, which means not ONE team wants him at face value. So to go from giving him away to asking for Crick, who until recently was one of our top prospects seems to be quite a stretch.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utley and his wife live in SF in the off-season. I'm guessing a trade to SF will be done by this weekend.

If SF is trading for Utley, then I'm guessing Philly is taking on some salary and is getting a bag of balls and a spittoon in return. Because Utley has worse numbers across the board from what McGahee gave us and he got DFA'd. Plus, our long term answer is a 24 yr old All-Star in Panik. My guess is Utley's value is much higher in Philly then anywhere else, simply based on nostalgia.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
phils should demand kyle crick, move him back to starter and spend all next year working on his control. if he can ever fix it, he has strong #2 potential.

You can demand Crick. Hell, I demand a BJ from Adrianna Lima. But my guess is that much like my demand, the end result of yours may be similar, as in the familiar sound of the phone disconnecting on the other end.