• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UNLV-ARIZONA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNLV @ #2 Arizona

W-L RECORD
UA: 8-0 (5-0 at Home)
UNLV: 3-3 (0-0 Away)

RPI RANK
UA: 10
UNLV: 192

SOS
UA: 59
UNLV: 97

PPG
UA: 79.6
UNLV: 71.5

PPG ALLOWED
UA: 59.2 (+20.4)
UNLV: 67.7 (+3.8)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monte's quick scouting report on UNLV:

The UNLV Runnin' Rebels will play their first true road game of the season against Arizona this Saturday. At first glance, UNLV has 6 guys averaging 22 mins/game and above with a few others averaging minutes in the teens. UNLV doesn't seems to posses a whole lot of size down low but man do they make the most of the size they do have. Their two forwards are listed at 6'8 and 6'9 however, UNLV is 8th in country in rebounds per game at 45.2 including 12.8 coming offensively. So needless to say, they're aggressive on the boards. This is one area that they can hurt us if we don't box out and are careless around the rim. UNLV is also effective at blocking. Thus far, they are 6th in country averaging 7.7 blocks per game compared to Arizona's at 6.2 per game.

UNLV is fairly balanced when it comes to scoring. They have 4 players averaging in the double figures. UNLV's leading scorer is 6'5 junior Bryce Dejean-Jones. He is averaging 12.8 PPG and 3.8 assists per game as well. I'm assuming AG will be guarding him most of the game along with others at times. I believe our length will give him problems and keep him under control.

Another guy to watch is 6'2 Fresno senior transfer Kevin Olekaibe. Olekaibe seems to be strictly a 3 point shooter for the most part. This season, he's taken 63 field goal attempts with 44 of them coming from beyond the arc (69.8% of his total offense) . He has made 19 of them for a 3 point shooting percentage of 43.2%. I'm assuming Nick Johnson will be the primary person guarding him and as we all know, Nick is tenacious on defense. Watch for NJ to have his man on lock down.

Finally, their bigs. First is junior 6'8 215lb Roscoe Smith. Smith is leading the country in rebounds per game at 16.17 and is averaging a double double this season with 12.7 ppg as well. He's a leader for them and watch for him to try and challenge our bigs down low. Next is junior 6'9 220lb Khem Birch. He is averaging a double double as well at 11 ppg and 10.2 rebounds per game. 73.5% of his offense is near or at the rim. I'm confident that our bigs can control these guys. ASU was able to out score the rebels 54-48 inside the paint and I'm confident that our defense will contain the rebel offense as well.

Personally, I don't think that UNLV can hang with us. I think our team is on a mission and being that this is their first road game of the season, I think this could turn into a blow out. BTFD

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks UNC. Time to take care of business at home and reclaim our long awaited place at the top of the mountain. BTFD

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlv is one of the few teams that can match our guys on the front court. I feel this gane might be a bit closer than most think.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlv is one of the few teams that can match our guys on the front court. I feel this gane might be a bit closer than most think.

Beyond that, they actually have some talent on their team. They have grossly underachieved so far this season. This game definitely has the potential to be tough.

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. I hope its a blowout Arizona wi, but our guys have to assume unlv will play better than normal aganst the number 2 team on the country. I won't be surprised to see quite a few well contested unlv jumpers find their way through the net.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great breakdown. If the Cats needed any extra motivation, they got it with the Spartans losing. #1 here we come!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that this game will be a strong game for us. UNLV is going on their first road trip, and it's in McKale against a top opponent for the Whiteout. Plus, some of the vets will want to win that Whiteout, because it's been trouble for us in the past. Plus, it will be a nice homecoming for the NIT champs!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ladies and Gents,
So I am hoping this was the crew that used to hang out on ESPN? Duuuuude, does that thread suck now... I never used to throw out too much, but I always enjoyed reading the chatter on the games. From Prescott, now in Denver. BTFD!

Welcome! We have a nice handful from the ESPN boards, probably around a dozen total (from ESPN). Tough to get everyone together by only reaching out on ESPN boards that people (understandably) despise. Look forward to talking AZ with ya!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Cal will be good and a contender in the Pac. The conference goes through Uofa.......... but what if Kearney plays like Felix and is the best defender in the Pac......... ASU ball fan can hope at least right? Kearney wont full develop until Junior and Senior year still so raw though. Pac goes through the Kitties.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC-12 is stacked with talent. Probably a few bottom-feeders (the Cougars seem to live there relative to other teams in the conference in just about anything), but not a lot of crap opponents. I wouldn't be surprised to see 8 teams from the conference in the Tourney.

AZ's biggest competition is going to be UCLA and Oregon. They definitely can't look past ASU, but there's really no comparison there.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC-12 is stacked with talent. Probably a few bottom-feeders (the Cougars seem to live there relative to other teams in the conference in just about anything), but not a lot of crap opponents. I wouldn't be surprised to see 8 teams from the conference in the Tourney.

AZ's biggest competition is going to be UCLA and Oregon. They definitely can't look past ASU, but there's really no comparison there.

Agreed. Both UCLA and Oregon look mighty tough so far.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We dont have Brandan Kearney...... but yea it shouldnt be the ass whooping we saw in football!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor n Kentucky coming down to the wire! Let's go Baylor. F#%* Kentucky!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor n Kentucky coming down to the wire! Let's go Baylor. F#%* Kentucky!!

I was checking the score at the beginning, and Baylor was up. Started watching when it was 27-24 BU. As soon as I put it on, UK nails a 3 to tie and then takes the lead. Watched it into the second half and UK started to extend their lead. I felt responsible so I turned it off. Kept checking the score and BU came back. Figured with a 4 pt lead wit h40 ticks left, it was safe to turn it back on. Watching BU close it out now. :yahoo:

I'm not saying that it has anything to do with me watching or not, I'm just saying that I wasn't going to take any chances.

Always great when Coach Cal loses :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was checking the score at the beginning, and Baylor was up. Started watching when it was 27-24 BU. As soon as I put it on, UK nails a 3 to tie and then takes the lead. Watched it into the second half and UK started to extend their lead. I felt responsible so I turned it off. Kept checking the score and BU came back. Figured with a 4 pt lead wit h40 ticks left, it was safe to turn it back on. Watching BU close it out now. :yahoo:

I'm not saying that it has anything to do with me watching or not, I'm just saying that I wasn't going to take any chances.

Always great when Coach Cal loses :suds:

Lol I know exactly what you're talking about, too funny. Dude, I'm seriously not impressed with Kentucky this year. Outside of Randle, nobody else on their team plays with intensity and passion. Just gives me more and more confidence that this could very well be our year....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky lost again. Fuck yes.

Yup, I watched the last 10 minutes, they didn't look like a top-5 team, went like seven minutes without a field goal in crunch time.

#1 goes down, and #3 goes down this week... no further motivation needed for the Cats to be 100% focused for a 3-3 UNLV squad tomorrow.