• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Twins Off Season Commentary

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Get Meyer up here ASAP

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This summer just got exponentially longer.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is this steroid-crap ever going to end? What a way to start 2015! In Santana's defense he said that, "He never knowingly took steroids." Gee, I never heard that one before. Someone in a California jail said the O.J. said that he never knowingly decapitated two people either. Innocent until proven guilty, or found not guilty be a hand-picked jury. Either way, it's out of my hands, and I got lots of things to do this Summer. Talk to you guys next Spring.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that really took the wind out of everyone's sails.

And now they lose the season opener for the 7th year in a row.

Why do we do it you guise? Why?!

:bawling:

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, the Twins have to finally score a run today, right? I like their chances a little better today facing gasoline Greene. I'm excited to see what Gibson looks like but I just hope these bats wake up and give Kyle some damn run support.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much action going on with the Twins yet.

I did hear that Gardy was offered the bench coach gig by the Padres. This after he hired an agent to help him land a job? lol

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much action going on with the Twins yet.

I did hear that Gardy was offered the bench coach gig by the Padres. This after he hired an agent to help him land a job? lol

Free agency doesn't open until Saturday.

Additionally, the Twins rarely do anything before the winter meetings.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't we been down this road?

We need a 1B?

Uhh Mauer and his 24 mil? Sano at DH? Kepler?

We already down have room. Especially with Curly wanting to keep Plouffe.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like they are creating a bit of an infield logjam in going after Ho Park. It’s about anybody’s guess how this thing will shake out but they will have to get creative for sure. I would imagine they must have something up their sleeve after the surprising move of going so hard after the big bat of Ho Park which about a dozen other teams were clawing at. You gotta love the sound of 105 HR’s over the last two seasons but I haven’t heard how his fielding is.

I’m sure things will continue to develop as more details surface. Anything you have heard anyone in the Twins organization say about their plans almost goes out the window now and I am excited to see what they do next after showing some initiative with this deal.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like they are creating a bit of an infield logjam in going after Ho Park. It’s about anybody’s guess how this thing will shake out but they will have to get creative for sure. I would imagine they must have something up their sleeve after the surprising move of going so hard after the big bat of Ho Park which about a dozen other teams were clawing at. You gotta love the sound of 105 HR’s over the last two seasons but I haven’t heard how his fielding is.

I’m sure things will continue to develop as more details surface. Anything you have heard anyone in the Twins organization say about their plans almost goes out the window now and I am excited to see what they do next after showing some initiative with this deal.
Haven't we been down this road?

We need a 1B?

Uhh Mauer and his 24 mil? Sano at DH? Kepler?

We already down have room. Especially with Curly wanting to keep Plouffe.

Sounds like they are planning for Sano to give left field a try in winter ball and see how it goes... :L

That just doesn't make sense. Why take someone of his size, and force him into something unnatural? He's never, at any level, fielded any other position than 1st and 3rd.

Granted, we have tons of outfield speed to cover for it, but it would make more sense to have Mauer work out in the outfield, during spring training. He's more athletic and fleet of foot.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they are planning for Sano to give left field a try in winter ball and see how it goes... :L

That just doesn't make sense. Why take someone of his size, and force him into something unnatural? He's never, at any level, fielded any other position than 1st and 3rd.

Granted, we have tons of outfield speed to cover for it, but it would make more sense to have Mauer work out in the outfield, during spring training. He's more athletic and fleet of foot.

I hear ya on that but I guess the least they could do is give it a try and see how he responds. Even better that he will be trying it out in winter ball to get a jump on it so we'll already have a better idea come ST. Mauer could probably handle OF too. I remember watching him out there in one game and it was.. interesting.. lol But a guy like Mauer seems like he could at the very least hold his own at almost any position.

Personally, I would still like to see them move Plouffe and get some pitching in return. We still have a long winter ahead of us so anything is possible.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya on that but I guess the least they could do is give it a try and see how he responds. Even better that he will be trying it out in winter ball to get a jump on it so we'll already have a better idea come ST. Mauer could probably handle OF too. I remember watching him out there in one game and it was.. interesting.. lol But a guy like Mauer seems like he could at the very least hold his own at almost any position.

Personally, I would still like to see them move Plouffe and get some pitching in return. We still have a long winter ahead of us so anything is possible.

:lol: We have enough 3s, 4s and 5s in our rotation :lol: .... He wouldn't bring back a 1 or a 2.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So where do Buxton, Rosario and Hicks go?

Our our millions of minor leaguers.

It doesn't make sense for anyone to move to outfield we don't need it. At all.

Now if we traded Plouffe then this signing could make sense.

Trade Plouffe to the Padres with a prospect and get Derrik Norris. Now that's a deal.