• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp news

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys' Jones: 18-game season would be safer

There you go thinking again jerry. Just cut the preseason to 3 games.
Well he is thinking more money.

However I would agree with this, with a couple rule changes.
Expand the roster & all players can only play in 16 games (I guess you could probably exclude K, P, & Long snapper from this, or not) Also they would have to manipulate the cap for the extra players on a team.
That not only gives the whole team the bye week. But players would have 2 weeks off somewhere during the grueling season. Whether for a break for their bodies or if they are dinged up. Let the teams decide which week or match up to not dress all these stars. This would make it better for their bodies during the season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is thinking more money.

However I would agree with this, with a couple rule changes.
Expand the roster & all players can only play in 16 games (I guess you could probably exclude K, P, & Long snapper from this, or not) Also they would have to manipulate the cap for the extra players on a team.
That not only gives the whole team the bye week. But players would have 2 weeks off somewhere during the grueling season. Whether for a break for their bodies or if they are dinged up. Let the teams decide which week or match up to not dress all these stars. This would make it better for their bodies during the season.
I read that idea in one of these articles. No disrespect, but I think that would be an absolutely horrible decision. Why in the world would you add 2 games but not let your best players play in them? So when the NFC East plays NE, Brady plays against Dallas and Phi, but sits against Wash? Does that sound like a fair system? Plus why should we watch Dallas without Dak for 2 games? He is our QB. The team is the team. You either play 16 games or 18. IMHO 16 is just fine. No reason to go increasing it. These far-fetched ideas out there are just to bring in more money. The owners and players make enough already; they don't need more.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that idea in one of these articles. No disrespect, but I think that would be an absolutely horrible decision. Why in the world would you add 2 games but not let your best players play in them? So when the NFC East plays NE, Brady plays against Dallas and Phi, but sits against Wash? Does that sound like a fair system? Plus why should we watch Dallas without Dak for 2 games? He is our QB. The team is the team. You either play 16 games or 18. IMHO 16 is just fine. No reason to go increasing it. These far-fetched ideas out there are just to bring in more money. The owners and players make enough already; they don't need more.
Well Baseball does it (unless your Cal Ripken jr)
Also adds a twist for coaches & management. BTW this is my point for making it "safer".
I am not a fan of adding more games to the schedule. But if they did there is no way the players should play more games. Not just for health but all records would now mean squat as well. Eventually I think the Owners will win out because money trumps all. So they should start looking into something feasible, before this becomes a real conversation.

As far as say not having Dak or whatever important starter from whatever team. That already happens when a player gets dinged up or injured. Now you wouldnt have to force a player to play & get more injured. You could use one of your 2 games to sit that player at that time so they can heal. the really good teams already sit players at the end of a season as it is.
Again I am not for extending the regular season, but when they do I am really not for individual players playing 18 games.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just not impressed with the TE play. In the pre season games. Not sure why schultz and Jarwin are considered so much better than Rico? I think If we cut Rico we will regret it later

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys' Jones: 18-game season would be safer

There you go thinking again jerry. Just cut the preseason to 3 games.
jerruh sees dollar signs. What else is new with this asswipe?
NFL is ruining the game I once loved. The new tackling/helmet rule will prove to be another major mistake. these players have no problem making millions and then later on sue for more. Hence we now have a rule that will prove to be the worst ever.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jerruh sees dollar signs. What else is new with this asswipe?
NFL is ruining the game I once loved. The new tackling/helmet rule will prove to be another major mistake. these players have no problem making millions and then later on sue for more. Hence we now have a rule that will prove to be the worst ever.
Jerry sees dollar signs, but he's not the only one. At the next collective bargaining agreement, the players are going to push for expanded rosters, more guaranteed money and pension. That means the owner take less of a cut or they generate more money to pay for it. The owners aren't taking a cut. This may be the only way to avoid an extended lockout. Jerry has been wrong alot in football, but not money

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard anything about Vander Esch? I'm trying to find updates, but not much available. Guess he's still nursing the groin(or knee?) issue?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard anything about Vander Esch? I'm trying to find updates, but not much available. Guess he's still nursing the groin(or knee?) issue?
I think I saw something (maybe twitter) where they said still working on the side.

I wanted to see more of him of course, but I say just let him get 100%. I am not one to say rookies need to contribute year one and feel the draft is for the next 5 plus years. I don't think he starts this year unless injury strikes because I don't see him as a SAM and I think Jaylon is going to be the Mike all year. So I'd rather have him at 100% for when needed down the road. I was hoping to get him snaps week 1 in the nickel and rotating a little in the base D. Now it looks like it could be a month or so until we see that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

200.webp

200w.webp

200w.webp

100.webp

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have faith in the front office, backed the LVE pick...come on boy, get on the field

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw something (maybe twitter) where they said still working on the side.

I wanted to see more of him of course, but I say just let him get 100%. I am not one to say rookies need to contribute year one and feel the draft is for the next 5 plus years. I don't think he starts this year unless injury strikes because I don't see him as a SAM and I think Jaylon is going to be the Mike all year. So I'd rather have him at 100% for when needed down the road. I was hoping to get him snaps week 1 in the nickel and rotating a little in the base D. Now it looks like it could be a month or so until we see that.

I don't think Vander Esch is going to see the field much this year, nickel package or not, unless Sean Lee goes down. Jaylon Smith is looking like a whole different animal from what he showed last year and I just don't see the coaches taking him off the field in favor of LVE at this point. J.Smith has looked awesome in all facets of his game so far. Damien Wilson is first up at SAM, and I don't think LVE's game suits the SAM position at all anyway.

LVE picked a bad preseason to get injured because the linebacker group has been playing really well for practically the entire camp. LVE is gonna have a lot of work to do to catch up to this group.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have faith in the front office, backed the LVE pick...come on boy, get on the field

Broaddus mentioned something about LVE the other day in one of his columns. I'm paraphrasing here, basically said that there is growing disappointment that LVE is still nursing the groin, everyone wants to see him on the field and that he is missing valuable instruction the last couple weeks.

Of course a groin injury is one of those things that you have to let run it's course and just allow it the time it needs to heal. Even so, LVE is falling way behind the rest of the LB group, no doubt about it.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy B to the Saints for 3rd rounder. Excellent move by Saints IMO. Could be their future

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broaddus mentioned something about LVE the other day in one of his columns. I'm paraphrasing here, basically said that there is growing disappointment that LVE is still nursing the groin, everyone wants to see him on the field and that he is missing valuable instruction the last couple weeks.

Of course a groin injury is one of those things that you have to let run it's course and just allow it the time it needs to heal. Even so, LVE is falling way behind the rest of the LB group, no doubt about it.
The only saving grace is that Michael Gallup looks like a steal. Of course, DJ Moore AND Michael Gallup ...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chance Warmack - G - Eagles
The Eagles can save $1.2 million from releasing LG Chance Warmack.

Warmack has been floated as a trade candidate this preseason. He was limited to a backup role last year and isn't needed on a deep offensive line. Trading Warmack would create $1.6 million in cap savings.

Come to pappa
75971820.jpg