• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp news

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought guard is the one spot we were fine at.
I know we need a tackle in case if Smith goes down (dont need that nightmare again)
& obviously Center right now. I believe we even drafted another guard this year.

Unless that guy is a good backup center dont see us looking at him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys still on hunt for safety help but nothing new on Earl Thomas

Xavier Woods‘ availability for the start of the season is in doubt because of a hamstring injury. His backup, Kavon Frazier, will play with a separated left shoulder.

Starting strong safety Jeff Heath has dealt with a sprained ankle and illness.

The Cowboys could use some help at the position before the season opener.

“We’re certainly not naive,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said at the team’s annual Kickoff Luncheon on Wednesday. “We’re looking for safety help out there as we are offensive line help. With Xavier being a big question mark for the first game, second game, whatever it is he might miss, we’re certainly on that. Obviously, Kavon got a little busted up as well in terms of his shoulder, but he’s a tough guy, and we feel good about him playing against Carolina. But we’re on the hunt for Red October there — both safety and offensive line.”

Undrafted rookie Tyree Robinson took Frazier’s place in Sunday night’s preseason game, which likely is not a backup plan the Cowboys would want for the regular season.

Earl Thomas would provide an upgrade at the position. The Pro Bowl free safety is holding out, and the Cowboys had trade talks with the Seahawks in February and April. But Jones said Wednesday that the Cowboys have not talked to the Seahawks lately.

The Cowboys thus far have found the Seahawks’ asking price too high.

So, for now at least, the Cowboys are seeking other means at improving the position.

“We’re always looking to improve our team, and we’ll certainly continue to see what’s out there — monitor what we can get our hands on,” Jones said. “I give [vice president of player personnel] Will [McClay] and his staff a lot of credit. They’ve done a good job of being out there scouting the other teams, and we’re having a lot of communication with them and feel real confident that we’ve done a good job and will do good in finding some nuggets out there who can help us win football games.”

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This sort of bothers me
Always a risk but from what I can read on various sites it seems it could just be routine for guys in stage 3 of the NFL drug program. May even have been pre-planned?

Guess we'll find out later:hope:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the trade we are looking for, but:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading a lot of people the last couple of days saying they thought Ward makes the team. Interesting if it is for a "real" pick or a conditional that ends up as nothing if he isn't on the team all year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading a lot of people the last couple of days saying they thought Ward makes the team. Interesting if it is for a "real" pick or a conditional that ends up as nothing if he isn't on the team all year.

Reading Twitter - it sounds like it may be for OL depth

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked him up. Honestly I don't really know this guy, but he has started in the past. So if they like him I'm all for it.

Looks like he won the starting job his rookie year (2016) and then got hurt and wasn't ready at the beginning of 2017. Not sure about this year.

Parker Ehinger - G - Chiefs
Chiefs placed LG Parker Ehinger on injured reserve with a torn ACL, ending his season.

The No. 105 overall pick of the draft, Ehinger suffered the injury in Sunday's win over the Colts. He missed two games earlier this season with a concussion. Ehinger was performing at an acceptable level across the board, but he was dominating in the run game. Provided he's healthy, he'll be in the mix for a 2017 starting job. Zach Fulton is the next man up on the depth chart.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always kind of puzzled why Ehinger got into the doghouse last year. Denver wasn't the greatest gauge in the world given it was kind of a throwaway game for both sides to an extent, but I thought Ehinger was at least playable.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put these 5 on your final 53. Obviously most (all) were already:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and maybe this guy too:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what this means, but apparently Gregory asked for the meeting.

I don't think it's about the NFL determining in Gregory can play or not.

Yes sounding much better now.