• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade rumor from Eklund and when does Yzerman sign Bish?

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am heading down to Flyers/Caps in a few hours and will further update from there if I hear anything else. I am still chasing down a Penguins rumor that is pretty surprising as well as a possible deal involving a D-man and the Lightning...we will see...as you can tell it has been a fun day so far!"

Very interesting rumor, a D-man? Perhaps Andy MacDonald? Someone whole you'll see tonight for the Isles. The Isles are in a selling position and MacDonald could be a possibility for the Bolts, very underrated, one of the most underrated D-men in the league. Plays 20 plus mins a game, leads the NHL in blocked, just a solid defenseman who the bolts could be looking at with this rumor? I don't think it will be a guy with a huge cap price and MacDonald has a $550,000 cap hit and is a UFA after the season but perhaps someone who the bolts could keep long term. Cost to get him probably a prospect and a pick.

With Bishop's tremendous play, it's time to think about giving him a long term deal. If I were Yzerman i'd be trying to get a deal done soon, although he's got this year and next year before he's a UFA I don't want him going anywhere near Free Agency and the longer he keeps this play up, the higher the asking price will be from Bish.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may drive a hard bargain for Mac just because of how underrated and cheap he is. Don't think they will just give him away, but will certainly be interested in some of your younger players, most likely Johnson or even Brown.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may drive a hard bargain for Mac just because of how underrated and cheap he is. Don't think they will just give him away, but will certainly be interested in some of your younger players, most likely Johnson or even Brown.

I doubt the Bolts will give up much for him. He will be an UFA at the end of the Season.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Bolts will give up much for him. He will be an UFA at the end of the Season.

Further thinking on this reply makes me wonder if Stevie Y even cares about a D anyway. I don't see this trade happening because it does not involve getting another forward. Sheesh, wtf was I thinking when I responded the 1st time! :L

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's from Eklund I don't believe it. I wouldn't be surprised if AMAC is traded before the deadline though. There was a lot of talk earlier in the year about how the team & the player wanted to stay. Word is no contract extension offer has been made up to this point.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am heading down to Flyers/Caps in a few hours and will further update from there if I hear anything else. I am still chasing down a Penguins rumor that is pretty surprising as well as a possible deal involving a D-man and the Lightning...we will see...as you can tell it has been a fun day so far!"

Very interesting rumor, a D-man? Perhaps Andy MacDonald? Someone whole you'll see tonight for the Isles. The Isles are in a selling position and MacDonald could be a possibility for the Bolts, very underrated, one of the most underrated D-men in the league. Plays 20 plus mins a game, leads the NHL in blocked, just a solid defenseman who the bolts could be looking at with this rumor? I don't think it will be a guy with a huge cap price and MacDonald has a $550,000 cap hit and is a UFA after the season but perhaps someone who the bolts could keep long term. Cost to get him probably a prospect and a pick.

With Bishop's tremendous play, it's time to think about giving him a long term deal. If I were Yzerman i'd be trying to get a deal done soon, although he's got this year and next year before he's a UFA I don't want him going anywhere near Free Agency and the longer he keeps this play up, the higher the asking price will be from Bish.
They can't extend bishop till after july 1st 2014 when he goes into his last year! i'm sure they will get a new contract done with him this summer! there is no way yzerman is going goalie searching again for a long time they will lock up big ben. I would think they offer him a 6 year deal worth 5 to 6 million per season.