• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline 2020

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buck-Alice is reporting a 4 team trade which would send Kawhi, AD and James Harden to the Bucks in return for Frank Mason III, Sterling Brown and Dragan Bender.

The NBA said to hell with salaries matching!
They'd probably all be willing to rip up their current deals and sign lge. minimum contracts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just do not understand how this makes Houston better. For one, Robert Covington isn't even that good. He's a fine player, don't get me wrong, but he's not the kind of piece that's gonna tip you over into being a champion. And now they are really small. They have to have something else planned.

They just traded Capela AND a 1st rounder (and a somewhat useful Gerald Green) for fucking Robert Covington. WUT!?!?!

So who is their center? PJ Tucker? They got rid of Capela and Nene. Their only big man now is Jordan Bell lol. I guess they have Chandler who can play limited minutes but he's old and trash now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Lakers trade Kuzma for Morris? That rumor doesn't make much sense

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont like the trade at all for the Wolves.

Middling pick in a crappy draft. And 2 players that on a good team should never play more than 12 minutes a game.

Crappy value for Covington. Speculation is that the Wolves were just scared he was going to have knee issues that might drive his value down.

I hate the direction this new GM is taking this team. Covington was one of the few legit bullets he had in his holster and he likely just pissed it away on 3 pieces that will in all liklihood will look like wasted pieces by the time Covington contract is even up.

Should have held onto Covington until the offseason and just limited him to keep his knee healthy if this was the best they could have done at this point.

I agree. I am not a huge fan. I think that Rockets pick would have been enough to drop Dieng. Going into the offseason 30 million in cap means they could have offered those 2 picks in the draft and maybe a future pick for Russell. Golden states main hold up was they had no interest in Wiggins.

They had a good shot with a core of KAT, Russell, and Culver. Still handicapped by Wiggins, but better off than they are now.

I did not really believe that Rosas had what it takes when he traded a 19 million expiring for nothing other than a different expiring contract.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I am not a huge fan. I think that Rockets pick would have been enough to drop Dieng. Going into the offseason 30 million in cap means they could have offered those 2 picks in the draft and maybe a future pick for Russell. Golden states main hold up was they had no interest in Wiggins.

They had a good shot with a core of KAT, Russell, and Culver. Still handicapped by Wiggins, but better off than they are now.

I did not really believe that Rosas had what it takes when he traded a 19 million expiring for nothing other than a different expiring contract.

I don't think you were getting Russell without Culver.

Never understood why they didn't deal wiggins when they had the chance a few years ago.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you were getting Russell without Culver.

Never understood why they didn't deal wiggins when they had the chance a few years ago.

Because he super Pinky promised to Glen Taylor that he would for realsies work on his defense this time.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See I disagree on Russell. Him and Wiggy are the same player at different positions. Inefficient volume players that dont add W's to the win column if you have to rely on their offense too much.

There is a reason the Wolves have always sucked with Wiggins. There also a reason why every single team that Russell has been on has sucked.

If either player is your 2nd best player, you are guaranteed to be drafting in the lottery. If either player is your 3rd best player, you still aren't that great.

Personally I wouldnt add anything to a Wiggin for Russell swap.....let alone 1st round picks even if they are middling.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I read is that the Warriors did not want multiple first round picks in THIS years draft class which is considered overall very weak. The Warriors wanted unprotected first round picks in 2021 and teams weren't willing to give those up so easily. This reminds me of another draft year where teams were actively looking to dump their first round picks. Can't recall which draft that was, but wasn't too long ago.

Wiggins for sure was a hold up, but I'm sure the Warriors would have been comfortable with him given the draft compensation held up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done deal

Final Trade:

Rockets get: Robert Covington, Jordan Bell, Warriors 2024 2nd

Hawks get: Clint Capela, Nene

Wolves get: Malik Beasley, Juancho Hernangomez, Jarred Vanderbilt, Evan Turner, 2020 Nets 1st (from Atlanta)

Nuggets get: Shabazz Napier, Keita Bates-Diop, Gerald Green, Noah Vonleh, 2020 Rockets 1st

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read is that the Warriors did not want multiple first round picks in THIS years draft class which is considered overall very weak. The Warriors wanted unprotected first round picks in 2021 and teams weren't willing to give those up so easily. This reminds me of another draft year where teams were actively looking to dump their first round picks. Can't recall which draft that was, but wasn't too long ago.

Wiggins for sure was a hold up, but I'm sure the Warriors would have been comfortable with him given the draft compensation held up.

It was the Lillard draft. Brooklyn gave away the pick because it was only a 3 player draft......

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I disagree on Russell. Him and Wiggy are the same player at different positions. Inefficient volume players that dont add W's to the win column if you have to rely on their offense too much.

There is a reason the Wolves have always sucked with Wiggins. There also a reason why every single team that Russell has been on has sucked.

If either player is your 2nd best player, you are guaranteed to be drafting in the lottery. If either player is your 3rd best player, you still aren't that great.

Personally I wouldnt add anything to a Wiggin for Russell swap.....let alone 1st round picks even if they are middling.

Russell was worth 3.3 VORP last year and is 1.0 this year.

Wiggins first year as a plus VORP is this year at .4.

It's not even close that you would need to add to the deal.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just last year the Nets made the playoffs behind Russell, who made the all-star team as an injury replacement. He's not elite of course, but he's also not in Wiggins territory.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the Lillard draft. Brooklyn gave away the pick because it was only a 3 player draft......

No, Brooklyn gave away the pick to get Howard's friend, Gerald Wallace, and then couldn't afford to trade for Howard because of Wallace's salary.

It was amazingly bad roster and cap management.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything I read said that Wiggins was the hold up. The picks might also be a hold up. I am not a big Russell fan, but KAT wants him, so it is likely to happen. I would love to get out of it as cheap as possible. Nobody is going to take Wiggins contract, so the team is stunted all the way through KAT's prime.

I still really hate that the wolves did not keep the rockets pick. giving up a trade asset for the right to over pay Beasley was a bad call. Him and Hernangomez does help with the wolves horrendous 3 point percentage though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...and the two picks Brooklyn traded away ended up Dame and Dray, lol. Don't prejudge a draft I guess?