• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Total days suspended from Reds/Pirates brawl

Over or under 60

• Total voters
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with the over since its been over a day and they still havent said a thing, long deliberations is the last thing a team(s) want the commish to be mulling over for a few days. (its always the next day isnt it?)

I think all the suspension records for on field actions get broken tomorrow

Kela 10(didnt use the old the ball slipped out of my hand or some such crap)
Garret 12 to 20, previous record 10 for starting a fight.
Bell 15 to 30, previous record 8, but hes gonna crack that all to hell and back for sure imho, he is getting the most days on the beach for sure imo.

Puig, idk ill go 8 for him

Probably lots of 1 to 5 games tossed in too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it will take multiple suspensions longer than previous records to get to your O/U number??

Let me call my banker to take a mortgage on my house...

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB needs to adopt the NASCAR policy of boys have at it. Fights should be encouraged, not disciplined. All the baseball shows publicized the hell out of it every time the benches clear, and if they’re gonna promote it, they shouldn’t condemn it at the same time.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the under wins:suds:

asiel Puig has been suspended for three games for his actions in Tuesday night's benches-clearing brawl with the Pirates.
Puig was officially traded to the Indians on Wednesday and is in their starting lineup on Thursday night, so he has apparently appealed the suspension. Keone Kela got 10 games, Amir Garrett got eight games, Jose Osuna got five games, Jared Hughes got three games, Kyle Crick got three games, Reds manager David Bell got six games, and Pirates manager Clint Hurdle got six. Major League Baseball really brought the hammer here.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
44 games total unless my math is wrong.

Is it still a rule that the spots on the roster can’t be replaced during the suspension? If so, Reds and Pirates are gonna be short handed big time

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it will take multiple suspensions longer than previous records to get to your O/U number??

Let me call my banker to take a mortgage on my house...

Hey I was drunk!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it still a rule that the spots on the roster can’t be replaced during the suspension? If so, Reds and Pirates are gonna be short handed big time

I think they do em 1 at a time so you are never under 24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

asiel Puig has been suspended for three games for his actions in Tuesday night's benches-clearing brawl with the Pirates.
Puig was officially traded to the Indians on Wednesday and is in their starting lineup on Thursday night, so he has apparently appealed the suspension. Keone Kela got 10 games, Amir Garrett got eight games, Jose Osuna got five games, Jared Hughes got three games, Kyle Crick got three games, Reds manager David Bell got six games, and Pirates manager Clint Hurdle got six. Major League Baseball really brought the hammer here.

I knew Kela was going to get hammered for admitting what he did.

Bell and Hurdle getting the same suspension seems a bit odd to me, Hell Bell was even ejected earlier in the game.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that wont help the braves cause they will appeal and could be weeks even months before they serve

braves should win easily but its baseball and things never happen like u expect

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that wont help the braves cause they will appeal and could be weeks even months before they serve

braves should win easily but its baseball and things never happen like u expect
Puig not being there helps our cause. That dude kills us.

But the Reds have our number, and if you buy into run differential, they’re better than their record.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and the lucky one is clint hurdler. a week vacation away from watching the pirate train wreck sounds like club med

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Kela was going to get hammered for admitting what he did.

Bell and Hurdle getting the same suspension seems a bit odd to me, Hell Bell was even ejected earlier in the game.

Looks like that was wrong. Bell got 6 and Hurdle got 2 games

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Eckstein not get suspended? He had Bell on the ground.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Tom Brady got suspended for four games too.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB as usual sends out conflicting reports on whether they are policing the game or just punishing players who act out of control. Kela threw his team under the bus by basically admitting he was being encouraged to throw at Dietrich, who hasn't had a solid base hit in 3 weeks.
Garrett should be suspended by his own team for being a complete unhinged moron. They invest money in their only quality lefty who thinks he's in a post-apocalyptic world domination movie.
If, as Bell says, Hurdle is nurturing this sort of activity, then the Commissioner has the authority to act. Making the game 'fan-friendly' again is about all that happens there.
I am not coming down on either side here but the key man is Jared Hughes, who's been on both sides of this since the original events.
Hughes comes off as a terrific guy, and I am sure he is. But he didn't support peace or any efforts to end this sort of distraction. I don't watch the games to spend 30 minutes watching rehashed (and we all get to watch them over and over and over) video clips of something that didn't matter in an 11-4 blowout. If you are a Reds fan or a Cardinals fan, you have memorized the 'brawl' that didn't go away for 6 fucking years. Every time Molina got booed, cue up the fight!

A least they can't blame this on Dusty Baker.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did love the Twitter meme that Garrett went full "Leroy Jenkins". Big dude has big balls to charge the entire opposing team's dugout with no backup. But as I said earlier, someone from Pittsburgh should have tackled him before he got past the foul line.