• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Gonzalez

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Gonzalez was talking to some media outlet yesterday and says he's looking at coming out of retirement, but only if he can play on a real contender.

The Boston media has picked up on it and played with it on "Sports Tonight" and a couple of other places. Of course they all think he's talking about New England or Denver.

Would I like to see him in New England? He's experienced, he's big, and he's always been damn good in the Red Zone and End Zone. He might be a huge complement to Gronkowski.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.
I'd like to see Jones get some game time experience.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony would come here rather then Denver.. I feel... Denver is set on te and we are a revolving door.. This will heat up more around week 8

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Gonzalez was talking to some media outlet yesterday and says he's looking at coming out of retirement, but only if he can play on a real contender.

The Boston media has picked up on it and played with it on "Sports Tonight" and a couple of other places. Of course they all think he's talking about New England or Denver.

Would I like to see him in New England? He's experienced, he's big, and he's always been damn good in the Red Zone and End Zone. He might be a huge complement to Gronkowski.

A Salivating Thought, But Quit Daydreaming About Tony Gonzalez on the Patriots - Eric Wilbur's Sports Blog - Boston.com

Excerpt:
""I've had teams ask me to come back and play for them,'' Gonzalez told Newsday this week in the same interview in which he predicted the Denver Broncos would go undefeated. "I won't name those teams, but I'm happily retired, so I'm not even thinking about it. I'm looking forward to getting to work with these guys from CBS.’'

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Wilbur is wrong, but he's just expressing "his" opinion. Typically, veterans hate training camp and if Gonzalez has stayed in shape, just in case he got a call, what do you think he'd rather do? Sit in the booth every Sunday or suit up and at least get to the AFC Championship or possibly win a ring?

My guess is a $3M contract and a shot to play with Brady and get some jewelry would be a hell of a lot more satisfying than sitting with JB, Boomer and Marino on Sundays.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has anything left bring him in and stop the TE revolving door.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Wilbur is wrong, but he's just expressing "his" opinion. Typically, veterans hate training camp and if Gonzalez has stayed in shape, just in case he got a call, what do you think he'd rather do? Sit in the booth every Sunday or suit up and at least get to the AFC Championship or possibly win a ring?

My guess is a $3M contract and a shot to play with Brady and get some jewelry would be a hell of a lot more satisfying than sitting with JB, Boomer and Marino on Sundays.

That's a cushy job and they pay well.

IF he came back....is there a contender near where his family is? If so, he goes there. Or, it would be between the Hawks, Broncos and Pats. If I were him.....I'd go with the Hawks. But I'd hope he lands with the Pats.