• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady - Retirement Party

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bless your soul for being so appreciative of his career. That guy hasn't sat right with me for over 20 years lol.

It got a little frustrating watching the Patriots NON-STOP in the postseason let alone Super Bowl, but I always liked Brady (my Dad and others meanwhile hated him because I'm assuming jealousy or just derp rage). End of day, you got to witness in PERSON, a player at arguably the hardest position in sports do something that may never be achieved in NFL history, again.

I mean Mahomes? 6 more Super Bowls? I know he's going for his 2nd... so we'll see...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you weren't , and some people still have Montana as GOAT or others, subjective. Duncan had Robinson, Parker, Manu etc, Brady imo was more important to the team, because they didn't provide him with star power, except for a few years wiht Moss and then Gronk was a great pick and Hernandez might have too , if he wasn't a maniac killer. Now he gets extreme talent in TB and puts up over 40 tds in both seasons, and 10k yards combined yards, not bad for a 44 yr old guy. Until NE gets a new GM, Pats will be flat on offense, Belichick sucks in that dept. How he got executive of the year award, is beyond. Pays Aghalor and Jonnu Smith big money and FA, and what did they contribute. Guys like Jordan, Russell Wilson and see Mahomes having it as great leaders and extremely clutch, and that is more imo in my opinion than some tangibles.
Now if we see more QBs coming in like Mahomes and Allen, will be like Madden video games, QB can scramble for 20 yards or throw a 70 yard TD, which D do I play?
By God!
I THINK YOU'VE NAILED IT!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching a video of Brady's first game yesterday. I'm not sure I fully agree with the narrative that Brady didn't have talent around him for large chunks of his career.

I do think Bellichick ran out of gas and probably cost Brady a couple of times but the parity rules in the NFL are absolutely nuts. Look at the Bengals getting Burrow and Chase with top picks in two years and now they're a game away from the SB. I think these parity rules will prevent another Brady from ever happening. But I guess we'll find out.
Well Belichick had Bledsoe who signed the largest NFL contract in history then and was in the SB a few years earlier with NE. Guy went 5-13 before the injury. In 08 they had Moss and Welker, but missed the playoffs. Their #1 receiver for his first years was Deion Branch, then it was Welker, and then Edelman, which of these guys would be even a no#2 on most teams?. Again on defense they have always been very good, no complaints

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Brett Favre retired, many sports analysts said that his passing yards would never be broken, there even was a "Top 10 NFL records that will never be broken" show on NFL Network and that was on it. Well, look what happened. It's entirely possible that Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbet will pass Brady's 84,000 passing yards especially with the extra game. Bradshaw at one time was considered the GOAT of QBs, then Montana and many thought then his 40,000 passing yards was astonishing. Brady is considered the GOAT today but in 15 years that will change. If an 80-year-old person thinks Bradshaw is the GOAT, he is not wrong. During that time period in the NFL, Bradshaw was a winner. Same with Montana during his time. Bradshaw, Montana, Elway, P.Manning, Brees, Favre, Brady all was great at what they did, and all played the game differently.

The AFC championship games for years to come with Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Jackson will be fun to watch!!! And Watson still has a spot someone whether its AFC or NFC. maybe even Mayfield.
Good points and the game keeps evolving in a passing league, that's why can't compare stats to guys from after say 2005 to before, or 90's and 80's with 70's and 60's. They keep changing the rules to protect the QB and then the no contact after 5 yards rules enforced. When Ty Law picked off Manning 3 x in a game , Polian complained about it and they enforced it, and now WR's can't get muckled like before, more holding and DPI calls. Since then, QB's td/int ratings have gone up substantially as well as passer ratings. QB's like Namath and Bradshaw had more int, that's the way the game was back then, with the rules. QB's getting killed and WR's getting mugged

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you weren't , and some people still have Montana as GOAT or others, subjective. Duncan had Robinson, Parker, Manu etc, Brady imo was more important to the team, because they didn't provide him with star power, except for a few years wiht Moss and then Gronk was a great pick and Hernandez might have too , if he wasn't a maniac killer. Now he gets extreme talent in TB and puts up over 40 tds in both seasons, and 10k yards combined yards, not bad for a 44 yr old guy. Until NE gets a new GM, Pats will be flat on offense, Belichick sucks in that dept. How he got executive of the year award, is beyond. Pays Aghalor and Jonnu Smith big money and FA, and what did they contribute. Guys like Jordan, Russell Wilson and see Mahomes having it as great leaders and extremely clutch, and that is more imo in my opinion than some tangibles.
Now if we see more QBs coming in like Mahomes and Allen, will be like Madden video games, QB can scramble for 20 yards or throw a 70 yard TD, which D do I play?
It's a passing league right now.

Soon we'll have 300 pound linebackers who run 4.2 forties. That might change a few things!

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B][/SIZE]
FACEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, he's got fuck all to prove now. He "Pants" Brees, Rogers and Mahomes last year as an old man. Nobody will eclipse his records. Retire healthy and boink Giselle full time!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been run from the league. He couldn’t cut it, so he retreats with his tail between his legs.
Wow.

Telling it like it is. I like it.
IMO the Ric Flair of Football. You ask people who are not Football fans, they'll know who Tom Brady is

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning a SB without the Patriots was probably huge for him. Also got to crush Mahomes and beat him in a coinflip game.

So I wouldn't say he hasn't had anything to prove for a long time. But now? Nothing to prove.
I know it’s not a game of quarterback vs. quarterback, but I would have loved to see a Tampa Bay vs. Kansas City rematch. Mahomes is the heir apparent. A class guy that makes his teammates better.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it’s not a game of quarterback vs. quarterback, but I would have loved to see a Tampa Bay vs. Kansas City rematch. Mahomes is the heir apparent. A class guy that makes his teammates better.
Brady gets the last laugh. Bet Mahomes is pissed about that but will never show it.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually surprised he retired. Well Rodgers is it from that generation of great QB's after Manning, Brees, Ben and Brady retired.

OH well at least we get to see more of Allen/Mahomes and most likely Burrow and Herbert going forward.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Telling it like it is. I like it.
IMO the Ric Flair of Football. You ask people who are not Football fans, they'll know who Tom Brady is
Ben Roethlisberger finally retires.
Makes his announcement and goes to bed.
Wakes up the next morning and reads the news.
1st headline: Brady considering retirement!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Roethlisberger finally retires.
Makes his announcement and goes to bed.
Wakes up the next morning and reads the news.
1st headline: Brady considering retirement!

I think I have a live view into Ben's House now....

angry panda GIF by Steve Konklin