• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficially Official 2016 Spring training thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldn't have looked at my phone. It's my fault.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree as well. There is nothing wrong with expression without showing up the other pitcher or team. I mean who does not remember Kirk Gibson running around the bases and doing his arm pumps. The problem with baseball being okay with things like what Bautista did is it goes beyond MLB and down to High School and Little Leagues. I mean, do we want kids doing that stuff and thinking it is okay? And then it becomes a time to retaliate or whatever at any level of baseball. Then the results could be severe. I think Manfred is missing the big picture here.

I had much more problem with the allowance of fans to interfere with the game. I did not like JoeyBats over exuberance but best payback is for Roogie to make big play and get hyped himself. Yeah too much ego these days but I do not care to police. BTW I confess watching bat flip replays so prevent on the net

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ps. Yea tough loss by Sooners. Hurt my bracket too. Sorry

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we move on to opening thread, I wanted to add 2 cents to IMO the big factors for Rangers to go deep this year and hopefully to he promise land.

Has to be Dutch and Perez coming back strong. If they play to potential, then we will be hard to score a bunch against. We have an elite overall pen IMO. I expect more big years from Choo and even Roogie. He will find a way though pitchers have now been schooled. Desmond will come up huge and if he can play CF then that is another big plus. We have improved at catcher and Elvis is at hear back of lineup. We are a better team. If Yu comes back strong and the rest of the SP holds then we will be tough to beat

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had much more problem with the allowance of fans to interfere with the game. I did not like JoeyBats over exuberance but best payback is for Roogie to make big play and get hyped himself. Yeah too much ego these days but I do not care to police. BTW I confess watching bat flip replays so prevent on the net
The fans were a bigger problem for sure. They are two separate issues for me, but I guess the taunting by the players could lead to fans getting more rowdy at some point along the way also. I guess that is another reason why I am against the bats being flipped, especially when it is more of a toss towards the opposing dugout. But then I hate all the trash talking and showboating in football also. I like enthusiasm and having fun, I just don't care for the taunting and trying to show up the opponent.

I am so old school that I have never cared for the term "walk off home run" that used to be simply called a game ending home run. Now they have to put the emphasis on the losing team having to walk off defeated for some reason.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening Day roster takes shape for Rangers

The fifth starter is still unknown, but manager Jeff Banister has hinted that A.J. Griffin could be recalled from the minors to start Friday against the Angels in Anaheim. General manager Jon Daniels also suggested Saturday morning that was the club’s thinking.

Klein could be a candidate to be optioned to the minors if Griffin is added.

Here is the Rangers’ 2016 Opening Day roster:

Starters (4): LHP Cole Hamels, LHP Martin Perez, LHP Derek Holland, RHP Colby Lewis.

Bullpen (8): RHP Shawn Tolleson, RHP Sam Dyson, LHP Jake Diekman, RHP Tom Wilhelmsen, RHP Keone Kela, LHP Andrew Faulkner, RHP Tony Barnette, RHP Phil Klein.

Infielders (6): Prince Fielder, Mitch Moreland, Rougned Odor, Elvis Andrus, Adrian Beltre, Hanser Alberto.

Catchers (2): Robinson Chirinos, Bryan Holaday.

Outfielders (5): Shin-Soo Choo, Delino DeShields, Ian Desmond, Justin Ruggiano, Ryan Rua.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like Daniels is going to tell anybody anything. With that said, I don't really see much need for addition with our current roster.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Gimenez go to AAA?