• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Tiburones vs. lonely isles

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So I guess there wast a game thread for this one, but I figured Id give us a place to talk...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So they werent gunna go 82-0 and I figured this one would be the first L. Makes sense. Stalock was subpar. no martin and replaced with Dillon makes Burns -3 and dillon -2 (d'uh since dillon isnt even an NHL Dman or a #5/6 at best).

Tough to play with your back up goalie, without your #2 Dman in martin, without 4 of your top 9 forwards in Donskoi, torres, karlsson, and Couture, on the road, on a back-to-back, after an overtime game, with a 3+ hr bus ride, against one of the top teams in the east.

All in all, pretty amazing that they had the lead halfway through this one. obviously, they ran out of gas in the 3rd and goaltending faltered. Neither goal by okposo nor Nelson in the 3rd was a particularly good goal, and likely jones lets in neither. Actually Boychuk's slapper from distance wasnt great (even though it was off the post) and neither was Lee's goal with the mask issue as you gotta keep playing mask or not. I would argue that Bailey's goal was the only one that Stalock is definitely not at least in partly, if not wholly, to blame. All the others were either straight up bad or at least very stoppable. I wonder if they dont win 3-1 if Jones is in net in this game.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In other news, Jake Kupsky got a shutout in his first NCAA game with Union, and Timo Meier has 10 pts in 5 games with halifax, which is encouraging.

Also really great to see Goldobin get his first NHL goal, though it was a relatively easy one after a ridiculous pas from jumbo. man, what a needle thread. Still, both Goldobin and Donskoi have the first ones done, and that's pretty significant.

Does anyone know the extent of the martin injury? If they are short on D for any extended period, they will be in big trouble. Lack of D depth is the obvious achilles heal and if Dillon has to be in the top 4 for a while, expect alot more games like this, very reminiscent to last season. Deboer is being tested here early on...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I read this game was all Stalocks 3 bad angle goals, you can't have that. Injuries played a part but this is all on the goalie

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From what I read this game was all Stalocks 3 bad angle goals, you can't have that. Injuries played a part but this is all on the goalie

yeah, I agree in large part. Stalock is proving dougie right for not trusting him, as between last year and this, he just hasnt provided himself a capable starter or backup. I like the guy and he's had a lot of bad luck, but simply put, he sucked, and he better be a whole lot improved if he wants to retain even the backup job.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, I agree in large part. Stalock is proving dougie right for not trusting him, as between last year and this, he just hasnt provided himself a capable starter or backup. I like the guy and he's had a lot of bad luck, but simply put, he sucked, and he better be a whole lot improved if he wants to retain even the backup job.
Yeah he better start looking over his shoulder because Grosenick or Dell is waiting go take his job

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love Stalock, but I think Grose is more than capable of being backup... I think we should trade Stalock while he still has some value - maybe to Calgary or Edm