• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday, August 29th Game thread: Pony Express vs. The Dirty Birds

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During Arizona's 17-play, 80-yard touchdown drive in the second quarter, Williams showed off his strength and durability with eight carries, including a beautiful eight-yard run off to the left side of the line and a powerful one-yard scamper into the end zone on fourth and goal.

But did he do enough in two preseason games -- 11 rushes for 35 yards -- to make the team?

Head coach Bruce Arians thinks so.

"I don't think there's any doubt," he told Arizona Sports 620's Paul Calvisi after Thursday's game. "We're so good at running back.

"We're going to keep the best 53 players, even if we have to overload one position. I'm not going to keep a bad player at one position and cut a good player."

Well, there you have it. Ryan Williams will be an Arizona Cardinal when the regular season opens up on Sept. 8.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During Arizona's 17-play, 80-yard touchdown drive in the second quarter, Williams showed off his strength and durability with eight carries, including a beautiful eight-yard run off to the left side of the line and a powerful one-yard scamper into the end zone on fourth and goal.

But did he do enough in two preseason games -- 11 rushes for 35 yards -- to make the team?

Head coach Bruce Arians thinks so.

"I don't think there's any doubt," he told Arizona Sports 620's Paul Calvisi after Thursday's game. "We're so good at running back.

"We're going to keep the best 53 players, even if we have to overload one position. I'm not going to keep a bad player at one position and cut a good player."

Well, there you have it. Ryan Williams will be an Arizona Cardinal when the regular season opens up on Sept. 8.

Me gusto!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"EVERYONE IS GOOD"
-WOLF
The questions is will the play by play announcer make the fight for 10?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I guess he makes a lot of rout running mistakes in practice, but there is no question he has excellent hands.

Weird BA was riding his D alot of the time. At Arizona State that is what he was best at. I think hes the best option as our 4th receiver just like Kyle Williams from the 49ers.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolf sure ain't no Bernie Kosar. At least he's memorable though. Nobody gets verbal diarrhea of the mouth worse than Wolf and can annoy you to no end, but he's also pretty hilarious at times. Plus, who doesn't want someone who sounds like Jesse the Body Ventura calling the games?

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like wolf as well. I listen to Doug and wolf every morning when I take the kids to school.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolf sure ain't no Bernie Kosar. At least he's memorable though. Nobody gets verbal diarrhea of the mouth worse than Wolf and can annoy you to no end, but he's also pretty hilarious at times. Plus, who doesn't want someone who sounds like Jesse the Body Ventura calling the games?
Now that's funny! :lol: We could start a thread of memorable Wolfyisims?

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like wolf as well. I listen to Doug and wolf every morning when I take the kids to school.

I'd rather listen to Colin Cowherd. The Doug and Wolf radio show sounds like some sort of comedy sound clip show.