• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: National Championship Game: The Michigan Wolverines vs the Washington Huskies

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Michigan fans on the Natty. Washington had plenty of plays to tie and take the lead but couldn't execute. Sucks couldn't get the Pac 1 more football title but looking forward to B10 football.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was an interesting graphic that came across my social media feed:

View attachment 350659

I like the stat, and it is meaningful, but stats are also comprised mostly of the conglomerate of teams that play the most against one another.

PAC12 is a pass happy conference. Everybody knows that. Big 10 is a run heavy conference. Everybody knows that.

That is why Penn State got completely gouged by Ole Miss because nobody in the B10 has an inkling of a top end passing offense.

Everybody in the country simply laughs at the B10 defensive rankings because the vast majority of offenses are so phucking bad they couldn't score 30 points against a single SEC team with Penn State, Iowa, and Ohio State. (The next best 3 teams in the conference).

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEXAS was yet another awful pass defense that played exactly to PENIX strengths.
It was a bit of fools gold to crown his skills versus that Texas pass defense.

We should have seen the "semi-fraudulent" play of Michael Penix coming from a mile away....
when he finally played a pass defense not ranked 80th or worse.

TEXAS had a dominating rush defense thank to run stopping defensive tackle giant fat dudes.
But, Run stoppers rarely translate into a good pass rush...and the defensive ends were average making the rush even less effective.

It led to a really awful TEXAS pass defense that teams like Houston, TCU, K-State, and other racked up lots of passing yards.
I thought pass happy UW was a far worse matchup for Texas than run happy Michigan. I was bummed to get the #3 instead of #4.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3