• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: National Championship Game: The Michigan Wolverines vs the Washington Huskies

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy game . Not impressed with the Michigan QB . Penix panicked, The moment got to big for him. His accuracy was his huge selling point and his throws were way off. The defense on both sides ( after that first quarter by Washington) played hard and well. Washington just left too many points on the board. Drops and over/under throws at the worst times. The better team won.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan had a great ground game while UW was never able to stop thevrun. It was low hanging fruit for a blowout. I'm frankly surprised it was as close as it forbso long.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan had a great ground game while UW was never able to stop thevrun. It was low hanging fruit for a blowout. I'm frankly surprised it was as close as it forbso long.
It was close because the washington defense clamped down on the run for pretty much the rest of the game except after mistakes by Penix deflated the washington defense. Michigan doesnt have the QB to light up the Washington defense . Michigan is built for slugfests.Michigans the better team overall but there was a chance Washington could have made it interesting if they had connected on some of those throws Penix missed. Michigan was well into the third quarter before they converted their second 3rd down. Thats not a great ground game. They had those three runs at the beginning then nothing for most of the rest of the game.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan getting paid to keep it interesting??

Bizarre decision to stop running. Even more bizarre to go for it on 4th down and pass it to give Washington their first pulse of the game. Which leads of course to a TD.
I was thinking that too. TV big wigs couldn't have been too happy in the 1st quarter. mich. first drive basically told the story of the game.. millions of TVs turned off after the 1st quarter. then miraculusly, mi all of the sudden seemed to call off the dogs, and let the puppies back into the game........ just a little, then BAM 4th quarter, and they go into attack mode again......

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia really picked one awful day in the last 3 years to play mediocre

We deserved the MiCHIGAN-GEORGIA game in hindsight

Even in hindsight, how do keep Michigan, Texas, Washington, and Bama out? I live in Georgia country, so I grow tired of the pretzel logic they use to claim they were cheated of a 3rd straight national title.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he could have played better. But the Johnson and Loveland drops were pretty big. The short pass on 4th to Wilson was a great defensive play by the backer.

I do think he should go back for his true senior year. He's young and could use another year of experience before going to the NFl
M receivers had like 4 or 5 huge drops too, johnson had 2 that each were easily 20 yards or more due to green grass in front of him

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M receivers had like 4 or 5 huge drops too, johnson had 2 that each were easily 20 yards or more due to green grass in front of him

yeah I was talking about UM.

UW had a bunch of drops as well.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in hindsight, how do keep Michigan, Texas, Washington, and Bama out? I live in Georgia country, so I grow tired of the pretzel logic they use to claim they were cheated of a 3rd straight national title.
I wanted to see Georgia. I don't think they got cheated, they lost but they lost to Alabama not some 500 team. Only 1 team was going to win that game and unfortunately, it was Bama. Georgia was 1 of the 2 best teams all year IMO and has an exceptional coach. I think the final 4 was right but I wanted Georgia

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to see Georgia. I don't think they got cheated, they lost but they lost to Alabama not some 500 team. Only 1 team was going to win that game and unfortunately, it was Bama. Georgia was 1 of the 2 best teams all year IMO and has an exceptional coach. I think the final 4 was right but I wanted Georgia

Yeah, they were probably one of the top 4 teams this season, but the results on the field have to mean something. Otherwise, why play the games? For some reason many of the Georgia fans around me don't care about that. They basically want the committee to throw away the season records and just choose who they think the best 4 teams are....although they didn't voice their opinions that way in 2022 when Bama was left out for TCU.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they were probably one of the top 4 teams this season, but the results on the field have to mean something. Otherwise, why play the games? For some reason many of the Georgia fans around me don't care about that. They basically want the committee to throw away the season records and just choose who they think the best 4 teams are....although they didn't voice their opinions that way in 2022 when Bama was left out for TCU.
We had that years ago and when BYU won the title, outrage set in.
The games have to be important and I'm not saying Georgia deserved to be there, I'm just saying I would have liked to see Georgia. I think the way the system is right now is fine and a expanded playoff might be good also. Texas , Washington and Bama deserved to be there, teams like OSU,FSU, and UG had their opportunity and didn't cash in but they too were really good football teams.
It's just my personal opinion that Georgia would have given UM a better game of excitement ( I still would have picked Michigan but probably guessed a 21-17 game )

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had that years ago and when BYU won the title, outrage set in.
The games have to be important and I'm not saying Georgia deserved to be there, I'm just saying I would have liked to see Georgia. I think the way the system is right now is fine and a expanded playoff might be good also. Texas , Washington and Bama deserved to be there, teams like OSU,FSU, and UG had their opportunity and didn't cash in but they too were really good football teams.
It's just my personal opinion that Georgia would have given UM a better game of excitement ( I still would have picked Michigan but probably guessed a 21-17 game )
Oh, I understand and agree with you. It's just tiring to hear the logic than many Georgia fans give for why this year's playoff was illegitimate because they should have been included and were not.

I liked the results without Georgia though. :D

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I understand and agree with you. It's just tiring to hear the logic than many Georgia fans give for why this year's playoff was illegitimate because they should have been included and were not.

I liked the results without Georgia though. :D
I'll bet you do.
Funny how drastic the rankings always change or did change with 2 games remaining in the season. It's those dang nabit Conf championships

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how drastic the rankings always change or did change with 2 games remaining in the season. It's those dang nabit Conf championships
Big wins and big losses usually swing things quite big towards the end of the season. WAY better to get a loss out of the way in September and October than in November or December.