• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Throw the season away

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay sounds like a bad fan but I don’t see this team making the playoffs with our roster. Alex Smith’s injury really hurt us. Next years QBs are supposed to be amazing. I rather have us get a WR, LB, or CB this year in the 1st round and we start McCoy or a FA as our QB for 2019 then taking a QB in this draft.

Even if Smith does play again we have to figure at what level can he play. Our QB for the future isn’t in this draft but next.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never believed in tanking, but if there is ever a case to do it, it is us this coming year. Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war. I agree, use what ever means we have (mostly draft picks) to shore up the rest of the team as much as you can to support our next young QB, which will most likely be from the 2021 draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking is a fan thing . Our staff isn’t doing that without even taking an OTA. Snap.

If KC was our qb we make the playoffs injuries or not

I think there are 4. Qbs in this draft that can be good starters for us .

We shouldn’t reach for anything but simply follow our board and pick the best value.

What happens with smith will be key

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking??...TANKING!?? Why? "we're close."__Bruce Allen.:pound:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking is a fan thing . Our staff isn’t doing that without even taking an OTA. Snap.

If KC was our qb we make the playoffs injuries or not

I think there are 4. Qbs in this draft that can be good starters for us .

We shouldn’t reach for anything but simply follow our board and pick the best value.

What happens with smith will be key

Players and coaches rarely if ever tank. It is not in their nature & hurts them in many cases (especially for a coach). It is more of a philosophy for the FO & even there it applies more to the NBA than NFL (where one player can make a huge difference & teams do sit players down for several games).

The key on this one is in your last sentence. The Redskins have to perform a reality check & they are quite possibly doing this at the current time. Evaluate Smith & ask yourself with is the ceiling for this guy vs the floor. At best he will be an aging, mediocre QB coming off an injury that is getting paid a ton of $$. At worst he will still be paid a lot & never play. I think most are in agreement that they should take the cap hit as soon as possible & just move on (forget lamenting about the past & the trade - that is past history).

This would at least show that they have learned from their mistakes & are being smart. Will they go in this direction? Probably not - we will see.