• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This QB looks awesome....

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford has had an injury riddled career, and he has a huge cap hit. Even if he restructures his contract, the rams cannot depend on him to stay healthy. they want to move on from him, or keep him at a reduced cap to serve as a backup. That's why Jeff Fisher is interested in Foles. He's tired of not being able to compete in the NFL's toughest division without a good QB. Believe me, giving up a #10 pick to get Foles is no big deal to Fisher. Foles, with a real good team around him, can be very good. It's just that Chip wants Mariota for his system, that makes Foles available in the right deal. Think about it.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you people think St Louis is giving us #10 for Foles Straight up think again. For Kelly to even be thinking about this tells the Rams how bad Chip is willing to do a deal....So you can figure on Foles plus our 3rd rd pick this year MAYBE gets us to #10....Now figure #10 this year, plus our first next year plus Vinny Curry plus a 3rd rd next year MIGHT get us to where the Raiders pick at #4. So you can only imagine what #1 or #2 would cost us.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you say - we have a chance? :)

Just think - only 3 more months to go! :lol:

Please start the mock drafts going! I'm an old man, and getting bored!!

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say there is maybe a 1 % chance that this works out. Its entirely too complicated and lets face it when was the last time a 3 way trade happened in the NFL. Not only that it cant happen till the Draft and by that point the Rams will have made their decision on Bradford (he is due 13 million).

Plus this is only going to happen if Tampa descides they dont want Mariota which is not going to happen. We can debate all we want if Mariota is better than Winston on the field and some on the field may have Winston slightly higher, however the guys off the field issues are too great to take a chance on him with the number one pick. Its that simple, especially in this day of Rodger suspending player or sneazing in the wrong direction. Tampa is not stupid they are not going to take a chance on Winston who may or may not be better than Mariota anyway.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip is playing this right. Start leaking info and try to get some bidders creative.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay is the team that should be interested in Foles......Now if Tampa liked Foles a whole lot, then maybe Foles and Shady plus our #20 pick and next years #1 gets it done.....But I doubt it.

No matter how you look at it, we will be giving up a ton for a guy that we don't even know can play in the NFL. I like many of you all thought RG3 was awesome in college. Mariota is pretty much RG3 all over again.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Tampa would be interested in Foles. They have Mike Glennon who is somewhat similar but not as good. They seem to want a different type of player.

I think the odds of something going down are far higher than some of you think. Chip basically gets erections talking about Mariota.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Tampa would be interested in Foles. They have Mike Glennon who is somewhat similar but not as good. They seem to want a different type of player.

Agree. Plus, they want a pocket passer, and Winston fits the bill better for them than Mariota.

Mariota is not RG3. He's the perfect fit for Chip's offense. Perfect.
Besides, the Skins ruined RG3. He could have been tutored to read defenses instead of having him run all over the place, free lancing.

Go get'im Chip!

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 was an elite QB prospect. Now that it's been a few years, everyone seems to forget what an elite prospects he was. I loved RG3 as a prospect, I'm not afraid to admit it. I think he had all the physical tools with the accuracy and football IQ to excel. Not only that but he seemed like such a great guy with an infectious work ethic. That side of RG3 I have not seen in Washington. He actually seems like a Donovan McNabb type Diva -- which is really weird because I never sensed that when he was at Baylor. Injuries and his diva type attitude is really hindering his growth, and not to mention being the face of arguably the most dysfunctional football team in the NFL.

Mariota is obviously a perfect fit in our scheme. It will be interested to see if he starts falling in the draft because he's not an ideal fit in every offense. Wont drop too far, especially with Chip hot on his tail. I think if Mariota is out of reach for us, then Hundley will be Chip's guy. He's obviously not Mariota, but I like Hundley and his upside. I wouldn't be mad at that pick.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a waste to trade as much as we need to trade for Mariotta when Hundley gives you such a similar "pro" prospect. You have to look at the big picture with these two; while Hundley played in a shotgun offense, it was still a conservative, running Offense with pro type throws in the playbook. Mariotta on the other hand was in an offense with tons of gadget plays and bubble type throws. Stats wise Mariotta looks like the superior QB, but if you put Hundley in that Oregon scheme ... his stats would probably be pretty similar to Mariotta's. When you look at how they compare tools wise they are very similar. Both have good size/height, Mariotta probably runs in the 4.4's while Hundley probably runs in the 4.5's ... Hundley has a slightly better arm and Hundley may even have better Pro-type accuracy as Mariotta had a lot of easy throws in that Oregon playbook. Mariotta obviously has the familiarity with Chip, but it's not like they run the same playbook with Philly that he had at Oregon.

In a hypothetical world where we had our pick of the two I would take Mariotta ... but when you factor in what we would have to give up for Mariotta as opposed to simply getting Hundley at 20? I would just stay put and take Hundley "if" Chip decides that Foles isn't in his future plans.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a waste to trade as much as we need to trade for Mariotta when Hundley gives you such a similar "pro" prospect. You have to look at the big picture with these two; while Hundley played in a shotgun offense, it was still a conservative, running Offense with pro type throws in the playbook. Mariotta on the other hand was in an offense with tons of gadget plays and bubble type throws. Stats wise Mariotta looks like the superior QB, but if you put Hundley in that Oregon scheme ... his stats would probably be pretty similar to Mariotta's. When you look at how they compare tools wise they are very similar. Both have good size/height, Mariotta probably runs in the 4.4's while Hundley probably runs in the 4.5's ... Hundley has a slightly better arm and Hundley may even have better Pro-type accuracy as Mariotta had a lot of easy throws in that Oregon playbook. Mariotta obviously has the familiarity with Chip, but it's not like they run the same playbook with Philly that he had at Oregon.

In a hypothetical world where we had our pick of the two I would take Mariotta ... but when you factor in what we would have to give up for Mariotta as opposed to simply getting Hundley at 20? I would just stay put and take Hundley "if" Chip decides that Foles isn't in his future plans.

I'm sure if Chip likes Hundley he will take him at 20.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 was an elite QB prospect. Now that it's been a few years, everyone seems to forget what an elite prospects he was. I loved RG3 as a prospect, I'm not afraid to admit it. I think he had all the physical tools with the accuracy and football IQ to excel. Not only that but he seemed like such a great guy with an infectious work ethic. That side of RG3 I have not seen in Washington. He actually seems like a Donovan McNabb type Diva -- which is really weird because I never sensed that when he was at Baylor. Injuries and his diva type attitude is really hindering his growth, and not to mention being the face of arguably the most dysfunctional football team in the NFL.

Mariota is obviously a perfect fit in our scheme. It will be interested to see if he starts falling in the draft because he's not an ideal fit in every offense. Wont drop too far, especially with Chip hot on his tail. I think if Mariota is out of reach for us, then Hundley will be Chip's guy. He's obviously not Mariota, but I like Hundley and his upside. I wouldn't be mad at that pick.

Yes he was. Sad how Danny ruined him.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I watch UCLA film to study Hundley….Man his o-line blows, dude has constant pressure in his face. Though, there are times where he gets good protection and just holds on to the ball too long -- he didn't really have any big time playmakers to get the ball to so that could be an issue with players not getting open. Mariota, while the superior prospect, had much more opportunity to succeed at Oregon than Hundley at UCLA. I like this Hundley kid a little bit -- he also seems like a bright and mature young man with good work ethic. I did say that about RG3 though :scratch:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I scouted that USC game pretty hard. Hundley absolutely has a live arm, but we already knew that, he throws a much better screen pass than Mcnabb ever did. He doesn't look to run as quickly as Mariota does when his first or 2nd read isn't available. I think that clock inside his head works well, and he does a decent job stepping up in the pocket under a rush. We would clearly have some growing pains with him as he takes a lot of chances with that strong arm, and does not do a real good job reading the defense pre snap. He will learn, but it will take some time and he will take a few lumps, no doubt. Hundley reminds me a lot of a young Steve Mcnair, the way he sets up in the pocket real high, the way he can spin it, his throwing motion and his accuracy. Very similar.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 had success go to his head and became a me first player ... you can get away with being a diva at the WR position, but not at QB. Then he started throwing his team mates under the bus ... a HUGE no-no. When you're the leader of the Offense you have to take the bumps even when it's not your fault and you have to be all about your team. If RG3 had Nick Foles' attitude he'd be one of the pillars of the NFL.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I scouted that USC game pretty hard. Hundley absolutely has a live arm, but we already knew that, he throws a much better screen pass than Mcnabb ever did. He doesn't look to run as quickly as Mariota does when his first or 2nd read isn't available. I think that clock inside his head works well, and he does a decent job stepping up in the pocket under a rush. We would clearly have some growing pains with him as he takes a lot of chances with that strong arm, and does not do a real good job reading the defense pre snap. He will learn, but it will take some time and he will take a few lumps, no doubt. Hundley reminds me a lot of a young Steve Mcnair, the way he sets up in the pocket real high, the way he can spin it, his throwing motion and his accuracy. Very similar.

I think Steve McNair is a very good comparison to Hundley (Hundley is slightly more athletic imo) ... he will certainly take at least a year of grooming. That's why you keep Foles for the 2015 season if you take Hundley. Chip would put himself in a good position where if Foles rips it up you sign him long term and can simply trade Hundley for a high pick "or" if Foles looks like a journeyman, you have Hundley ready to go in 2016 with a year of seasoning under his belt.

If you trade up for Mariotta (assuming it's an option) ... you're getting rid of Foles and then getting rid of valuable picks which we can use to strengthen the D if we just take Hundley at 20 instead.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point of clarification. We don't run the Oregon offense here. The passing game is actually more Pat Shurmur's O than Oregon's O. Mariota is not playing in the same offense when he comes here.