• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This QB looks awesome....

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just don't trade away a QB that is entering his third year in a system and has shown he has the tools to be successful. If chip wants a plan b that is fine. I am not ready to give up on Foles.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just don't trade away a QB that is entering his third year in a system and has shown he has the tools to be successful. If chip wants a plan b that is fine. I am not ready to give up on Foles.

Agreed - like I said before he has shown too much in a small sample to give him on him now. This team wins with Foles in the lineup - I would only feel comfortable for them to go after Mariota if he falls out of the top 10 and we are in a position where we only trade up 5-6 spots to secure him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Chip would settle for Winston if he can't get Mariota.

Settle?! If we can get Winston, sorry Foles.

Actually Foles is a good level-headed guy to have compete with him and show him how to handle himself like a pro.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think Chip would want Winston, IMO.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think Chip would want Winston, IMO.

You are probably right. Chip's such a genius he only picks his players from half of the available population.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston has flop written all over him. Ive said many times I think the Bucs will pick him at #1. Now people seem to be catching up. The Bucs are dumb enough to do it and probably will.

Mariota isnt a sure thing overall but in Chips system w/Chip, he should be damn good.

Dont know how it will play out but Im still confident we get Mariota. Wasnt too long ago everyone here said I was dreaming. I still dont think so.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right. Chip's such a genius he only picks his players from half of the available population.

Dude u didnt even want Fletcher Cox & now he is arguably our best player. So wtf does that make u?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Fletcher Cox. I wanted him to live up to his talents and he has. Very impressive player!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me that so many here think that changing the QB is cure all to all the Eagles problems. Which is why fans do not run teams. Those fans happen to have the resources to become a decision make create the Redskins.

Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Luck (insert any name you want...past or present). You put any of them on this team and the result will still be the same. The Eagles watch the Superbowl from home.

Nick Foles is not the best QB in the NFL. He is not in the top 5..I don't even think he is top 10 but he is I don't think he is too far off. Drafting QB does not help this team unless the QB was the best player available when our pick comes up.

The Eagles were IMO an average secondary from playing for home field advantage.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are saying THAT Chip would give up the farm to get MARIOTA. I hope Chip takes the blinders off and realizes that he can win with Foles. Some say any QB can win with Chips offense. Then why was Foles 6-2 and you know who 4-4. I do not see Mariota as the guy! I don't think that he can thread a bullet pass between two defenders down the middle of the field. I think Mariota will need at least 2 seasons of learning before he catches on. That being said the Eagles need to focus on the defense in the draft or VIA trade. The Redskins traded up for RG and they are going nowhere. Last but not least it amazes me that people decide that Foles is less of a QB just because Mariota is in the draft. I hope that another team drafts and starts Mariota next season and that Foles is our starter. My gut tells me that Foles will have a better year in every Category except rushing.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Foles but If we're gonna do this with Chip, we gotta go all in.

...whats' the worst that could happen?

we don't win the super bowl? ....we go back to not winning enough games to make the playoffs?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Maxwell, McCourty, and Iupati in Free Agency.
Trade Foles for the #10 pick.
Trade the #10 pick + another pick(s) to the Raiders, and draft Mariota.
Use the remaining picks for the BPA's in the draft.
That's the plan, and I think this is how Chip gets it done.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way in the world Foles gets us the 10th pick in the draft. The Rams may indeed have interest, but probably interest in swapping 1st rounders ... not trading the 10th pick in the draft straight up. I'd rather stay put and snag Hundley at 20 if Chip's not sold on Foles long term than trading Foles plus picks for Mariotta. Give Foles one more shot at it with a healthy OL and if it doesn't work then Hundley takes over in 2016.

Maxwell imo is an absolute MUST for us ... even if we need to overpay. If we can get he, McCourty and Wisniewski (I don't know if Iupati fits Chips high speed snap offense) ... we'd be set.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders are not interested in a QB. They drafted Derek Carr and had him start all 16 game and no he did not light it up but he was a rookie. They are not giving up the #10 pick for Foles or any QB not named Andrew Luck.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey I agree, Foles needs to be the Starting QB next year. Rookie QBs dont win Super Bowls. Its just that simple.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG: The trades did not include the Raiders getting Foles - the Rams get Foles.
The Raiders trade the #4 pick to the Eagles for the #10 pick + other picks.
The Eagles draft Mariota with the #4 pick.

Rey: Good points, and I am fine with Wisniewski v.s. Iupati. We just need to get a starting Guard, and solidify the O-Line, plus Max and McCourty. If Chip doesn't get Mariota in a reasonable deal, then I think he goes with Foles again, and drafts Grayson or Bennett as the future QB. I could br wrong, but I don't know he likes Hundley. Will certainly be interesting for sure.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG: The trades did not include the Raiders getting Foles - the Rams get Foles.
The Raiders trade the #4 pick to the Eagles for the #10 pick + other picks.
The Eagles draft Mariota with the #4 pick.

Sorry I screwed that up.

That makes the trade even less likely though. The Rams have Sam Bradford and while injuries are a concern why would the trade for Foles if they have him? He is probably a better prospect that Foles and was having a good year before he got hurt.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders are not interested in a QB. They drafted Derek Carr and had him start all 16 game and no he did not light it up but he was a rookie. They are not giving up the #10 pick for Foles or any QB not named Andrew Luck.

I agree, there is no way they are in the market for a QB. Carr actually looked very good--for a rookie.

My feeling is that the Eagles are planting these stories about teams being interested in Foles. They did this with Djack. It's their way of putting it out there that a player is available for a certain asking price, and then trying to see if teams bite.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? How many games has Bradford missed and frankly he's underachied for years