• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This QB looks awesome....

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and I think Chip agrees with you

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 2013 Foles very much. It is the 2015 Foles that concerns me. My guess is the real Foles is somewhere in the middle and I am ok with that.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles is the best option at QB. No one in the draft is better. While one or two may have more upside they also have as much a chance to be a bust as well.

I think Foles had happy feet last year working behind a makeshift line but he is also one tough SOB and I like him as a QB. Is he the future? He has one more to show us that he is.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were brief flashes of that '13 Foles this year, the Week 3 game vs Washington really stood out for me - he was outstanding and showed everything that a franchise QB is supposed to exhibit in that game. I have to believe that Foles is more of that guy than the one we saw most of this past season. Personally I thought Musgrave did a shitty job with him, we need to find a real QB coach who will work on his mechanics that seemed to fail him and led to a lot of his issues this past season.

The only scenario I want to see the Eagles pursue Mariota is if he falls out of the top 10, and we end up in a position where they may only have to trade up 5-6 spots to get him if they want him bad enough.

FWIW, I found an article this morning saying we are trying to trade up for Mariota - take it with a grain of salt, but the rumours are heating up already.

Last edited by a moderator:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is a FA after this year as most know. What if he flops again?

Cant go through THIS off-season without adding REAL competition for his job.

Maritoa would be ideal. Hundley the consolation prize. Manuel is a guy you try to trade for if you cant get one of Mariota or Hundley in the draft.

Not only has Foles had issues on the field, he has gotten hurt EVERY year. Thats BIG. Dude cant run away from trouble & holds it too long. Those things arent gonna change imo. Dude lacks supreme confidence. Cant lack that in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chip really had faith in Foles don't you guys think the Birds would have offered him a new contract by now? Coming off a very mediocre year where he ended up missing half the season due to injury ... if the Eagles thought of Foles as their franchise QB is there a better time to sign him than now? One year left on the contract, rip it up and sign him to a team friendly deal while they have all the leverage?

To me Chip isn't completely sold on Foles and if that's the case I can't see him not setting up a plan B in case Foles ends up not being the answer. Does that mean that I see the Eagles giving up a bunch to move up for Mariotta? Not necessarily, but I do think that Hundley at 20 becomes a very real possibility. Especially if they can take care of the 2ndary in free agency. After seeing what else is available at the Senior Bowl at QB aside from Mariotta, Winston and Hundley ... it's a scary proposition for teams needing QB help. Hundley took a chance by not going to the Senior Bowl and it probably paid off ... the rest of the field looks like 3rd to 6th rounders. I can't imagine Chip goes into the season as an all or nothing with Foles. If Foles goes for 18 TD's - 14 Int's and 4 lost fumbles in 2015 ... then what?

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Locker can run this offense. Sign him early.

Chip could go Barkley for a year if he had to.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip can probably tread water with a guy like Locker, but coaches only get so much time to tread water. If Foles ends up not being "the" guy here I can't see Chip putting his job on the line with a guy like Locker who couldn't even beat out Charlie Whitehurst on the depth chart. As far as Barkley goes ... I really have no idea what Chip really thinks of him. The kid's been Mr Invisible ...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chip looks at Barkley as just the 3rd option. I think he either drafts Hundley (late 1st); Grayson (3rd);or Bennett (5th) - unless Mariota slips, and Chip gets him in a decent trade up. I think Barkley will run the route ala Colt McCoy.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the underwhelming performance of QBs in the Senior Bowl, in which only the Colorado State guy arguably looked like a decent pro prospect, I think Foles is likely safe unless they love Hundley.

I support sticking with Foles at least one more year, and using this draft to rebuild the secondary and add depth on the offensive line.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shor Parks on NJ.com is reporting that several teams are interested in trading for Nick Foles. St. Louis is one and is believed to be willing to give up the 10th pick. That plus the 20th pick in this draft and a 1st rounder in 2016 might be enough to persuade Tampa to trade out of number 1 and let the Eagles draft Mariota. Now I think this is a huge risk on many levels but its nots as much of a risk as others. The biggest risk is that Mariota is not ready to play in 2015 and you dont have anything else there, unless they resign Sanchez would could happen

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you only do a deal like that if you have an agreement in place to obtain one of the top 2 picks to get Winston or Mariota.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Chip would settle for Winston if he can't get Mariota.
Also, if we trade Foles for #10, the Rams would also want #20 as well.
We then would have to trade #10, and other picks to get up to #1.
All this, and then who would be the QB to start next season while grooming Mariota?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we get #10 straight up for Foles. If we do I'd take it in a heartbeat - even without a deal in place for Mariota. No I haven't completely soured on Foles, I actually 'like' him - I don't think he's a top tier QB but I think he's viable. If we can get some nice value for him I'd have no problem trading him and letting Chip get his guy like Mariota or Hundley.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of you underestimate how hard it is to find a decent QB in the NFL.