• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

this needs to be respected

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do not believe there has been one credible story with identifiable sources who said shanny didnt want Rg3

i have seen stories where someone tried to make BS stick but if you can give me an article showing anyone in the skins organization , who will put their name to it , saying that shanahan didnt want Rg3 at the time i am all ears

dont give me an anonymous source and authors "theory " or some revisionist theory . give me a name and a date , no hindsight 20-20 BS

now come up with it :suds:

Skinsdad, is it possible you are so resistant to the idea that Shanahan didnt want RG3 because it would go a long way towards pointing out that Dan Snyder has never really changed?? Some times there is such a thing as a logical conclusion. And its a very logical conclusion that Shanahan would not want and did not want an option style QB that he had to give up four draft picks to get in the first place. Its also a very logical conclusion that Dan Snyder would want a player such as RG3 who came in with the fan fare and spot light that Dan is accustomed to. We get that you want to believe Dan is capable of and has in fact changed. But even now with reports that Gruden has to constantly justify benching Griffin, that flies in the face of a new and enlightened Dan Snyder.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad, is it possible you are so resistant to the idea that Shanahan didnt want RG3 because it would go a long way towards pointing out that Dan Snyder has never really changed?? Some times there is such a thing as a logical conclusion. And its a very logical conclusion that Shanahan would not want and did not want an option style QB that he had to give up four draft picks to get in the first place. Its also a very logical conclusion that Dan Snyder would want a player such as RG3 who came in with the fan fare and spot light that Dan is accustomed to. We get that you want to believe Dan is capable of and has in fact changed. But even now with reports that Gruden has to constantly justify benching Griffin, that flies in the face of a new and enlightened Dan Snyder.

shark i can flip your talking points around to suit my point of view if i want too. perhaps you just hate snyder and are a doom and gloomer .( this isnt my point)

here is my point on any story that has been published about any issue

i will buy it when people put their names to it . i have not changed my philosophy since i have been posting period

i will only give full credence to it when i have the source putting his/her name to it

if you dont have the courage to put your name to it and face the consequence of it then i find it dubious at best and have said so over and over and over and over and over and over and over again because no one is forcing anyone to bring up a subject to the press. you can simply shut up

my experience is that most liars go into un named source mode because they will be exposed

now can a theory be right ? sure . can the preponderances of evidence prove something ? yes

right now about 50% of the unnamed source stories have been proven as BS

when more information comes out then my opinion could change but i am not afraid to be wrong

in 15 years of posting on skins boards my core values have not changed and wont

un named sources are dubious

a winning football franchise values's draft picks

you build the LOS first

you only sign free agents under 28 years old with few exceptions

you dont gut drafts to get franchise players . more often or not it fails

you give players a certain amount of years to pan out depending on draft position

there are certain expectations for draft picks depending on what round they are drafted

gm's and coaches should get 3-5 years to make it work

stability in the FO and in coaching is a must

those are a few CORE values i have and they wont change nor have they

again i can be wrong on snyder so easily it will make your head spin . i dont deny it but if you throw out the accusation get get me real evidence

just saying :suds:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... I tend to think more like a cop when it comes to prior actions and what one is capable of.

Nothing in Shanahans previous actions ever even hinted at him wanting a guy like Griffin.

Everything in Snyders past when it comes to players brought in screams this was a move initiated by him.

So I find it much easier to accept the idea that Mike was convinced by Dan and Bruce to make a move that deep down he knew was a bad one.

The other option is that Mike went totally out of character and Dan was just along for the ride.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually been wondering today if it was in fact Snyder and Allen, not Shanahan, who started up and really pushed for the trade up. Shanny was new then and still had a lot of power so I'll never be convinced that he was totally against the move. But it does have Snyder's fingerprints all over it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually been wondering today if it was in fact Snyder and Allen, not Shanahan, who started up and really pushed for the trade up. Shanny was new then and still had a lot of power so I'll never be convinced that he was totally against the move. But it does have Snyder's fingerprints all over it.

DGF.... was he totally against it? Probably not on some level. Did he have to be convinced to make the move?? Probably.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the question becomes...........if your GM since 2009 and the owner are against it, how did it get done. Having final say is a far cry from making the deal, approving it and supporting it. To pull a Dad here, show me an article or direct statement where either Dan or Bruce were against it.
Every indication shows that they supported this move! In fact now that it's time for the chickens to come home to roost......who pays? Tell you who won't..........Dan Snyder!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... I tend to think more like a cop when it comes to prior actions and what one is capable of.

Nothing in Shanahans previous actions ever even hinted at him wanting a guy like Griffin.

Everything in Snyders past when it comes to players brought in screams this was a move initiated by him.

So I find it much easier to accept the idea that Mike was convinced by Dan and Bruce to make a move that deep down he knew was a bad one.

The other option is that Mike went totally out of character and Dan was just along for the ride.

DGF.... was he totally against it? Probably not on some level. Did he have to be convinced to make the move?? Probably.

Then the question becomes...........if your GM since 2009 and the owner are against it, how did it get done. Having final say is a far cry from making the deal, approving it and supporting it. To pull a Dad here, show me an article or direct statement where either Dan or Bruce were against it.
Every indication shows that they supported this move! In fact now that it's time for the chickens to come home to roost......who pays? Tell you who won't..........Dan Snyder!!!

at the time , everyone , and i mean everyone in the football world with few exceptions thought RG3 would not be an epic fail to this point . so i totally believe that from the owner , to allen to shanahan were thrilled to get what they thought was a once in a lifetime player

and no amount of hindsight , rewriting history BS from anonymous sources is going to change that for me period

and since i am not doing the accusing on this issue i dont need to provide ANY article proving snyder and allen were against drafting RG3 because i believe ALL parties involved wanted him

now information can come out in the future , that is attached to a name , that could validate that shanny didnt want Rg3 and in which case make it more credible

i am a lawyer from MIzzou shark , show me the person saying it

or a better way from one of my favorite movies from clint eastwood "the outlaw joesy wales"

i dont want to hear wales is dead , i want to SEE wales dead

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the time , everyone , and i mean everyone in the football world with few exceptions thought RG3 would not be an epic fail to this point . so i totally believe that from the owner , to allen to shanahan were thrilled to get what they thought was a once in a lifetime player

and no amount of hindsight , rewriting history BS from anonymous sources is going to change that for me period

and since i am not doing the accusing on this issue i dont need to provide ANY article proving snyder and allen were against drafting RG3 because i believe ALL parties involved wanted him

now information can come out in the future , that is attached to a name , that could validate that shanny didnt want Rg3 and in which case make it more credible

i am a lawyer from MIzzou shark , show me the person saying it

or a better way from one of my favorite movies from clint eastwood "the outlaw joesy wales"

i dont want to hear wales is dead , i want to SEE wales dead

Skinsdad... if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck.

Or in this case, if it looks like a typical Snyder move, and the end result is an epic failure... it was probably a Snyder conceived and implemented plan. I dont have to see the bear to know it shit in the woods, I can find the pile and know it probably wast a fish.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck.

Or in this case, if it looks like a typical Snyder move, and the end result is an epic failure... it was probably a Snyder conceived and implemented plan. I dont have to see the bear to know it shit in the woods, I can find the pile and know it probably wast a fish.

well that is all fine and dandy shark but we arent talking about ducks , bears and fish .
but here i go

a goose walks like a duck looks like a duck but isnt a duck

a bear is known to shit in the woods because it leaves the evidence behind

until i see credible evidence (by a human :lol:) i will still be skeptical of any accusations

at least half the crap printed about this team is BS . a reporter looking to make a name for himself

in the end i can be 100% wrong and i understand my philosophy makes me prone to it