• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This hit cost him 21K? LOL at the Goodell and the NFL

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why is the Charger's players head the first thing to move upon initial impact? Watch at 36 seconds into the clip.

He ran back into the middle of the field and it was pretty much a perfect tackle, ball separating tackle. His head was in front of his body and it was truly a great tackle.

If it isn't then fuck the sport.

As I said, all good things come to an end. Tackle football is on the clock and it is mainly due to shyster lawyas.

Either way the game is all but dead. Anyone trying to nitpick that tackle is pretty crazy. No football player can make a split second decision like that. The helmets will collide, especially when that "defenseless" WR turns back into the pursuit. If he does not realize that he will be lit up, then what ever.

PLUS.....

It was not even a penalty, but he got fined 21K?

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by there not being a better tackle to be made there. I'm not sure how finely you can nitpick the play, but if that's a fine I really am not sure what they want the defender to do there.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ran back into the middle of the field and it was pretty much a perfect, ball separating tackle. His head was in front of his body and it was truly a great tackle.

As I said, all good things come to an end. Tackle football is on the clock and it is mainly due to shyster lawyas.

Either way the game is all but dead. Anyone trying to nitpick that tackle is pretty crazy. No football player can make a split second decision like that. The helmets will collide, especially when that "defenseless" WR turns back into the pursuit. If he does not realize that he will be lit up, then what ever.

And as I said, watch it again at 36 seconds and tell me the first thing that moves on the Charger's players body. If you say anything besides his head, you are lieing to yourself and only seeing it the way you want to see it. I watched it about 15 times just to make sure what I was seeing. If you want to see what a great hit looks like (not helmet to helmet) then watch a prime example:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPxzQBIafo]Atwater Smacks Okoye - YouTube[/ame]

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ran back into the middle of the field and it was pretty much a perfect, ball separating tackle. His head was in front of his body and it was truly a great tackle.

Agree that it was great hit, but it wasn't a "form tackle". Guys frequently make big hits that take the ball away in situations that a form tackle probably wouldn't create a turn over. At the same time, going for a big hit sometimes causes guys to fail to make the tackle (DJ Williams, anyone?).

As far as the league going to hell in a hand basket, my guess is that you will still enjoy NFL football in twenty years. In order for the league to last that long, however, it needs to adapt to the current environment of what you call an "overly litigious" society.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by there not being a better tackle to be made there. I'm not sure how finely you can nitpick the play, but if that's a fine I really am not sure what they want the defender to do there.

Agreed. Still, it was not a "form tackle".

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not arguing whether it should be a fine or not, I am arguing that it was a form tackle and whether or not he lead with his helmet. As I said, the first thing I noticed when watching from the different angle was the charger's players head moving first, indicating helmet to helmet. Before I saw that angle, I was inclined to agree that it was a nice, clean hit.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Atwater hit on Okoye never gets old, does it?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing whether it should be a fine or not, I am arguing that it was a form tackle and whether or not he lead with his helmet. As I said, the first thing I noticed when watching from the different angle was the charger's players head moving first, indicating helmet to helmet. Before I saw that angle, I was inclined to agree that it was a nice, clean hit.

Head up, shoulder in the chest, arms around the body. If you were doing tackling drills at that angle that is exactly what you do every single time.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Atwater hit on Okoye never gets old, does it?

Never ever, especially when their is a Chief's fan sitting behind you and you tell him to come over and watch. Pure gold it is.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I said, watch it again at 36 seconds and tell me the first thing that moves on the Charger's players body. If you say anything besides his head, you are lieing to yourself and only seeing it the way you want to see it. I watched it about 15 times just to make sure what I was seeing. If you want to see what a great hit looks like (not helmet to helmet) then watch a prime example:

Atwater Smacks Okoye - YouTube

The point is the term "leading with the head" is stupid. Of course players will be leading with their heads. How in physics name can they not?

Is there any example of players leading with their nipples with their head behind their collar bones?

Talk about a great way to die. If the tackler is pursuing the play, the head will be leading. How does one lower their shoulders with out their head being lowered?

It is was not a launch and his head came across his body. Period. You cannot make a tackle unless comes across the body. Not behind the body. That is the exact wrong tackle and Bostic made a perfect ball separating tackle.

The game sucks, and people that have never played the game are deciding what it is, in order to have an excuse to fine the players, AND creating a perception of being proactive. All in the name and under the guise of safety. Easy sell apparently.

There is more than one reason that it was not a penalty, and there is more than one reason why EVERY PLAYER thinks the fine is ridiculous.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head up, shoulder in the chest, arms around the body. If you were doing tackling drills at that angle that is exactly what you do every single time.

LOL Pretty sure it's frowned on by coaches and teammates to try and knock one another out in practice!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, tell me what he would have done differently to be a form tackle from where they were.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, tell me what he would have done differently to be a form tackle from where they were.

I tried to do that about ten posts back, namely, wrap up!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His arms were as far around the guy as he could get when he hit the ground.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is the term "leading with the head" is stupid. Of course players will be leading with their heads. How in physics name can they not?

Really BB? The term leading with the head is when the head makes initial contact on a tackle and the head takes the brunt of the impact. It is not a hard concept to understand. Do you understand why this is not a good idea?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really BB? The term leading with the head is when the head makes initial contact on a tackle and the head takes the brunt of the impact. It is not a hard concept to understand. Do you understand why this is not a good idea?

Yeah it is a hard concept cause it is often literally impossible for the helmets to NOT COLLIDE on certain plays. Show me where one is pursuing a tackle and their heads are not leading.

They cannot make a decision as if they are in some Matrix movie.

Can you show me an example where one is pursuing a tackle and their head is not leading?

Are you saying ANY TIME heads collide that it should be a penalty? I swear I think that is what you are saying here.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it is a hard concept cause it is often literally impossible for the helmets to NOT COLLIDE on certain plays. Show me where one is pursuing a tackle and their heads are not leading.

They cannot make a decision as if they are in some Matrix movie.

Can you show me an example where one is pursuing a tackle and their head is not leading?

Are you saying ANY TIME heads collide that it should be a penalty? I swear I think that is what you are saying here.

No, I am not going to bother. Feel free to go back to your little tirades of doom and gloom.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I am not going to bother. Feel free to go back to your little tirades of doom and gloom.

You are not going bother doing what? Showing me (perhaps in a sketch) how a player breaks down in a form tackle with out their head leading, or are you saying that helmets should never ever collide, and every time they do a flag and 5 figure fine is warranted?

Cause in this particular case, there was no flag.

There OF COURSE was a 5 figure fine.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not going bother doing what? Showing me (perhaps in a sketch) how a player breaks down in a form tackle with out their head leading, or are you saying that helmets should never ever collide, and every time they do a flag and 5 figure fine is warranted?

Cause in this particular case, there was no flag.

There OF COURSE was a 5 figure fine.

No, I will not argue it because even if I do show you an example, you will not get it or try to twist it, so as I said, it is not worth my time or effort.