• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thinking outside the box

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it better to go with a youth movement at WR?

I don't know about you guys but I would rather keep Corey Fuller, Kris Durham or Patrick Edwards over Nate Burleson.

I love the years Burly gave us but he looks finished. Virtually zero separation.

Trying to put someone like Corey Fuller, Edwards or Durham on the practice squad and we might get scooped, even furthering our lack of depth and talent at WR.

I want to know you guys feelings about it. Let's hear it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Durham gain 3 yards on a reverse? (I didn't watch yesterday's game at all)

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to see his worth when we only look at numbers. It's hard for me to get passed that dude and look at the player.

What I do know is that he is coming back from an injury and some of the timing and shit will come back with reps. Has he lost a step? Maybe he has but I don't know that preseason will show us that. I think he is a great locker room guy and that is hard to lose. KVB probably stayed a year to long for that same reason. The difference there was he was at least able to hand the reigns over to Suh, who has done just that. The question is; if he goes, will Calvin be a vocal leader when he hasn't shown us much of that before now? A youth movement is fine but you still have to have leaders helping the "move".

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I saw Burl get at least 4 yards 3 years ago.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it better to go with a youth movement at WR?

I don't know about you guys but I would rather keep Corey Fuller, Kris Durham or Patrick Edwards over Nate Burleson.

I love the years Burly gave us but he looks finished. Virtually zero separation.

Trying to put someone like Corey Fuller, Edwards or Durham on the practice squad and we might get scooped, even furthering our lack of depth and talent at WR.

I want to know you guys feelings about it. Let's hear it.

Honestly, Fuller and Edwards have stunk it up in the games. Terrence Austin has been the bright spot at WR. Great in the first game and pretty good the second. He was easy to spot. He was the only one without a CB on his hip when the ball got to him.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to see his worth when we only look at numbers. It's hard for me to get passed that dude and look at the player.

What I do know is that he is coming back from an injury and some of the timing and shit will come back with reps. Has he lost a step? Maybe he has but I don't know that preseason will show us that. I think he is a great locker room guy and that is hard to lose. KVB probably stayed a year to long for that same reason. The difference there was he was at least able to hand the reigns over to Suh, who has done just that. The question is; if he goes, will Calvin be a vocal leader when he hasn't shown us much of that before now? A youth movement is fine but you still have to have leaders helping the "move".

That is kind of the point I was making, Mayhew waited a year to long on KVB and I feel Burly is at the same point in his career. Also, KVB was a great locker room guy but when you can't back up your play anymore, players aren't going to listen to you anyways.

To answer your question (which is a good one), I am not sure if he will ever be that type of leader. CJ is more like Barry Sanders, hall of fame talent but just a quiet, hard worker.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Fuller and Edwards have stunk it up in the games. Terrence Austin has been the bright spot at WR. Great in the first game and pretty good the second. He was easy to spot. He was the only one without a CB on his hip when the ball got to him.

Have you heard any news on giving Austin a move up with the 1's? It would be nice to see, Fuller or Durham to see if they have any chemistry to Stafford. Seems like Durham should be better than he was last year at least.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durham has looked a little better than last year and does not need as much separation as the other because of his size. I have not heard anything yet about moving WRs around. It would be nice to see these 2 get a shot though.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha smitty i love it. Burleson has that three yard reverse down to a t. I think it has to do more with the coach having him run the reverse for some reason than burleson running it though. Anyhow burleson is ok, nothing special but if the lions are still forking out way too much for him might as well keep him, hes better than the other options.