• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

They should not have drafted Haskins

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOw i know you think its because I dont like him as a player.

But here is the real reason. They knew Gruden was on a short leash, and would be fired if he couldnt win this year. So knowing that, they should not have drafted a rookie QB. Because now whom ever they bring in as a coach, is basically in the same spot Jay was in..

Make the QB we drafted into the franchise QB we hoped he could be. Not good for the new coach, or Haskins.

Cameo.. fade to black

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s let it play out

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career has not started off that well. He has basically thrown 4 picks in 1 full game played.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But here is the real reason. They knew Gruden was on a short leash, and would be fired if he couldnt win this year. So knowing that, they should not have drafted a rookie QB. Because now whom ever they bring in as a coach, is basically in the same spot Jay was in..

Make the QB we drafted into the franchise QB we hoped he could be. Not good for the new coach, or Haskins.

Cameo.. fade to black

In other words. Business as usual for the Skins. Snyder and Allen could fuck up a wet dream.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cameo.. fade to black

I have thought this all year. If you aren't keeping Jay, why draft a QB #1? We know why, Dan was enamored with him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cameo.. fade to black

Now that's an interesting perspective, so let me ask if it's true, no matter who the head coach has been, is, or will be, Dan and Bruce will bring in the quarterback that they want? Just thinking about your post, the fallback is going to be Alex Smith for the new coach. They certainly won't allow the new guy to pick the QB that he wants, right?

To quote @Breed, "In other words, business as usual."

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have thought this all year. If you aren't keeping Jay, why draft a QB #1? We know why, Dan was enamored with him.

Let me give you three reasons why they drafted a QB:

1. Alex Smith, broken leg, future in serious doubt.

2. Colt McCoy, broken leg, NFL future ended in the 3rd round of the 2010 draft (85th pick overall)

3. Case Keenum, a fill-in for the departed Kirk Cousins because he was a player similar to Kirk who they didn't want

In effect, they had NOTHING and needed something. Now, we all wait to see if they have something better. Who they hire, will immediately let us know what kind of future the young man has. BTW; you don't stop collecting pieces even if you've predetermined that your current HC has got to go. I still want Bruce to get the fuck away from my team!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me give you three reasons why they drafted a QB:

1. Alex Smith, broken leg, future in serious doubt.

2. Colt McCoy, broken leg, NFL future ended in the 3rd round of the 2010 draft (85th pick overall)

3. Case Keenum, a fill-in for the departed Kirk Cousins because he was a player similar to Kirk who they didn't want

In effect, they had NOTHING and needed something. Now, we all wait to see if they have something better. Who they hire, will immediately let us know what kind of future the young man has. BTW; you don't stop collecting pieces even if you've predetermined that your current HC has got to go. I still want Bruce to get the fuck away from my team!

You are not wrong Sty. My thought was you draft an edge rusher and a QB in round 3 thru 5. If you caught lightening in a bottle then great, if not 2020 was supposed to be the better QB draft. You were right because of the broken legs they needed a QB. They didn't need to take a guy number 1. I wanted an edge rusher, well they got both but they drafted the guy Dan wanted.

As I said before I don't think they are going to draft someone else unless Dan falls in love again before the draft. I don't know that they need to draft another guy. I am still not selling Haskin's down the river. You can look at his short stint in two ways last night. The first being we need to keep working with this kid in practice or you can play him and see if he grows.

Now the rumor yesterday that Callahan has a good chance to be back next year might be good for Haskins. Who knows if they bring in another coach.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what I said a few weeks ago when someone was bitching about how Gruden was handling Haskins. What the fuck did they expect? Gruden was coaching for his job so he wasn't interested in developing a QB. And you are right, the new HC will be saddled with a guy he may not want. typical redskins FO. no self awareness of their situation what so ever.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are craz we can still draft a qb with our first pick this year aka did what the cards did ..

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are craz we can still draft a qb with our first pick this year aka did what the cards did ..
Or what Cleveland has done for the last 8-10 drafts. Its just not that easy, Coach.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not wrong Sty. My thought was you draft an edge rusher and a QB in round 3 thru 5. If you caught lightening in a bottle then great, if not 2020 was supposed to be the better QB draft. You were right because of the broken legs they needed a QB. They didn't need to take a guy number 1. I wanted an edge rusher, well they got both but they drafted the guy Dan wanted.

As I said before I don't think they are going to draft someone else unless Dan falls in love again before the draft. I don't know that they need to draft another guy. I am still not selling Haskin's down the river. You can look at his short stint in two ways last night. The first being we need to keep working with this kid in practice or you can play him and see if he grows.

Now the rumor yesterday that Callahan has a good chance to be back next year might be good for Haskins. Who knows if they bring in another coach.
If callahan is our next head coach next year redskins can fuck off

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what I said a few weeks ago when someone was bitching about how Gruden was handling Haskins. What the fuck did they expect? Gruden was coaching for his job so he wasn't interested in developing a QB. And you are right, the new HC will be saddled with a guy he may not want. typical redskins FO. no self awareness of their situation what so ever.

Yeah, I don't think this is the first time this has happened in WAS...iirc the Shannys were coaching for their careers and WAS took RG3...they had to play him being taken 2nd overall but coaches on the hot seat NEVER want to trust the game to a rookie QB unless forced.

So...as a potential HC, you know what you're facing from the outset...if you don't think you can be successful with Haskins...probably better off not taking the gig.

Sknzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still way too early to give up on Haskins. Yeah he has 4 picks, but he has yet to be named the starter and given a full of prep as one with the 1 ones. Maybe he wont be any good but being thrown in as a back up isn't the same thing.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody is saying we can’t. The point you are missing is this...if we knew we were going to have a new coach in 2020, then we shouldn’t have drafted Haskins. Perhaps we should have drafted Sweat in Haskins place and kept our 2nd rounders.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took drafting of haskins was about at that time we only had 1 qb colt was still fucked up alex is done not so much as Haskins was the future

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alternative theory here:

The reason Gruden didn't coach up/play Haskins was because he wanted out of the puzzle factory and not coaching up/playing Haskins was the quickest way to achieve that goal. Haskins being so raw also provided the perfect cover for Gruden as a valid reason why he wasn't playing Haskins.

And from what I saw far as Callahan's post-game presser saying that if Case is OK to play he's still the Skins starting QB. I think Callahan has decided to employ the same strategy.