• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Triple Double Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overweight Crossbar (Fat Lever) did it a few times, quickly. impressed. Malone's was about the same but tie goes to Lever. Lever's synonym is curtesy of dictionary.com. Rejected alternates: Huge Shaft, Heavy Boom, etc. Disgusting.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overweight Crossbar (Fat Lever) did it a few times, quickly. impressed. Malone's was about the same but tie goes to Lever. Lever's synonym is curtesy of dictionary.com. Rejected alternates: Huge Shaft, Heavy Boom, etc. Disgusting.

Those all sound like good bedroom nicknames. For doing activities in bed that don't include reading or sleeping or watching TV or eating.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have gotten them even faster had they shot better.

Ideally, they'd get all 10 points from the foul line, since I think that would be faster than making FGs. They'd go 10-10 from the foul line.

Plus, I think it saves 1-2 seconds each time, if they're fouled, as opposed to being able to get a shot off, having it travel in mid-air, then the time that elapses for it to go in the hoop.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those all sound like good bedroom nicknames. For doing activities in bed that don't include reading or sleeping or watching TV or eating.

But bonus points if you can add those activities to them or transition from at them. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have gotten them even faster had they shot better.

Ideally, they'd get all 10 points from the foul line, since I think that would be faster than making FGs. They'd go 10-10 from the foul line.

Plus, I think it saves 1-2 seconds each time, if they're fouled, as opposed to being able to get a shot off, having it travel in mid-air, then the time that elapses for it to go in the hoop.

So they noted the time when they got the last qualifying stat? I thought that was the whole game but they did it efficiently. Assists would be hardest because you can only do it on offense and only on field goals and only once per possession.Though 10 blocks or steals would be harder... Unless you are allowed to block your own team shots... Or even better, block your own shots and rebound them before laying it up for five field goals or three threes with a four point play. I don't know how you could steal from yourself or assist your own shot, though... Off the backboard dunks? But wouldn't those been missed shots and offensive rebounds?

OT: my iPad auto corrected "do it" to "droit" for no reason. There wasa proper space in between and droit is not a word... Or is it? It once changed her ass to harass, but I had a reason for typing her ass, just not one for tapping her ass...

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they noted the time when they got the last qualifying stat? I thought that was the whole game but they did it efficiently. Assists would be hardest because you can only do it on offense and only on field goals and only once per possession.Though 10 blocks or steals would be harder... Unless you are allowed to block your own team shots... Or even better, block your own shots and rebound them before laying it up for five field goals or three threes with a four point play. I don't know how you could steal from yourself or assist your own shot, though... Off the backboard dunks? But wouldn't those been missed shots and offensive rebounds?

OT: my iPad auto corrected "do it" to "droit" for no reason. There wasa proper space in between and droit is not a word... Or is it? It once changed her ass to harass, but I had a reason for typing her ass, just not one for tapping her ass...

No, they didn't note the time of the last qualifying stat.

It's just that these guys didn't shoot the ball that well, so I'm thinking that they could have gotten 10 points a lot faster had they shot well, or stopped the clock and gotten them from the foul line.

They could have still gotten the 10th point while shooting poorly before the 10th of the other two stats, but it seems like being able to shoot better would have helped them get the 10th point faster, and probably get the triple double faster.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they didn't note the time of the last qualifying stat.

It's just that these guys didn't shoot the ball that well, so I'm thinking that they could have gotten 10 points a lot faster had they shot well, or stopped the clock and gotten them from the foul line.

They could have still gotten the 10th point while shooting poorly before the 10th of the other two stats, but it seems like being able to shoot better would have helped them get the 10th point faster, and probably get the triple double faster.

Maybe they made their first five shots and missed the rest, after they got ten? ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they made their first five shots and missed the rest, after they got ten? ;)

1. Malone only made 4 FGs, not 5. :)

2. Being a robot, I checked the play-by-play. They did not make consecutive shots to start the game.

Malone missed 3 FGs in a row in the 3rd quarter, before getting his 10th point with 2:59.0 left.

He cost him self several minutes! :)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Malone only made 4 FGs, not 5. :)

2. Being a robot, I checked the play-by-play. They did not make consecutive shots to start the game.

Malone missed 3 FGs in a row in the 3rd quarter, before getting his 10th point with 2:59.0 left.

He cost him self several minutes! :)

I meant what if, not maybe they did, regardless of what I typed. As a robot, you should know what I meant. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I know what the record is for a triple double, the next time it's 22 minutes and someone is close, I'm going to get nervous with each potential assist/steal/rebound/blocked shot/point, especially if they mess up.

Dang it, you missed the rebound. There might not be another realistic opportunity for a rebound for another 2 minutes!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised 5 is the record.

I would have thought there would have been a day with more.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is averaging a triple double again this year!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard has two triple doubles in 26 days.

He had one other one in his career, in 2020.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a nickname for Giannis Antetokounmpo: “Ricky.”

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully that's the worst thing he'll ever do in his life.