• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The SS Mazara moves out to SEA - 4/11-4/13

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really surprised? Banny rooster pulled the same shit with the lineup for the last game in Anaheim. It's almost like he concedes road / day games to the opposition.

I might/do disagree with moves by managers all the time. Banister included.

But a manager "conceding" a loss, before first pitch, is WAY beyond me? Can't really imagine you sincerely feel this way.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sounds like this was a shit show, glad i missed most of it! I did however tune in just in time to see the 2 run walk off. FML. Looks like Desmond is still dogshit as well. Better baseball tomorrow we hope! Onward

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might/do disagree with moves by managers all the time. Banister included.

But a manager "conceding" a loss, before first pitch, is WAY beyond me? Can't really imagine you sincerely feel this way.

His lineups are garbage the last game of a road series. I can see giving the catcher who played the night before the game off, but it's way too early in the season for widespread offdays. These guys are about to go back home and play an extremely scary / hot team and it would have been more beneficial to keep it rolling and not mess up the continuity of things.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not watching, what happened?

He boots a ball in extra innings, and thus we lose 3-2 despite our pitching staff giving up 1 earned.

That's the short story.

As much as I like Roggie, he seems to have, almost that EA air about him of "I"m the man" and he hasn't earned those stripes just yet. And that air hasn't served Elvis so well for about 3 years now.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He boots a ball in extra innings, and thus we lose 3-2 despite our pitching staff giving up 1 earned.

That's the short story.

As much as I like Roggie, he seems to have, almost that EA air about him of "I"m the man" and he hasn't earned those stripes just yet. And that air hasn't served Elvis so well for about 3 years now.
Odor can make some spectacular plays but he still has a lot of work to do on the defensive side of things.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the short story.

I think you're reading too much into things. When he's smashing the ball everyone loves his cockiness and flair, but because he has a couple bad games you think he's thinking too much of himself. Recency bias much?

Last edited:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I missed something, had to leave after the 8th. I'll take 4 of 7 on the road after a 1 of 3 start at home. At least this thing is moving in the right direction now, even with some key injures. Plus, overall the BP, as expected, has been better and the starters have exceeded expectations up to this point.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His lineups are garbage the last game of a road series. I can see giving the catcher who played the night before the game off, but it's way too early in the season for widespread offdays. These guys are about to go back home and play an extremely scary / hot team and it would have been more beneficial to keep it rolling and not mess up the continuity of things.
It wasn't his line up today. DeShields and Odor played very bad and probably cost us the game. Exception would be Rua imo should have started bc he has been hot. Everyone else except Hanser and Maz were regulars and Maz and Hanser did nothing to cost the game.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor can make some spectacular plays but he still has a lot of work to do on the defensive side of things.

Like he doesn't on the offensive side? He's hitting .167, still constantly swinging at pitches way outta the strike zone, and doesn't seem to have plan one in his approach. Hitting coach be damned.

I know it's early and I'm probably overrating.

But he almost seems to have that "entitled" attitude about him and I've got exactly ZERO tolerance for that kind of bullshit.
I think you're reading too much into things. When he's smashing the ball everyone loves his cockiness and flair, but because he has a couple bad games you think he's thinking too much of himself. Recency bias much?

Maybe.....we'll see.

Like I said...."I'm probably overreacting." Actually, I said "overrating" earlier, but was trying to type "overreacting."

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't his line up today. DeShields and Odor played very bad and probably cost us the game. Exception would be Rua imo should have started bc he has been hot. Everyone else except Hanser and Maz were regulars and Maz and Hanser did nothing to cost the game.

Mazara is a regular now. For better or worse, he's in RF for the immediate future. No problem for me.

I sensed Beltre was a little peeved about Alberto calling him off a pop-fly. Don't remember what inning it was, but it was 4th I think. Then, about 2 innings later, Adrian caught one and Hanser was behind him when he did. After the catch, AB tossed the ball over his shoulder to HA without ever looking or acknowledging him and trotted off the field.

Don't mess with the man, ya know.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rua/Desmond thing was the main issue. Hanser needs to play once in a while but I just think I would have started him the night before against Miley at 2nd and give Odor a break with a LHer pitching. Not trying to make a big deal out of lefty/righty but if you are going to give someone a break/playing time why not then. And we seldom PH for anyone based on the pitching matchups.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rua/Desmond thing was the main issue. Hanser needs to play once in a while but I just think I would have started him the night before against Miley at 2nd and give Odor a break with a LHer pitching. Not trying to make a big deal out of lefty/righty but if you are going to give someone a break/playing time why not then. And we seldom PH for anyone based on the pitching matchups.
I can't dispute what you suggest yesterday but I am certain it was our starters Odor, DeShields and Desmond that cost todays game and that was the point to Nightcrawler. Until the 10th pitching allowed only one earned run and the offense did not help.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deshields was 3-5 today with a HR and also scored our other run, yes he had an error that helped lead to a run early but I dono't think he cost us the game, b/c it would've been a non-issue if it wasn't for Desmond's error

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday you all were ready to send DDJ packing to Round Rock.... SMH :D
Nobody was ready to. I simply posted a Jamey Newberg tweet that said, "Just thinking aloud and it doesn't really fit the Choo question: But could DeShields be facing an Odor-like option?" That started a conversation first about whether he could be optioned. Then the discussion turned to how bad he had been playing. Someone said lets wait and revisit it in a couple of weeks and I agreed that it wasn't time to send him down now, and that his batting average was very disappointing. That caused you to mention how Desmond was the one was was very disappointing. Even Jamey wasn't calling for him to be sent down then. It wouldn't be Odor-like if it was done anywhere near this soon.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize its early, and he seems like a good dude, but so far I'm not impressed by Desmond skill at the plate. I wouldn't mind the strike outs so much if he could give us a hint of some offense.

Say what you want--everyone knows the drill by now--the drama, the injuries, and everything else, but I'm actually looking forward to Hamilton's return. Compared to Desmond's meager showing, I'll take whatever Hamilton can deliver. He can still hit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize its early, and he seems like a good dude, but so far I'm not impressed by Desmond skill at the plate. I wouldn't mind the strike outs so much if he could give us a hint of some offense.

Say what you want--everyone knows the drill by now--the drama, the injuries, and everything else, but I'm actually looking forward to Hamilton's return. Compared to Desmond's meager showing, I'll take whatever Hamilton can deliver. He can still hit.

What about Rua taking over LF?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He surely can't hurt and as we saw last year he can be very beneficial. He was even beneficial in the field the night we clinched a tie for the division.