• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Raiders are interested in Peterson

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure we need him. Not when Murray showed a lot of promise the last 6 games of the season and we went out and added an under-rated player in Roy Helu. We need a #1 WR and Crabtree isn't the answer. And for Idaho, I think management is leaning towards a defensive player with our 1st round pick.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make sense for the Raiders. They aren't in a position to contend, so spending $44 mil & draft picks for a 30 year old RB would be silly. A rebuilding young team needs to stay the course & not trade away chances at cost controlled young players.

I think all this speculation is just filler to keep us interested.

Only 2 teams, Dallas & Arizona, make sense for AP. And even then, there would have to be concessions by both AP & Minnesota for a trade to happen. Neither team has space to add $13 mil this season nor would be willing to part with anything higher than a day 2 pick.

Reactions: GNG

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make sense for the Raiders. They aren't in a position to contend, so spending $44 mil & draft picks for a 30 year old RB would be silly. A rebuilding young team needs to stay the course & not trade away chances at cost controlled young players.

Only 2 teams, Dallas & Arizona, make sense for AP. And even then, there would have to be concessions by both AP & Minnesota for a trade to happen. Neither team has space to add $13 mil this season nor would be willing to part with anything higher than a day 2 pick.
Mike Davis, let's not count my Raiders out just yet.. Teams change from year to year.. Carr proved he can play ball, then you add a player like AP?? Look out!! I would give a 4th round pick for him.. AP would look pretty good with the Cards though, him and Carson Palmer with the coaching staff you guys got could put you guys over the top..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure we need him. Not when Murray showed a lot of promise the last 6 games of the season and we went out and added an under-rated player in Roy Helu. We need a #1 WR and Crabtree isn't the answer. And for Idaho, I think management is leaning towards a defensive player with our 1st round pick.
Ya im not real big on getting AP either DJ.. But if we add a player like AP?? Im not going to cry about it.. And DJ you just might be right, we just might go D with the 1st pick.. Looks like Beasley is visiting the Raiders.. Could you imagine Beasley and Mack growing together?? My goodness!! Draft night is going to be FUN!! Coop/White or some BadAzz D player!! Im Coop all the way DJ.. But man i would be happy with one of those TOP D players as well learning the game under Del Rio!!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally agree with you on this. Peterson will not want to play for a rebuilding team. He wants to win now.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with you on this. Peterson will not want to play for a rebuilding team. He wants to win now.
This post is funny to me, coming from a Cowboys fan.. Last year EVERYBODY said the Cowboys would be bad, that they would have the worse D in football history, JJ needs to go etc.. Looks like everybody was wrong eh?? Don't go by the past when the future is yet to be made.. Its always best to let things play out..

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post is funny to me, coming from a Cowboys fan.. Last year EVERYBODY said the Cowboys would be bad, that they would have the worse D in football history, JJ needs to go etc.. Looks like everybody was wrong eh?? Don't go by the past when the future is yet to be made.. Its always best to let things play out..
The big difference between the Cowboys and Raiders is that the Cowboys were a veteran team with marquee players and not a young rebuilding team. The Raiders show signs of improvement but I don't believe they will be contenders in 2015.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big difference between the Cowboys and Raiders is that the Cowboys were a veteran team with marquee players and not a young rebuilding team. The Raiders show signs of improvement but I don't believe they will be contenders in 2015.
No difference Guns.. You can either play ball or you can't.. Coaching was the factor, and is the factor.. The players bought into what the coaches were selling, and those coaches put them in the right spots.. That's why the Cowboys had a great year.. If teams have a QB with good coaching you everything falls into place!! It fell into place for you guys AK-47.. Now maybe its our turn..

Reactions: GNG

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho just so you know the Vikings are not going to let him go for cheap. Right now it is being reported they want a 1st round pick and a starting caliber Corner veteran. So we are talking the 4th overall pick and say DJ Hayden for AP. I don't see the Raiders being willing to do that. It is another reason I see Dallas and Arizona as more likely teams to get AP in they are picking at the end of the 1st round so not as huge of value as the #4 overall pick. Obviously the Raiders could try to package some picks together but with the Raiders trying to become a team more reliant on the draft I can't see them wanting to part ways with say their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round plus a starting caliber player all for a 30 year old RB.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho just so you know the Vikings are not going to let him go for cheap. Right now it is being reported they want a 1st round pick and a starting caliber Corner veteran. So we are talking the 4th overall pick and say DJ Hayden for AP. I don't see the Raiders being willing to do that. It is another reason I see Dallas and Arizona as more likely teams to get AP in they are picking at the end of the 1st round so not as huge of value as the #4 overall pick. Obviously the Raiders could try to package some picks together but with the Raiders trying to become a team more reliant on the draft I can't see them wanting to part ways with say their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round plus a starting caliber player all for a 30 year old RB.
That's PURE madness cd!! Our 4th pick and DJ Hayden for 30 year old AP?? They are freakin CRAZY!! And here i was thinking, maybe trade a 4th rounder for him.. SMH!! The Cards and Cowboys can have him for that kind of loot!! Heck i would rather have Gurley or Gordon over AP if i was the Cards or Cowboys with my lower first round pick.. The Vikings are on some bad acid for wanting that kind of loot..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Amari Cooper.. And we will have some BadAzz WR.. We coming for the AFC West!! You want some?? Come get some!!