• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Ohio State revolt

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the students at CU here in Boulder don't even know they play in the Pac 12. Hell when their so-called rival Nebraska played at Folsom Field last year 75% of the fans were Huskers.

Not surprised. Colorado was a great program before the turn of the century. Since 2002, Colorado has struggled. The fans are not into it.

I have had 2 vacation trips to Colorado and the state is beautiful. Interestingly, the culture outside of Denver/Boulder is very conservative while those two cities are very liberal. It is a lot like Illinois and New York in that aspect.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that I trolled the B1G hard but I want to see this happen. I would love to see the Pac12 play as well although I definitely think they are done. The Pac12 didn't have much going for them in 2020 other than Oregon and Oregon doesn't have the pull to get the other 11 teams to change course.

lol

If one school can pull the conference in any direction it's USC.

If the B1G reverses course and decides to play, then I'll be shocked if the PAC doesn't do the same.

As worried as they were about the optics of being the first to cancel, I can't imagine they'd want the optics of being the only conference that didn't play.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised. Colorado was a great program before the turn of the century. Since 2002, Colorado has struggled. The fans are not into it.

I have had 2 vacation trips to Colorado and the state is beautiful. Interestingly, the culture outside of Denver/Boulder is very conservative while those two cities are very liberal. It is a lot like Illinois and New York in that aspect.

You're spot-on about CO. Personally I don't like Boulder. I wanna go back to the Vegas area now that my youngest son graduated from CU earlier this year. Talking my wife into moving is another story though. She likes being close to her folks and living across the street from her sister.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the B10 commissioner said fall sports is done and there's no reason to revisit the topic. And OSU's president agreed on that, and may still. What the athletic department thinks really doesn't matter in this power equation. Crossing my fingers for some bastardized winter/spring ball. Saw an interesting plan about starting up in Jan in indoor stadiums. MSU/Mich would share Ford Field for home games ect.

That could become a pretty major domino if a nearly self funded organization was not allowed to act accordingly

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

If the B1G reverses course and decides to play, then I'll be shocked if the PAC doesn't do the same.

As worried as they were about the optics of being the first to cancel, I can't imagine they'd want the optics of being the only conference that didn't play.

Agreed. However, USC reminds me of Miami. Great tradition and potential but the fans don't show up unless you are winning. USC has more of a base than Miami but it still isn't that strong. This hurts your program to a degree.

Sorry about fat fingerings the cake reward. I was trying to hit quote lol.

I don't see the B1G coming back to play. They may give a waiver to a few schools.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're spot-on about CO. Personally I don't like Boulder. I wanna go back to the Vegas area now that my youngest son graduated from CU earlier this year. Talking my wife into moving is another story though. She likes being close to her folks and living across the street from her sister.

Don't get me wrong, a little liberal isn't bad but urban Colorado is radical Portland level liberal. It is full of Bernie/AOC type supporters.

The sad thing is that they will eventually be in charge of our country. Every year, our country moves closer to their beliefs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. However, USC reminds me of Miami. Great tradition and potential but the fans don't show up unless you are winning. USC has more of a base than Miami but it still isn't that strong. This hurts your program to a degree.

Sorry about fat fingerings the cake reward. I was trying to hit quote lol.

I don't see the B1G coming back to play. They may give a waiver to a few schools.

Nationally, USC has taken a bit of a step back (although they still are in the news more than any other PAC school).

But within the PAC itself, USC still has the most pull. It's the only true blue blood in the conference.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nationally, USC has taken a bit of a step back (although they still are in the news more than any other PAC school).

But within the PAC itself, USC still has the most pull. It's the only true blue blood in the conference.

I would put UCLA and Washington as blue bloods because they are in the top 25 all-time programs. Oregon maybe as well although they have only been a factor in the 2000s. UCLA has stunk it up lately in all sports. Pac12 was historically a very strong conference but is usually the weakest P5 conference in both basketball and football. I think it is due to lack of strong fanbase support.

Utah was a great add to the league because they have a dedicated fan base and are usually competitive in most sports. It will never happen due to academic snobbery but Boise State would have been a great football addition.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

yep. if one or 2 of the P5 conferences don't play but the others do, there would be long-term damage to the conferences that didn't play. coaches would use that in recruiting players and it would be effective.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put UCLA and Washington as blue bloods because they are in the top 25 all-time programs. Oregon maybe as well although they have only been a factor in the 2000s. UCLA has stunk it up lately in all sports. Pac12 was historically a very strong conference but is usually the weakest P5 conference in both basketball and football. I think it is due to lack of strong fanbase support.

Utah was a great add to the league because they have a dedicated fan base and are usually competitive in most sports. It will never happen due to academic snobbery but Boise State would have been a great football addition.

If you had to rank football programs the past 20 years, how low would you have to go before Tennessee got a mention? #40? #50? Lower?

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had to rank football programs the past 20 years, how low would you have to go before Tennessee got a mention? #40? #50? Lower?

Higher than UCLA and most of the Pac12. Sad thing is despite our struggles, we still have more attendance, generate more revenue, and are recruiting better than most the Pac12.

Now go away... I was enjoying my adult conversation with Trojanman.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higher than UCLA and most of the Pac12. Sad thing is despite our struggles, we still have more attendance, generate more revenue, and are recruiting better than most the Pac12.

And you're still losing to Sun Belt schools. WTF?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attendance is how you measure success? I measure success by wins.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-H Bitches!

Reactions: gob

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State needs to fire Warren. Do it now!