• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Ohio State revolt

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And OSU's president agreed on that,

I'm not sure that's correct. The first report that I saw said the the vote was 12-2 with tOSU and Iowa voting to play.

Then I saw where someone said the vote was 8-6.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that's correct. The first report that I saw said the the vote was 12-2 with tOSU and Iowa voting to play.

Then I saw where someone said the vote was 8-6.

It was Iowa and Nebraska that voted to play. That was announced by the conference. TOsu president voted to cancel

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if you actually have been following this OSU is trying to get 6 teams to participate for a 10 game schedule with a home and away against each team. See edits above, Michigan would lose 3 times to us in the same calendar year.

Oh, PLEASE, GOD! Make this happen!!!

EarlyDependentBlackbear-small.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

praying-gif-24.gif.26fe71f0373cca6f61402ce23155ccb8.gif

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just one of the stages of grief.

Let's just hope for a winter season starting in January.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ohio State fans would rather not play Michigan in the fall, if the only way Michigan could play is to go to Toledo for their home games?

Ohio State is ALWAYS welcome to play their home games in enemy territory! If Ohio won't let them play, and Michigan opens up, you guys can play all games at Eastern Michigan's stadium...not problem!

Heck! Come play all your home games at the Big House! :suds:

Oh my bad :doh:. Didn't realize you were talking just about the Buckeyes. For some reason I thought you meant the UofM season. Wasn't thinking. And I didn't read volbound's comment you responded to. Should have done that first.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my bad :doh:. Didn't realize you were talking just about the Buckeyes. For some reason I thought you meant the UofM season. Wasn't thinking. And I didn't read volbound's comment you responded to. Should have done that first.

I was talking about the UM season. It appears that the governor of Michigan will not allow them to play in the state (that's the rumor I heard), so if they did that six team B10 mini season, Michigan would have to either sit out or play somewhere outside of Michigan. The closest place with a decent sized stadium would be Toledo. If the six team thing becomes a reality, I'd be in favor of Michigan playing home games in Toledo so they can be a part of it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the B10 commissioner said fall sports is done and there's no reason to revisit the topic. And OSU's president agreed on that, and may still. What the athletic department thinks really doesn't matter in this power equation. Crossing my fingers for some bastardized winter/spring ball. Saw an interesting plan about starting up in Jan in indoor stadiums. MSU/Mich would share Ford Field for home games ect.

What if the Lions have a home play-....oh wait. Never mind. Continue.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about the UM season. It appears that the governor of Michigan will not allow them to play in the state (that's the rumor I heard), so if they did that six team B10 mini season, Michigan would have to either sit out or play somewhere outside of Michigan. The closest place with a decent sized stadium would be Toledo. If the six team thing becomes a reality, I'd be in favor of Michigan playing home games in Toledo so they can be a part of it.

The word is that the Michigan governor won't let them play at all no matter where it is. This is the hold up with Michigan on the Ohio State 6 team plan.

I know of Michigan's governor acts more like a queen than a governor.

Wisconsin hasn't agreed to the plan either. However, it sounds like Iowa, Penn State, and Nebraska are on board.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word is that the Michigan governor won't let them play at all no matter where it is. This is the hold up with Michigan on the Ohio State 6 team plan.

I'm guessing that worthless shitbag, Harbaugh, is greasing Whitmer's palm something fierce in exchange for that edict.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say if meeeechegan plays games in Toledo it's time for another border war.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say if meeeechegan plays games in Toledo it's time for another border war.

I misunderstood the Toledo discussion. I am assuming they are trying to play outside of the state to get out of her jurisdiction. They don't run afoul of her executive order if they aren't in her jurisdiction.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that I trolled the B1G hard but I want to see this happen. I would love to see the Pac12 play as well although I definitely think they are done. The Pac12 didn't have much going for them in 2020 other than Oregon and Oregon doesn't have the pull to get the other 11 teams to change course.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I misunderstood the Toledo discussion. I am assuming they are trying to play outside of the state to get out of her jurisdiction. They don't run afoul of her executive order if they aren't in her jurisdiction.

Just keep that team outta my home state. Don't care how close ann arbor is to Toledo. Harbaugh's Boyz should play in Indiana instead.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that I trolled the B1G hard but I want to see this happen. I would love to see the Pac12 play as well although I definitely think they are done. The Pac12 didn't have much going for them in 2020 other than Oregon and Oregon doesn't have the pull to get the other 11 teams to change course.

Some of the students at CU here in Boulder don't even know they play in the Pac 12. Hell when their so-called rival Nebraska played at Folsom Field last year 75% of the fans were Huskers.