• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Ohio State revolt

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why isn't anyone talking about this? Clay Travis and other networks are reporting that Ohio State is trying to gather teams to play.

Ohio State released a letter today indicating that the decision not to play Fall Sports is temporary and they feel like they have the safety measures in place to play.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why isn't anyone talking about this? Clay Travis and other networks are reporting that Ohio State is trying to gather teams to play.

Ohio State released a letter today indicating that the decision not to play Fall Sports is temporary and they feel like they have the safety measures in place to play.
Because the B10 commissioner said fall sports is done and there's no reason to revisit the topic. And OSU's president agreed on that, and may still. What the athletic department thinks really doesn't matter in this power equation. Crossing my fingers for some bastardized winter/spring ball. Saw an interesting plan about starting up in Jan in indoor stadiums. MSU/Mich would share Ford Field for home games ect.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the B10 commissioner said fall sports is done and there's no reason to revisit the topic. And OSU's president agreed on that, and may still. What the athletic department thinks really doesn't matter in this power equation. Crossing my fingers for some bastardized winter/spring ball. Saw an interesting plan about starting up in Jan in indoor stadiums. MSU/Mich would share Ford Field for home games ect.
^^^ AKA Scared of losing three times to OSU in the same calendar year. Michigan gracefully bows out.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait. Why would we lose twice in the same season?
Because if you actually have been following this OSU is trying to get 6 teams to participate for a 10 game schedule with a home and away against each team. See edits above, Michigan would lose 3 times to us in the same calendar year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if you actually have been following this OSU is trying to get 6 teams to participate for a 10 game schedule with a home and away against each team. See edits above, Michigan would lose 3 times to us in the same calendar year.
yeah, no thanks onthat. I'll wait until next year if that's the option

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kevin Warren will not let that happen...even though his son will be playing football. This guy is pathetic.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to reports, it is the governor of Michigan that won't let them play. They would have to get by that hurdle. I think Michigan is done but some of the other B1G teams maybe able to play independent of the B1G.

Sounds like tOSU has a revolt between the athletic department and the school.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to reports, it is the governor of Michigan that won't let them play. They would have to get by that hurdle. I think Michigan is done but some of the other B1G teams maybe able to play independent of the B1G.

Doubt it. She's already letting schools reopen, and was going to allow HS sports. I doubt she had any influence on UM not playing; she could have but I don't think she did.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it. She's already letting schools reopen, and was going to allow HS sports. I doubt she had any influence on UM not playing; she could have but I don't think she did.

Thanks... I am going based on a couple of talk shows, notable Out kick the Coverage. They could be wrong.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf? They voted to cancel fall sports.

Must have gotten a ton of backlash from big donors .....

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf? They voted to cancel fall sports.

Must have gotten a ton of backlash from big donors .....

I don't think everyone was consulted as well. This is why the B1G process has been so messy versus the Pac12 who had an open and transparent meeting about it.

Basically it sounds like the Presidents voted in a closed meeting and did not include the AD or other members of the public. I agree though that the donors are probably expressing complaints as well.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a revolt as much as it is a semiclever way of not having football and still getting your dumber boosters to continue throwing money your way

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckeye fans are as crazy as SEC fans. I know they are likely not taking the decision very well. I am not surprised by so much opposition. I beat the Ohio State president is treading a thin line right now with this decision.

Add in the Justin Fields and players of the parents protest and it is a perfect storm.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, PLEASE, GOD! Make this happen!!!

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I would HATE a spring season. The best players won't be playing, so even if Michigan beat Ohio State, it would forever be tainted as a win that was only achieved when the best players opted out. On another note, I just don't think it would be good on our athletes for the fall 2021 season. Playing so many games in such a short time (even if it is just an 8 game season that ends in March or April), could potentially be a negative.

I think they either need to find a way to end the season by January, or just punt the ball to fall of 2021. Just my two cents. I'll be watching either way.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love for the University of Michigan to call the governor's bluff. It's about an hour to Toledo. Play the games in their stadium.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love for the University of Michigan to call the governor's bluff. It's about an hour to Toledo. Play the games in their stadium.

Oh hell no. meeeechegan should play their games in their own damn state. Play 'em at one of those directional MAC schools.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckeye fans are as crazy as SEC fans. I know they are likely not taking the decision very well. I am not surprised by so much opposition. I beat the Ohio State president is treading a thin line right now with this decision.

Add in the Justin Fields and players of the parents protest and it is a perfect storm.

I don't blame OSU fans for being crazy about all this. They are so stacked this year, and will lose some key players that will likely never play another down for them if they stick with canceling fall sports.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell no. meeeechegan should play their games in their own damn state. Play 'em at one of those directional MAC schools.

So Ohio State fans would rather not play Michigan in the fall, if the only way Michigan could play is to go to Toledo for their home games?

Ohio State is ALWAYS welcome to play their home games in enemy territory! If Ohio won't let them play, and Michigan opens up, you guys can play all games at Eastern Michigan's stadium...not problem!

Heck! Come play all your home games at the Big House! :suds: