• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I unfortunately missed the game last night, but I'd be willing to bet that the loss of Daley and the switch to Fleury are the two main reasons that Pittsburgh lost.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I unfortunately missed the game last night, but I'd be willing to bet that the loss of Daley and the switch to Fleury are the two main reasons that Pittsburgh lost.
Not sure about Daley but the switch to Fleury was a main reason.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about Daley but the switch to Fleury was a main reason.

I was honestly shocked when I heard they were switching to Fleury. What exactly is wrong with Murray? He hasn't played his way out of the starting role, he deserved to keep it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was honestly shocked when I heard they were switching to Fleury. What exactly is wrong with Murray? He hasn't played his way out of the starting role, he deserved to keep it.
If they want to win they really should go back to Murray otherwise Fleury needs to play a lot better than he did.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to win they really should go back to Murray otherwise Fleury needs to play a lot better than he did.

They screwed themselves by switching. Now they have to stick with Fleury and hope he improves. They can't bench him after one game. It will ruin him.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they can re-insert Murray and Sheary and win the series in 7. God, I hate being right sometimes. Fucking Penguins. I obviously hate them with a passion, but I am alluding to the fact that I picked them to win it all before the playoffs started. If they stick to this roster, I think they may do it.

You have to wonder wtf they are going to do with Fleury moving forward. They just crushed him mentally and he still has three more years at $5.75 million. Murray has taken over the show.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they can re-insert Murray and Sheary and win the series in 7. God, I hate being right sometimes. Fucking Penguins. I obviously hate them with a passion, but I am alluding to the fact that I picked them to win it all before the playoffs started. If they stick to this roster, I think they may do it.

You have to wonder wtf they are going to do with Fleury moving forward. They just crushed him mentally and he still has three more years at $5.75 million. Murray has taken over the show.
I'm not sure about Pitt even winning this series still as TB is a REALLY good road playoff team. it will definitely be a good game 7 and lets go TB.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about Pitt even winning this series still as TB is a REALLY good road playoff team. it will definitely be a good game 7 and lets go TB.

Get your popcorn either way. Game 7 should be unreal. I'm not saying Tampa can't win. They have the skill, coaching and leadership, but I think Pittsburgh is the hotter team and is riding the momentum, plus has the home ice.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, now we get to watch Pittsburgh win another fucking Cup before we do.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the sharks really need to get it together. i really don't want the penguins to win.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the sharks really need to get it together. i really don't want the penguins to win.

I just don't see Pittsburgh losing, unfortunately. Yes, they only won the first two games by a goal each, but they thoroughly dominated those two games for long stretches and probably should've won by more. San Jose is like any other team in that they cannot match their overall speed. It's really not even close.

I hate having to endure this, but the fucking Pens are 28-8 since March 11th. Two of those losses were in playoff OT and one to us in a meaningless game for them. How exactly is anyone going to beat them 4 out of 7 (and now 4 out of 5)!?!.

I still can't believe that most all of the experts picked San Jose when I could easily see this ending in 4 or 5 games the other way. Unless Martin Jones stands on his head for three games and the Sharks get a bunch of lucky bounces, this series won't ever be close.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see Pittsburgh losing, unfortunately. Yes, they only won the first two games by a goal each, but they thoroughly dominated those two games for long stretches and probably should've won by more. San Jose is like any other team in that they cannot match their overall speed. It's really not even close.

I hate having to endure this, but the fucking Pens are 28-8 since March 11th. Two of those losses were in playoff OT and one to us in a meaningless game for them. How exactly is anyone going to beat them 4 out of 7 (and now 4 out of 5)!?!.

I still can't believe that most all of the experts picked San Jose when I could easily see this ending in 4 or 5 games the other way. Unless Martin Jones stands on his head for three games and the Sharks get a bunch of lucky bounces, this series won't ever be close.

Honestly i thought the sharks would win in 4 or 5. They are so much more talented than the Pens IMO.

Crosby > Thornton
Malkin < Pavelski
Kessel <> Couture
Letang <> Burns
Murray <> Jones

Outside of that, the Sharks are superior or far superior at every other position IMO. Especially on defense. To me, the system Sullivan has put in place, and I guess the speed throughout the lineup, is what's winning the games for the Pens. Not a surplus in talent. (Doesn't discount the wins by any means, it just keeps surprising me that they can win on that. I thought the Caps and Lightning had more talent too)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly i thought the sharks would win in 4 or 5. They are so much more talented than the Pens IMO.

Crosby > Thornton
Malkin < Pavelski
Kessel <> Couture
Letang <> Burns
Murray <> Jones

Outside of that, the Sharks are superior or far superior at every other position IMO. Especially on defense. To me, the system Sullivan has put in place, and I guess the speed throughout the lineup, is what's winning the games for the Pens. Not a surplus in talent. (Doesn't discount the wins by any means, it just keeps surprising me that they can win on that. I thought the Caps and Lightning had more talent too)
"It's not about having the best talent, it's about having the right talent."-Herb Brooks

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks got very fortunate and won last night, but I had them winning that one anyway. Now they will lose the next two.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks got very fortunate and won last night, but I had them winning that one anyway. Now they will lose the next two.
I think the Sharks will likely tie the series in game 4. NHL doesn't want this to be a blowout series. They'll let the Sharks get away with murder (even allowing shitty ice conditions) all while calling everything on the Pens. Not saying the Sharks can't win on their own merit, but I've been watching the NHL too long to not understand the politics of it.