• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I have to start rooting for TB now but it will tough without Stamkos and Stralman.

Tampa has some speed too, but I don't think they can match it top to bottom.

The Pens literally fired their coach, brought up three from the Ahl full-time, traded for Daley/Hagelin and they have yet to look back. Completely dominating ever since. I've never, ever seen anything like this shit before.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa has some speed too, but I don't think they can match it top to bottom.

The Pens literally fired their coach, brought up three from the Ahl full-time, traded for Daley/Hagelin and they have yet to look back. Completely dominating ever since. I've never, ever seen anything like this shit before.
I don't know if it was Pitt being that good or Washington doing another tank job. It makes me a little weary of our success against Washington if it was the just them stinking in the playoffs again.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it was Pitt being that good or Washington doing another tank job. It makes me a little weary of our success against Washington if it was the just them stinking in the playoffs again.

The Pens are a fucking buzzsaw right now. They've caught lightning in a bottle and I don't see anyone beating them. It's insane to say or even think of it this way after they fired a coach (again), made a couple trades and brought up Ahlers.

What has yet to be seen is whether their younger guys can hold up over the long haul or if they will wilt under the pressure of the big stage, but they seem completely game right now. Trust me, it's mindfucking me left and right too...Lol

So, in closing, Washington was doomed before the series even started.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like both players quite a bit, and i think the Eriksson addition makes a lot of sense. I think they could get him on a relatively short term deal (2-3 years) at a cheap enough hit that it doesn't upset the apple cart. He would be a competitive boost while the team rebuilds.

Shattenkirk, i like the player a ton, but i don't see how a trade works (as they state in the article). The Blues' need is also a weakness for the Flyers. And I would HATE to see Schenn or Simmonds traded. Simmonds' contract is unreal good for the Flyers and I think Schenn is finally starting to show why he was drafted 5th overall. They're obviously not going to trade Couturier, Giroux, or Voracek, and if you add Schenn and Simmonds in, I just don't see what the Blues could want from the Flyers. Raffl is probably next up in terms of forwards and that's not enough to even get the conversation going IMO.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a fabulous talent. To be tied for 6th in league scoring for an entire season at only 22 years of age and with a below average team is absurd. I'm not even bringing up his size.

That said, if "playing a lot of seasons in Calgary" amounts to more than 7 or 8 in total, I don't know that we want him here "at the end of his career."

Get him here in his mid to late 20's and I'm all for it.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Gaudreau go out with a Cup in Philly as our defensive dynasty finishes its reign of terror in 15 years. It'll be beautiful.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost and Giroux both having surgery Tuesday

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eriksson it the exact kind of pickup I would love. Having made the playoffs I think we could benefit from indulging a bit and being somewhat shortsighted. Obviously we aim to be contenders in a few years, but in the meantime an addition like Eriksson can help with continuing to get into the playoffs and (hopefully) doing some damage without compromising our future at all.

Shattenkirk would be a great pickup. I remember when he was in the rumor mill last year I liked the idea of adding an established top defenseman to help with the youth movement, but like awaz says the price is a bit off. With Ghost's emergence and Sanheim in the fold Shattenkirk would also be a bit redundant. (But that is a rich man's problem to have)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely wont mind if TB wins.

I'd love for Tampa to win, but I don't think they will. And then, call me crazy, but I don't feel that either St. Louis or San Jose can match the speed of whoever comes out of the East.

I originally was high on St. Louis, but I had Los Angeles and Pittsburgh in the Finals. Now, I'm thinking St. Louis and Pittsburgh. We shall see.