• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Hobbit 1: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw it.......liked it

i havent read the books...so a few things

1. is the white wizard already under saurons power

2. is he the necromancer they talk about who brought back the witchking

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have to say, i thought it was just ok

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is/was a lot of stuff in the LOTR books that can be left out. There is more story to the Hobbit. Leaving parts out can really derail the flow of the story. I can see this being three movies and being successful. I think two 3 hour movies can do the trick as well. But I am definitely in favor of 3 movies. Two Tolkien trilogies? :rockon:

you couldn't be more wrong

i just reread the hobbit because i hadn't read it in a really, really long time

i remembered it as this huge epic tale, but it really wasn't all that long

(and if they wanted to preserve the long tale aspect, they shouldn't have trimmed some areas down)

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was good..... 1st movie in a series is always the setup, so it had a couple of slow parts. It's one of the best 3-D movies I've seen in a while.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a 3 part movie and became so when Peter Jackson got the ok from the Tolkien Trust to use notes from J.R.R. Tolkien, the appendices after ROTK, and general backstory. In essence, the movie is everything going on in Middle Earth at the time of the Hobbit. I'm going at 330 this afternoon and can't fucking wait.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Unclear from the books, as far as I recall. Sauron gains control of Saruman through the Palantier, so that would assume the Neucromancer has one with him at this point in time and it is NOT in Mordor.

2. Sauron is the Neucromancer.

Last edited by a moderator:

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. No

2. No, he is basically sauron

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. No

2. No, he is basically sauron

The more I think about it, I think NO to 1 also. It see,s to me like the Palantier was in Mordor and always had been. So there would have been no way for Sauraman to spy on him (and get taken over) at the time of The Hobbit.

And LOL at Saruman thinking he could spy on a Most powerful Meier.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, I think NO to 1 also. It see,s to me like the Palantier was in Mordor and always had been. So there would have been no way for Sauraman to spy on him (and get taken over) at the time of The Hobbit.

And LOL at Saruman thinking he could spy on a Most powerful Meier.

The Palantir didn't come to Mordor until Minas Ithil (Minas Morgul) was taken by the Nazgul, which the year 2002 of the Third Age. To put that into perspective, Frodo doesn't leave the Shire until 3018 of the Third Age.

Saruman became obsessed with the Ring and when he took up occupancy at Isengard, there was a Palantir there since it was a great outpost of the Kingdom of Gondor. He used the seeing stone to search for the ring and came under the spell of Sauron.

Sidenote - Saruman, Gandalf, Sauron are all Maiar with Sauron serving under the Valar Melkor in the early days. Gandalf is assumed to have served under Manwe, who was the greatest of the Valar and ruled the winds and airs of Middle Earth. This is why Gandalf had such a great relationship with the Eagles.

:nerd:

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Palantir didn't come to Mordor until Minas Ithil (Minas Morgul) was taken by the Nazgul, which the year 2002 of the Third Age. To put that into perspective, Frodo doesn't leave the Shire until 3018 of the Third Age.

Saruman became obsessed with the Ring and when he took up occupancy at Isengard, there was a Palantir there since it was a great outpost of the Kingdom of Gondor. He used the seeing stone to search for the ring and came under the spell of Sauron.

Sidenote - Saruman, Gandalf, Sauron are all Maiar with Sauron serving under the Valar Melkor in the early days. Gandalf is assumed to have served under Manwe, who was the greatest of the Valar and ruled the winds and airs of Middle Earth. This is why Gandalf had such a great relationship with the Eagles.

:nerd:

Well yes, if I recall, the Palantier were made in Numenor, so no, one hadn't always been there, but for the discussion of the time of the Hobbit, it doesn't matter. There was one there for a long time before Bilbo showed up on the scene. This is why I think Sauron didn't have control of Saruman yet.

Side note - I think the Istari WERE Maier along with Sauron and Balrogs, but a different subclass. I was thinking it had something to do with a reduction in powers due to taking bodily form. Maybe I just need to read it all again. I think the Silmarillion speaks to this, but don't remember what exactly.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yes, if I recall, the Palantier were made in Numenor, so no, one hadn't always been there, but for the discussion of the time of the Hobbit, it doesn't matter. There was one there for a long time before Bilbo showed up on the scene. This is why I think Sauron didn't have control of Saruman yet.

Side note - I think the Istari WERE Maier along with Sauron and Balrogs, but a different subclass. I was thinking it had something to do with a reduction in powers due to taking bodily form. Maybe I just need to read it all again. I think the Silmarillion speaks to this, but don't remember what exactly.

When the Istari came to Middle Earth, they were not allowed to use/show their full power because in doing so, they would frighten the very peoples they were meant to protect.

When I have a question, here is where I go. It's fucking awesome.

One Wiki To Rule Them All

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw it. I figured that I would drop in and say on my way to the doctor. My erection has lasted for more than 4 hours and I need medical attention.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEvHA.jpg

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1