• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Georgia/Alabama relationship?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it?

Pure hatred rivalry from both teams/fans? And if so, to what level? Alabama/Auburn, Georgia/Florida level? A notch below?

Respect rivalry? Given that Smart was the coach for so long at Alabama and under Saba, do Crimson Tide fans root for Georgia when they aren't playing against Alabama? Wanting to see a former longtime coach do well. Does Georgia root for Alabama when they aren't playing each other because they want to be the ones to knock off Alabama and in doing so finally beating them?

Not really anything? Since both teams are in different divisions and are not scheduled to play every year, does this just become a hope we beat them come SEC champ game or CFP?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both SEC. Don't you know the "SEC, SEC" chant?

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:kiffin:

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia only likes Alabama like a cousin, which is why Alabama is confused it won't work out

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia only likes Alabama like a cousin, which is why Alabama is confused it won't work out
Damnit. I was gonna say brother and sister who fuck, but yours is funnier.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit. I was gonna say brother and sister who fuck, but yours is funnier.

That only happens in the Midwest. And maybe certain parts of Utah.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were not annual opponents even before the divisions, and since UGA fans generally dislike Auburn we can see their point.

Our rivals are Auburn and Tennessee, with LSU and MSU being next (as we have played them annually all of my life). We pretty much respect UGA.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Alabama fan, I look forward to the competition. I think it's great that the SEC East is starting to come around again. I mostly look forward to our games against LSU, Auburn, Mississippi St., and the annual playoff showdown with Clemson; then to a lesser degree, Tennessee, followed by the rest of the SEC West. Then, whoever else we meet in the playoffs.

txTIGER1963

ONE TOKE OVER THE LINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 417.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you might get some hate with a Ga/Clemson thread

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020, their next scheduled regular season game!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama rightfully doesn’t see us as a threat. There’s always been some common ground with Bama and UGA fans in that we both hold a deep hatred of Auburn and Tennessee, and I don’t think Bama fans care too much for Florida either.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama rightfully doesn’t see us as a threat. There’s always been some common ground with Bama and UGA fans in that we both hold a deep hatred of Auburn and Tennessee, and I don’t think Bama fans care too much for Florida either.

To be fair, does anyone really care for Florida too much besides the swamp lizards themselves?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Alabama, LSU, Clemson, and Troy fan, I look forward to the competition. I think it's great that the SEC East is starting to come around again. I mostly look forward to our games against LSU, Auburn, Mississippi St., and the annual playoff showdown with Clemson; then to a lesser degree, Tennessee, followed by the rest of the SEC West. Then, whoever else we meet in the playoffs.
Fixed for accuracy. :suds:

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we see UGA as an ongoing threat. UGA arguably has the best recruiting situation in CFB. (Saban was saying that for years.). That said, as imperfect as our fans are (poisoning trees, shooting fellow fans for “not caring enough”, etc.), we generally do not dislike other programs that are successful simply for being successful.

This goes for Florida as well. Our general view of UF under Spurrier and Meyer is that they had what we wanted. While it might have inspired some jealousy, it never rose to hate across our base. We reserve that for Auburn and Tennessee. We hate them every bit as much when they suck as when they are good.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's how I see it.

I'm a little older and I have Auburn family, so Tennessee will always top my hate tree, then Auburn, then LSU, then Florida for me, then MSU...hard to generate much hate for someone you are 81-18 against...only the dyslexic could get worked up for that, if it wasn't for the volume of history, they would have been replaced as a rival long ago. Georgia is like that cool cousin that is the same age as you, but goes to a different school and you only see at the reunions.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it?

Pure hatred rivalry from both teams/fans? And if so, to what level? Alabama/Auburn, Georgia/Florida level? A notch below?

Respect rivalry? Given that Smart was the coach for so long at Alabama and under Saba, do Crimson Tide fans root for Georgia when they aren't playing against Alabama? Wanting to see a former longtime coach do well. Does Georgia root for Alabama when they aren't playing each other because they want to be the ones to knock off Alabama and in doing so finally beating them?

Not really anything? Since both teams are in different divisions and are not scheduled to play every year, does this just become a hope we beat them come SEC champ game or CFP?

I believe you might be confused. Both schools are usually very good when they play so that involves some anticipation,
but the southern school that hates Alabama with a passion is Georgia Tech.

That was a brutal rivalry and Bobby Dodd and Bear Bryant had zero use for each other.

Darwin Holt/Chick Granning did it for Georgia Tech. Bobby Dodd was livid. To his dying day he always believed
that was intentional