• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The first 18

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much more Stephenson can learn in AAA other than maybe not trying so hard to throw the ball 99 mph.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a team that is inclined to win 6 out of 9.
Beware the sudden thud ... I am not confident in this rotation.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beware the sudden thud ... I am not confident in this rotation.

I hate to be such a downer, but I have to agree. Been following baseball to long, too get to excited. But I'll enjoy it while it last.

Looking forward to tonights game with Garret pitching!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know ... it's .............

neid960_raxqiw1e_auisohp4.jpg

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do enjoy watching this team. If we can hold on until/if we get Homer and Disco back (UCL sprains/strains almost always seem to end in TJ surgery), this team will be much better going forward. A rotation with Disco, Homer, Feldman, Finny, and Garrett would be pretty solid. We pretty much know what to expect from that possible rotation except Garrett. We've only seen him once but he looked very comfortable in his first start...especially on the road vs the turd birds.The BP has been pretty phenomenal so far. Like Welsh said last night, the test will come once they have enough appearances so that the scouts can find there flaws. And then, will they have the ability to overcome that through mechanics and maturity. Overall, I've been very pleased so far. Like John said though...beware of the thud...Last year, we started 5-1. That being said, I will very much enjoy the ride, if that happens or not!

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No expectations. No pressure. Everyone is just playing loose and having fun. I'm loving it.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephenson pitched better tonight.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie Davis to the DL works out better for the Reds than Rookie. When a team assigns/ options players out at the end of ST, they can't recall them for 10 days unless there's an injury. The Reds obviously felt the need to add the 8th arm back to the bullpen with all the short starts they've been getting. A convenient injury keeps the club from creating a mystery injury.

Who takes his place in the rotation?

Could be Cody Reed if they don't need him in long relief prior to Sunday.

Could be Sal Romano who is scheduled to pitch Sunday for Louisville. Romano is coming off a 7 IP, 0 R, 0 BB, 5 K Tuesday night performance.

I say let the big dog eat.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephenson pitched better tonight.

The results were better, but I thought he was on the verge of letting that second inning get away.

Stephenson threw a lot of changeups last night. He has a good one, but most of them were out of the strike zone. Until he harnesses command of his fastball, he's going to continue to struggle.

I'd like to see him shelf the curveball. He only threw a few last night, but every time he threw one he seemed to lose his fastball release point.

I like him better as a fastball, slider, changeup repetoire guy.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it every time we play Pittsburgh, Someone end up on the DL because of a HBP?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love Amir. Great mechanics and mound presence.

I think the injury to Rookie is legit enough for the 10-day DL, which is finally something smart that MLB/players finally decided.

Stephenson did have more command issues than luck. The Pirates hitters were over-anxious, which explains their offense right now. That is not a good baseball team for the moment. Nova is not that good.

Schebler seems to be pressing and that's not necessary. He can just make ground ball contact and help this offense, which is better than I have seen since even before the 2010 season. Short sample sizes. Suarez is doing GG work at 3B but it's early. All players get tired.

Hamilton has already won a GG if he stays on the field.

Votto is getting his timing back.

Shame that Scooter had the best night of his career and sat out the next game. Oh well, that's why these guys don't want to sign on as a utility player. I think Scoots has a promise when Cozart is dealt. Or if.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think the injury to Rookie is legit enough for the 10-day DL

There's no doubt the knot on on Rookie's forearm is real, but it still allowed the Reds to make a needed move they otherwise couldn't have made.