• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The end for Deangelo?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deangelo Hall re-tore his Achilles and underwent surgery yesterday pushing back his recovery from the initial 6 months, to 9 months beginning now. With the play of young Breeland and Amerson it appears that his best shot to return would be as the third (slot) guy. At 31, he had a pretty good career and could continue it if he still has that desire. The question is where will he get that shot? Sure he's under contract thru the 2017 season, but what if there's no room for him here?

This Sunday, the team plays the Vikings, and late reports are that the young corner has tweaked a knee (MRI negative) possibly giving opportunities to both Porter and Minnifield. If either shows well, it could be the end for Hall.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deangelo Hall re-tore his Achilles and underwent surgery yesterday pushing back his recovery from the initial 6 months, to 9 months beginning now. With the play of young Breeland and Amerson it appears that his best shot to return would be as the third (slot) guy. At 31, he had a pretty good career and could continue it if he still has that desire. The question is where will he get that shot? Sure he's under contract thru the 2017 season, but what if there's no room for him here?

This Sunday, the team plays the Vikings, and late reports are that the young corner has tweaked a knee (MRI negative) possibly giving opportunities to both Porter and Minnifield. If either shows well, it could be the end for Hall.

we will see .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see .

Indeed, as you know I've always been in favor of Hall being the slot guy, I still am. The guy is a savvy veteran who IMHO seems perfect for the position. Hope he at least tries to come back, but as you've said, we'll see!

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder what his buy out penalty is?
not saying hes done but its just something to consider in the future.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can come back healthy and still perform at a high level, I say keep him and let him play his contract out. He is a leader and mentor for the young guys and would probably be the best nickel guy we currently have on the roster. Plus he plays (always has) with an air of attitude and cockiness (which I love).

all that said with my VT homer glasses on. :)

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe he is only 31. As I heard the news I was also assuming that would be the end. I figured he would lose explosiveness but then again I thought he was older than 31.

Like everyone else I'm not a huge fan of DHall but he was clearly missed. If he can keep buys like Biggers off the field as the 3rd corner I want him back badly provided he can come back.

Is there a doctor in the house?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else find it ironic that pizza has been the culprit for 2 injuries so far in the NFL?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the guy who got stabbed by his wife, then later got in a car wreck while doing like 120 MPH? A writer once said "first it was a knife in the kitchen, then it was a fork in the road".

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps he cant play cb anymore even in the slot . i am thinking safety . he has the ball skills and a lack of explosiveness (potentially) wouldnt hurt at safety

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft pj williams and dhall as are 4 th cb or 3. Go amerson breeland pj williams dhall

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft for depth because all starters get hurt

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else find it ironic that pizza has been the culprit for 2 injuries so far in the NFL?

Maybe they both should have tried Ledo's.......they don't cut corners!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps he cant play cb anymore even in the slot . i am thinking safety . he has the ball skills and a lack of explosiveness (potentially) wouldnt hurt at safety

It would be interesting to read your take as to why he might not be able to play corner anymore. Do you really believe that he has the ability to play safety? Free, not strong I hope you're referring to.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting to read your take as to why he might not be able to play corner anymore. Do you really believe that he has the ability to play safety? Free, not strong I hope you're referring to.

it would be free safety . and coming off an Achilles injury he may lose some shiftiness and straight ahead speed . now if he is a free safety we have an experienced safety back there that can play the ryan clark role plus halls ball skills are undeniable

but again we will see . he may not lose much at all

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be free safety . and coming off an Achilles injury he may lose some shiftiness and straight ahead speed . now if he is a free safety we have an experienced safety back there that can play the ryan clark role plus halls ball skills are undeniable

but again we will see . he may not lose much at all

Yeah that's my big concern about his recovery, just wanted to know if we saw it the same way. As a free safety he could in fact be mentor to all positions and fill the void that Clark would leave behind by retiring after this season.

BTW: One other question.....just in case.....how much dead money would he count against the cap if (Hopefully not) he retires.....Thanks!!