• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles are stone cold locks to win the NFC again, right?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts played well last year. He did regress because he wasn’t at an MVP level last year. That being said, his performance in 2021 and 2023 were fine. He played like a top ten QB last year not like a top 2 QB last year.
With his injury and with that his reduced mobility I sure didn't see him as a top 10 QB last year and the numbers show this. His play was a big reason for the Eagles season fell apart. If he gives you just what he gave you last year again you will have a franchise QB who only played like a true franchise QB for a year, in a great situation.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his injury and with that his reduced mobility I sure didn't see him as a top 10 QB last year and the numbers show this. His play was a big reason for the Eagles season fell apart. If he gives you just what he gave you last year again you will have a franchise QB who only played like a true franchise QB for a year, in a great situation.
I disagree. From what I saw, I witnessed a ton of malpractice. That was especially evident on the defensive side of the ball but was also the story on offense last year as well. The league caught up to the package the Eagles had been running and the offensive staff couldn’t adequately adjust. Their principles to beat blitz were absolutely broken. I’ve seen Hurts torch blitz in his career. That’s why I don’t think the problem emanates from him. Regardless…the Eagles have a professional offensive and defensive staff in place now. The excuse train halts and Hurts has a big prove it kind of year coming up.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. From what I saw, I witnessed a ton of malpractice. That was especially evident on the defensive side of the ball but was also the story on offense last year as well. The league caught up to the package the Eagles had been running and the offensive staff couldn’t adequately adjust. Their principles to beat blitz were absolutely broken. I’ve seen Hurts torch blitz in his career. That’s why I don’t think the problem emanates from him. Regardless…the Eagles have a professional offensive and defensive staff in place now. The excuse train halts and Hurts has a big prove it kind of year coming up.
While all of this is true Hurts did not play like a top 10 QB last year. I can easily name 10 who were better. He still has had only one really good season in 4 years. If I were you I'd be concerned.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While all of this is true Hurts did not play like a top 10 QB last year. I can easily name 10 who were better. He still has had only one really good season in 4 years. If I were you I'd be concerned.
I’ll take that list now please.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not concerned at all. He’s been a plus starter for the last 3 seasons. Last year was the first year of his career going back to college that he didn’t take a step forward.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take that list now please.
We are talking regular season:

Dak
Purdy
Lamar
Tua
Herbert
Stroud
Burrow
Mahomes
Allen
Love
Goff

That's 11, arguments can be made that Baker, Stafford and surely Cousins before he got hurt played better as well. Even David Carr had better numbers. Of course Hurts offers rushing yardage but once his mobility decreased due to injury he was just not as good as these guys IMO. And of course he was in a far better situation than virtually every player listed.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking regular season:

Dak
Purdy
Lamar
Tua
Herbert
Stroud
Burrow
Mahomes
Allen
Love
Goff

That's 11, arguments can be made that Baker, Stafford and surely Cousins before he got hurt played better as well. Once Hurts lost his mobility he was just not as good as these guys IMO.
Goff Love Herbert don’t belong on this list. Burrow? Dude was barely on the field last year?!?! You can’t say Burrow was a top ten QB last year. If you do then you’re playing the whole body of work game. Then Hurts clears Tua and Stroud too.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff Love Herbert don’t belong on this list. Burrow? Dude was barely on the field last year?!?! You can’t say Burrow was a top ten QB last year. If you do then you’re playing the whole body of work game. Then Hurts clears Tua and Stroud too.
If you are going to claim that Jalen Hurts played better than Tua and Stroud you are showing your bias and we can't have a real conversation,

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to claim that Jalen Hurts played better than Tua and Stroud you are showing your bias and we can't have a real conversation,
I included them because you included Burrow who had a lost 2023. I already explained this. Both Tua and Stroud had better 2023s than Hurts. When you put in Burrow it implies the whole body of work. That’s why I said what I said. Read what I said again.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I included them because you included Burrow who had a lost 2023. I already explained this. Both Tua and Stroud had better 2023s than Hurts. When you put in Burrow it implies the whole body of work. That’s why I said what I said. Read what I said again.
Ok fair enough on Burrow, but can you honestly say Hurts played better than Burrow when both were playing? If we are comparing bodies of work Tua has had 2 great seasons and Hurts has had one.

It's always hard to compare mobile QBs to pocket guys like Goff but clearly Goff had a more productive season. As did Herbert and Love. As did possibly Baker and Stafford who I didn't even put on the list. And again the situation Hurts found himself in has to be factored in when we evaluate their play.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok fair enough on Burrow, but can you honestly say Hurts played better than Burrow when both were playing?
Yes because Burrow played hurt. Burrow’s only plus game was when they upset San Fran.
If we are comparing bodies of work Tua has had 2 great seasons and Hurts has had one.
Disagree. I think Tua holds that team back.
It's always hard to compare mobile QBs to pocket guys like Goff but clearly Goff had a more productive season.
Hes a game manager and the Lions won despite him. If he was actually a dude they are in the Super Bowl. His home road splits were dreadful.
As did Herbert and Love.
Love may surpass him but you’re being a prisoner to the moment because Love had a nice close to the season and the Eagles faltered down the stretch.
As did possibly Baker and Stafford who I didn't even put on the list.
Stafford also couldn’t stay on the field. Baker was up and down as well…again…slave to the moment stuff.
And again the situation Hurts found himself in has to be factored in when we evaluate their play.
I agree. But you were saying Eagles fans should be worried. I don’t think there’s cause for that yet. If he has a mediocre 2024 in more likely to agree. I don’t think he will though.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes a game manager and the Lions won despite him. If he was actually a dude they are in the Super Bowl. His home road splits were dreadful
Not a fair assessment of Goff imo. He is awesome with a clean pocket and terrible with any kind of pressure. I doubt any QB in history has a bigger swing in his game based on pressure. He was a part of the solution.....most weeks.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Hurts is the key to everything. Going into year 3 there were serious question marks about him, then he answered the bell with a huge season. For that he was rewarded with a big contract, now he has regressed and has had one great year in 4 seasons.

They did the same thing with Wentz at about the same point in his career. And like the Wentz deal I didn't hear too much criticism at the time they extended Hurts although I clearly saw a similar scenario as we saw with Wentz. Of course years later fans came out of the woodwork and called the Wentz deal idiotic but at the time I didn't hear much of that talk.

Not saying Hurts will drop to Wentz level but we are certainly looking at a similar problem. This is another prove it year for one Jalen Hurts.
Hurts is a good QB, but he is going to have to change the way he plays. He's getting banged up every season. Once he becomes more of a straight pocket guy, it's going to make their offense a little less effective, but it will prolong his career. He will be on the shelf for good in 4-5 years if he doesn't

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because Burrow played hurt. Burrow’s only plus game was when they upset San Fran.

Disagree. I think Tua holds that team back.

Hes a game manager and the Lions won despite him. If he was actually a dude they are in the Super Bowl. His home road splits were dreadful.

Love may surpass him but you’re being a prisoner to the moment because Love had a nice close to the season and the Eagles faltered down the stretch.

Stafford also couldn’t stay on the field. Baker was up and down as well…again…slave to the moment stuff.

I agree. But you were saying Eagles fans should be worried. I don’t think there’s cause for that yet. If he has a mediocre 2024 in more likely to agree. I don’t think he will though.
LOL that Tua held that team back. He was really good.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hate that play and how officials refuse to blow the play dead, allowing offensive players to shove the pile into the end zone. They have all but eliminated the goal line stand which is one of the most exciting things in the sport.
Why can’t anyone else execute the play with the same level of success as the Eagles? Teams have tried and failed.