• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles are stone cold locks to win the NFC again, right?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both lost and looked kind of crappy, BUT, SF and Philly are still the big favorites in the NFC
Tough road losses against defenses that seldom give up touchdowns.

Happens.

Not much should change if the power rankings for either of em.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have legitimate issues:
1. Lane Johnson’s health. He’s had a history with that ankle. Also…fuck that MetLife Stadium turf. It’s disgusting that the biggest sports market in the country can’t put a safe track on that field.
2. Coordinators - I have been pleased with the new D C but very disappointed in the OC. Eagles have 3 more games until the Bye. Brian Johnson needs to be put on notice as the play caller. If he doesn’t get it together Siriani needs to take over play calling.
3. Schedule- the Eagles had an extended preseason. With a decent early schedule they could be 3-3. Now the schedule really ramps up.

I said 13-4 to start the season and I’m thinking that’s still likely. That’s not likely good enough for the one seed but as long as 2 of those 3 more losses aren’t vs the Cowboys that should win them the division and the 2 seed.

Eagles should never be a 2:1 pass run team when they lead for most of the contest like they were today. The best Eagles are a balanced offense.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Happens.

Agreed and SF is legit. Eagle damn good as well. Any given Sunday but money every week would be on SF.

I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Happens.

It’s so wonderful when mice roar. It was almost a third mouse roaring if you looked at the Giants game.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have legitimate issues:
1. Lane Johnson’s health. He’s had a history with that ankle. Also…fuck that MetLife Stadium turf. It’s disgusting that the biggest sports market in the country can’t put a safe track on that field.
2. Coordinators - I have been pleased with the new D C but very disappointed in the OC. Eagles have 3 more games until the Bye. Brian Johnson needs to be put on notice as the play caller. If he doesn’t get it together Siriani needs to take over play calling.
3. Schedule- the Eagles had an extended preseason. With a decent early schedule they could be 3-3. Now the schedule really ramps up.

I said 13-4 to start the season and I’m thinking that’s still likely. That’s not likely good enough for the one seed but as long as 2 of those 3 more losses aren’t vs the Cowboys that should win them the division and the 2 seed.

Eagles should never be a 2:1 pass run team when they lead for most of the contest like they were today. The best Eagles are a balanced offense.

I’m very much looking forward to next weeks game against Miami. That will say a lot about Philly and Miami.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s so wonderful when mice roar. It was almost a third mouse roaring if you looked at the Giants game.
Unless it affects your team specifically it really is wonderful and part of what makes sports so great

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles were lucky to win a few close games where they played poorly and coached bad games, and those issues finally caught up with them against the Jets. I think the coaching, specifically the new offensive coordinator, appears to be a problem this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles were lucky to win a few close games where they played poorly and coached bad games, and those issues finally caught up with them against the Jets. I think the coaching, specifically the new offensive coordinator, appears to be a problem this year.
The difference is when the Eagles play poorly they still win and when they play really really poorly they lose a close game. Same goes for SF. None of the other teams can play poorly and expect to win. Doesn't mean either of those teams will win the NFC of course, but it still makes them favorites :2cents:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure how long Johnson is out but that is rather large.