• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles are stone cold locks to win the NFC again, right?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly Howie isn't going anywhere so even with a house cleaning he'll just reup with more coaches that'll yes him to death. Jeffrey is to blind to see this.
Sadly?
Shoot, 5 weeks ago Howie was the best in the business.
Now? Everything is an excuse.

I'd continue to draft Georgia players. Everything is fine. They just need more 3rd and 1 situations.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly?
Shoot, 5 weeks ago Howie was the best in the business.
Now? Everything is an excuse.

I'd continue to draft Georgia players. Everything is fine. They just need more 3rd and 1 situations.
Maybe to some but I never viewed Howie as best in the business. I give him credit for managing the cap but his drafting hasn't been spot on with the refusal of putting any stock into the LB position and ridding of Dougie P cause he wanted to choose his own coordinators.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this board... it sure seemed everything Philly was the best or near best in football.
That's cause RTK flooded the site with garbage. The last year and a half they have been one of the best and should have been the best if it wasn't for the Hurts fumble. 10-1 was a good start but the AJ Brown whining and the defensive flaws have spiraled into the dumpster.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I read someone thinks a DT is overweight?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh what a horrible and disgusting year. All I have left are delusions that this is some elaborate trick that the Eagles staff has been running. It’s delusional to believe that the staff that has looked incompetent in adjusting all year is really just sandbagging to reduce the access teams have to film of their real plan for playoff success.

Ah fuck it. I can’t even convince myself of this delusion. They’re fucked.
I don't think anyone foresaw a Dream Team 2 season. Bad luck or injuries? Sure, that could have happened. Now it's getting ugly.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone foresaw a Dream Team 2 season. Bad luck or injuries? Sure, that could have happened. Now it's getting ugly.
2-3 weeks after they get eliminated all the dirt will come out. This is gonna be a soap opera for the ages. Personally, I think there’s an offense vs defense schism in the locker room.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 weeks after they get eliminated all the dirt will come out. This is gonna be a soap opera for the ages. Personally, I think there’s an offense vs defense schism in the locker room.
Playing bad football will almost always bring out some of that stuff when a team has high expectations and guys used to winning. I did hear that A.J. addressed the team and apologized for some of his body language stuff though so that's probably a good thing. The defense got bullied big time vs. Zona though and that has to leave a real bad taste in their mouths. That defensive line was supposed to be their strong suit and it has just gone badly. When that line gets pushed off the ball, those crappy LBs get exposed badly. A lot of veteran leadership there though so they could still pull it together enough. But the defense lacks talent after the those guys up front. And as things go badly, guys start trying to do too much and play hero and it causes more problems. Definitely have to look at coaching and scheme as the biggest issue but the players have to look in the mirror too. The defense ranked only above Washington since week 12 in a lot of key categories is really bad.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Cosell called out Jordan Davis and said he looks like a dancing bear. Supposedly, the Eagles are fining him for being overweight as well.

Isn't "dancing bear" usually a positive reference for defensive linemen?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Cosell called out Jordan Davis and said he looks like a dancing bear. Supposedly, the Eagles are fining him for being overweight as well.
I legit thought Davis was a can't miss superstar. Not stat wise because he's a NT, but a guy who would just destroy opposing OL and clog everything up and even get some bull rush push to the point where he blows shit up all game. Maybe if he dedicates himself he can still be this. I'm not going to write him off at 23 as "just another pretty good DT" but it's a disappointing start for sure

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I legit thought Davis was a can't miss superstar. Not stat wise because he's a NT, but a guy who would just destroy opposing OL and clog everything up and even get some bull rush push to the point where he blows shit up all game. Maybe if he dedicates himself he can still be this. I'm not going to write him off at 23 as "just another pretty good DT" but it's a disappointing start for sure
Huge disappointment. He's carrying way too much weight. Word I’ve heard locally is that he’s actually GAINED weight during the season. A man this large and this active should never experience that during a football season. He really needs to get that under control. Through 6-7 games he was playing great and having an impact. It looks like he has nothing in the tank now.

Check out this rep and how badly he gets beaten off the ball. His technique is played so that it’s MORE difficult to reach him and a mediocre OL reaches him with ease. At this rate, he’s only an 18-20 snap a game guy being used for 35-40 snaps. He can’t handle the work load and still be an impact. Not good for a top pick.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to lead when things are going rosy... True character comes out when things are going rough... Jalen Hurts is supposedly supposed to be a great leader in the locker room... Has that changed?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge disappointment. He's carrying way too much weight. Word I’ve heard locally is that he’s actually GAINED weight during the season. A man this large and this active should never experience that during a football season. He really needs to get that under control. Through 6-7 games he was playing great and having an impact. It looks like he has nothing in the tank now.

Check out this rep and how badly he gets beaten off the ball. His technique is played so that it’s MORE difficult to reach him and a mediocre OL reaches him with ease. At this rate, he’s only an 18-20 snap a game guy being used for 35-40 snaps. He can’t handle the work load and still be an impact. Not good for a top pick.

He was one of my favorite guys in that draft. I guess you can't make these guys "want it" and it's hard to measure those intangibles when they are so much stronger and better than the guys lining up against them in College.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to lead when things are going rosy... True character comes out when things are going rough... Jalen Hurts is supposedly supposed to be a great leader in the locker room... Has that changed?
The only people who can tell you that would be people in the locker room. It won’t stop people from speculating though.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leaders don't sit by themselves on the bench

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was one of my favorite guys in that draft. I guess you can't make these guys "want it" and it's hard to measure those intangibles when they are so much stronger and better than the guys lining up against them in College.
My biggest fear for him has been realized. Georgia’s philosophy on DL is to limit reps. When he was there, the defense was lights out and in total only played 50-55 snaps a game because they were getting off the field. He was only playing 40% of those small total snaps at Georgia and mostly 1st and 2nd down. Last year’s injury hurt him as well in terms of that rookie wall guys hit when they go from 12 games to 17 games plus playoffs. It seems like he hit his rookie wall this year. At the same time, that’s just an excuse for a dude who seems to be unserious about being great.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leaders don't sit by themselves on the bench

728d6885-23d4-44cd-8edf-d2083431e0a7_text.gif