• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think something like what I gave for Bell to Bandit. Gordan and K. Allen type offer.

Yeah and I just don't understand the logic in thinking that a guy that hasn't been drafted yet so you have no idea where he's going and how he'll play would be worth a RB1 and a WR1, but that's obviously what he's thinking. Hell he might even want a TE1 as well. What's crazy about it though, is if you look at his team, he really has a pretty good team, so he can afford to be picky, he just got screwed with the Rodgers, Watson, and David Johnson injuries last year. I honestly think it makes more sense for him to deal one of the quarterbacks than the 1st pick with his roster. You can only play one of those quarterbacks at a time and he's going to have a whole lot of value just sitting on his bench each week.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YWhat's crazy about it though, is if you look at his team, he really has a pretty good team, so he can afford to be picky

one of the reasons I'm shocked he was even considering dealing the pick - looks like Barkley would be perfect fit for his team to win now.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the reasons I'm shocked he was even considering dealing the pick - looks like Barkley would be perfect fit for his team to win now.

Well, I'm not sure he was actually considering it since nothing was good enough. ....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit excellent post. I agree with much of it. Not all of it though.

Yeah and I just don't understand the logic in thinking that a guy that hasn't been drafted yet so you have no idea where he's going and how he'll play would be worth a RB1 and a WR1,

Well the 1.2 was worth Evans in D1, so it really not outlandish to think that a RB like Barkley is worth say a one dimensional RB like say Howard plus a WR like say Baldwin. Shady said he traded Gordan and Howard for the 1.1 and considered it cheap. The enthusiasm for the RB going 1.1 is always sky high. If I owned the 1.1 I would want something similar to what he was asking. Considering what you got for the 1.1 in D1 you should agree.

he really has a pretty good team, so he can afford to be picky

Spot on and as @ SmokingMonkey said, Barkley is a good fit for his team.

I honestly think it makes more sense for him to deal one of the quarterbacks than the 1st pick with his roster

If you find a deal that makes sense, but trading QBs can be tricky. Think your friends value QBs a bit more then we do here on SportsHoopla. I was caught off guard by how quickly they got snatched up in our initial draft.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not a single team that NEEDS a QB, closest thing to it would be the wrecking crew needing a backup/future starter for Tom Brady. Everyone else has a more than serviceable starter, and a decent backup..heck SmokingMonkey has 3 Bonafied QB1's and probably couldn't give one away until well into the season when injury strikes.

Heck me and my little collection of Mahomes, A. Smith, and McArron..I wouldn't bother making a realistic offer for Rodgers or Watson. I feel I'm plenty good there. If I could get em cheap, sure why not. But not likely.

The amount of rookie QB's set to hit the league that everyone is so gaga over doesn't help either

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hell, at least we got a response. If he didn't accept Harold's offer, then there is no way he's going to trade that pick. I would have accepted that shit before he had a chance to pull it. At least we can all move on now.

You would accept unless you had SP on the other line.:lol:

To defend that offer, I'd like to explain my thinking. Stepping down from 1.1 to 1.4 can be a major gap. Remember 2016 when Zeke was 1.1? You had Henry at 1.2, then you had some real disappointing RBs like Dixon, Prosise and Perkins. Some years not so much of a drop, but the risk is there.
Ajayi to me was a low end RB2 at best. He was always up or down and frankly I'm going to avoid Eagles RBs in the future the same way I avoid Pats RBs. They are believers in RB by committee and I was planning to move Ajayi ASAP because at the moment the Eagles are a bit bare at RB and this is a sell high time for Ajayi. Next year I doubt anyone will be much interested in him. Baldwin of course was the painful piece to give up. Still he's a tier two WR. The 2.4 was thrown in to make it more tempting, because I figured getting Ajayi as the RB would be under whelming and in his shoes IDK if I'd want to do it, because he could still end up being weak at RB2.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not a single team that NEEDS a QB, closest thing to it would be the wrecking crew needing a backup/future starter for Tom Brady. Everyone else has a more than serviceable starter, and a decent backup..heck SmokingMonkey has 3 Bonafied QB1's and probably couldn't give one away until well into the season when injury strikes.

Heck me and my little collection of Mahomes, A. Smith, and McArron..I wouldn't bother making a realistic offer for Rodgers or Watson. I feel I'm plenty good there. If I could get em cheap, sure why not. But not likely.

The amount of rookie QB's set to hit the league that everyone is so gaga over doesn't help either
If I owned his QBs, I'd stay patient. Wrecking crew only has Brady and Clemson only has Carr and if Mahomes bombs you may end up feeling a bit different about your QB corp and I can see others with a potential problems. Besides Rogers isn't young, doesn't hurt to have a young gun in the wings.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would accept unless you had SP on the other line.:lol:

To defend that offer, I'd like to explain my thinking. Stepping down from 1.1 to 1.4 can be a major gap. Remember 2016 when Zeke was 1.1? You had Henry at 1.2, then you had some real disappointing RBs like Dixon, Prosise and Perkins. Some years not so much of a drop, but the risk is there.
Ajayi to me was a low end RB2 at best. He was always up or down and frankly I'm going to avoid Eagles RBs in the future the same way I avoid Pats RBs. They are believers in RB by committee and I was planning to move Ajayi ASAP because at the moment the Eagles are a bit bare at RB and this is a sell high time for Ajayi. Next year I doubt anyone will be much interested in him. Baldwin of course was the painful piece to give up. Still he's a tier two WR. The 2.4 was thrown in to make it more tempting, because I figured getting Ajayi as the RB would be under whelming and in his shoes IDK if I'd want to do it, because he could still end up being weak at RB2.

Oh believe me, we all knew that Baldwin was the painful part :)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit excellent post. I agree with much of it. Not all of it though.

Yeah and I just don't understand the logic in thinking that a guy that hasn't been drafted yet so you have no idea where he's going and how he'll play would be worth a RB1 and a WR1,

Well the 1.2 was worth Evans in D1, so it really not outlandish to think that a RB like Barkley is worth say a one dimensional RB like say Howard plus a WR like say Baldwin. Shady said he traded Gordan and Howard for the 1.1 and considered it cheap. The enthusiasm for the RB going 1.1 is always sky high. If I owned the 1.1 I would want something similar to what he was asking. Considering what you got for the 1.1 in D1 you should agree.

Yes, but here's the problem with that if Barkley comes in and averages 15 points a game (which is a lot) and let's say that Melvin Gordan average 12 points a game and Jordan Howard averages 10 points a game. If you traded both of them but the next running back you have can only average 6 points a game, then you were better off keeping Gordan and Howard because they are still averaging more points a game. The problem with trading multiple guys for one guy is that he still only fills one roster spot and it's very rare that those guys are so good at their position that they can make up for the deficiency that you created elsewhere. If Barkley can finish as a top 5 guy then I can see it being worth it, but that's a big if.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but here's the problem with that if Barkley comes in and averages 15 points a game (which is a lot) and let's say that Melvin Gordan average 12 points a game and Jordan Howard averages 10 points a game. If you traded both of them but the next running back you have can only average 6 points a game, then you were better off keeping Gordan and Howard because they are still averaging more points a game. The problem with trading multiple guys for one guy is that he still only fills one roster spot and it's very rare that those guys are so good at their position that they can make up for the deficiency that you created elsewhere. If Barkley can finish as a top 5 guy then I can see it being worth it, but that's a big if.

I doubt I'd trade those two RBs for Barkley myself, but I would be willing to trade one of them and say Ajayi for example. Think I would be willing to do the same trade I did for Bell, simply because I don't trust Keenan Allen to say healthy and think Gordans value is mostly volume based then actual quality based.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt I'd trade those two RBs for Barkley myself, but I would be willing to trade one of them and say Ajayi for example. Think I would be willing to do the same trade I did for Bell, simply because I don't trust Keenan Allen to say healthy and think Gordans value is mostly volume based then actual quality based.
You sush it, Mahomes will be amazing.. He has to be

Or I'm effed

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lm::lm::lm::lm::lm::lm::lm::lm::lm::lm::lm:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade between Raider Nation and Lefty. Lefty sends J. Kearse and the 3.2 for Doug Martin and the 3.9. As always good dealing with you Treff :suds:. .... if Dougie keeps his nose clean. .... :hope: