• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 8-8-8 NFL Draft : CHAT

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I thought the two best teams in this draft were UK and Hall

Shane or Femur would be third IMO.

not surprising you thought your team was best...LOL... I do it all the time...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought his entire defense was excellent. The team that ended up winning this draft had a very ho hum defense IMO.

We kept circling back to secondary it seemed and I guess I felt like with a strong enough front seven you can cheat there some. And he still has Revis to boot. That's how I looked at my 3/4 anyway. Not that Renfro is a slouch and Nnamdi was a beast in single coverage.

But yes given he had Revis and better linebackers I knew he had me covered for sure.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at some of the best defenses of all time they don't necessarily have a true shutdown corner.

In our mocks we love and over-rate the secondaries… I had the worst secondary in this mock... But thought I had the best everything else... if secondaries were not so highly coveted around here, then I would have won...

With that said, I agree with everyone that my team was not the best... even if I claim it to be...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at some of the best defenses of all time they don't necessarily have a true shutdown corner.

Yeah but it doesn't hurt to have one of the best secondaries. These all-time mocks don't necessarily equate to how it turns out in real life. I mean look at the Pats, they never really have a big-time WR. They don't necessarily have a ton of studs on defense or on the DLine. It's really all about Brady, the scheme and a talented but not great defense.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but it doesn't hurt to have one of the best secondaries. These all-time mocks don't necessarily equate to how it turns out in real life. I mean look at the Pats, they never really have a big-time WR. They don't necessarily have a ton of studs on defense or on the DLine. It's really all about Brady, the scheme and a talented but not great defense.

Definitely. I'd say the one commonality in all time defenses is great linebacker play. I know when we are talking an all time kind of team it's a different scenario. Oh well just spit balling. Great drafting by everyone.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel I had the best combo of OL/DL but that only gets you so far. The Albert Lewis for Pace trade miiiight have hurt me in retrospect and not getting a better player at WR3 or TE made my offense less sexy. Other than that I pretty much love my squad but def didn't feel bad about losing to Hall

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel I had the best combo of OL/DL but that only gets you so far. The Albert Lewis for Pace trade miiiight have hurt me in retrospect and not getting a better player at WR3 or TE made my offense less sexy. Other than that I pretty much love my squad but def didn't feel bad about losing to Hall

I have felt in some drafts I had a top 2-3 team and lost in a play-in game, sometimes it works out like that. I lost by one vote to the team that almost won a championship. The final rankings doesn't always come out like it should bc it's just luck who you get matched up against. It could be the two best teams in a play-in game. Makes it fun though bc you don't see two many guys just winning mocks every draft, especially with all these great drafters we have.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

strongly disagree.. I had the best lines... Just had no secondary...

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
strongly disagree.. I had the best lines... Just had no secondary...

hey I got nothing better to do let's take a quick look

LT - Mike Kenn / Orlando Pace.....Pace
LG - Bruce Matthews / Guy McIntyre...Matthews
C - Jeff Saturday / Dermontti Dawson....Dawson
RG - Larry Little / Jahri Evans...Little but its close (plus I have Brees so Jahri made a lot of sense)
RT - Rayfield Wright / Ron Yary...close but I'd prob say Yary
I'd take my OL over yours here sorry

DE - Julius Peppers / Deacon Jones...Deacon
DT - La'Roi Glover / Randy White....White
DT - Kyle Williams / Vince Wilfork...Wifork
DE - Bruce Smith / Charles Haley...Smith

you positive about your statement? not trying to start anything I just see this differently. Your bookends on D are awesome for sure I just think I might have better depth

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RG - Larry Little / Jahri Evans...Little but its close (plus I have Brees so Jahri made a lot of sense)

you positive about your statement? not trying to start anything I just see this differently. Your bookends on D are awesome for sure I just think I might have better depth

I also was including LBs... But I would Say Peppers and Deacon are close... and Wilfork/ Kyle Williams is pretty much a tie...

but yea I would stick with my claim... I got the best offensive lineman in the comparison, and the best defensive lineman in the comparison... and then we are close in most...

but it probably didn't help either of us that we had some D-lineman that were better suited for a 3-4....

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but it probably didn't help either of us that we had some D-lineman that were better suited for a 3-4....
I think Vince is completely scheme diverse I think he made all of his PBs listed at both LDT and NT. Played a lot of 4-3. Same deal with Haley I remember him best as RDE for the Cowboys but he made PB and AP at both LOLB and RDE. So if that is what hurt me I'll take it but I don't think it was I think it was my lack of depth at WR/TE and CB

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought his entire defense was excellent. The team that ended up winning this draft had a very ho hum defense IMO.

I mean, I don't have all the sexy names but I had 3 HOF's in my secondary and my other two corners were 4x and 5x pro-bowlers. Given the nature of this draft, I thought overall my secondary was pretty solid.

My LB core had a HOF MLB in Buoniconti. Baughan was a 9x pro-bowler in 12 seasons. Joyner was a really solid LB as well.

My D-Line had Atkins and Olsen who were also HOF's and Hampton was the run plugger and Freeney as my best pass rusher.

Obviously you guys know way more about football than I do, but I think my defense was underrated by most because I didn't have the big names. But also to counter that maybe my offense was a bit overrated because of the names too. I think it counter balanced itself at least for my team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Matthews is easily the best OL in that grouping. Having elite players makes a huge difference. I thought Stoke had the best OL in the draft personally.

Kenn << Pace
Bruce >>>>>>> McIntyre
Saturday <<< Dawson
Little >> Evans
Wright < Yary

Peppers < Deacon
La'Roi << White
Williams = Wilfork ---pretty even bc Wilfork would rather put in a 3-4
Bruce >>>>>>> Haley --- could play 4-3 DE or 3-4 LB but better for a 3-4 LB imo

Overall pretty even around but he has two big gaps over you. Elite players matter much more than these little advantages imo