• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2nd third of the season

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capture.JPG

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer and Jethro is starting a rehab program this week. Pardon me while I yawn but just because we think Bailey is a starting pitcher, doesn't mean he's better than the guys they are throwing out there.

Finnegan might be ready soon.

I ain't counting on much until I see it.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still in arms reach in the wild card race. Just gotta hang on a little while longer until everyone is healthy.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose today, the Cardinals are leaving town in 4th place. The Reds have handed them defeats that generally have been the classic examples of the shoe on the other foot.

This division remains tightly bunched. The odds on favorite to win this division hasn't pitched nearly as well as they did on their way to winning the World Series. If the Cubs pitching doesn't improve, this division could remain interesting for a lot longer than expected.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When You think of all the trades the Reds have made for young cheap starting pitchers. They don't seem to be developing very fast. DeSclafana and Finnegan are the only two that are major league ready, and DeSclafana has spent most of the time on the DL. Garrett isn't ready and I think if they continue to use him up here. It will injure his psyche. Sort of like a NFL rookie QB who starts to early, and he gets beat up so bad and it gets into his head. I think that's what happened to Reed and Stephenson.
I'm not sure what the answer is about the starting pitching , but it could be awhile before the Reds have a solid pitching rotation.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably a version of the early 2000s teams that could hit and score but lose because of dreadful pitching.
I think it's time we cut the cord on Bronson and that might happen when Homer returns. Either way, unless Bailey can't clear the bar, it won't be worse. I think the team has an emotional investment in both guys so Bronson can probably make his own deal to either go or slide into the bullpen. He'd be awful as a reliever.

Peralta just needs to remember that not everyone does the same thing at the plate.

Yeah, 3rd place but no serious contender this year. All that is happening is that the Reds have a chance to play relevant games in August, meaning ... if St. Lousy wants to catch the leaders, they can't cough up 3 out of how many to the Reds.

Barring an injury, this offense is going to just get better. Look for Mesoraco to start hitting.

As great as Scooter was on Tuesday, the guy who followed him in the order was just as pathetic. Did anybody actually grimace to watch Peraza go up there clueless?

I think Scooty may have won the 2B job and will get more ABs than normal. The Reds have a nice chance to audition him at the deadline. By then, he isn't going to be part of the team's future. Maybe they do make an offer to Cozart -- 2 years would not be too terrible.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweeeeeeeep.

Wild Card? We're still close to the Brewers. Let's go!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know... But I'm pretty impatient lol.
It would be fun to have a post-season game but this team doesn't have the starting pitchers to win a post-season series except maybe the Rockies. I think going for 80-some wins would be all right with me.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be fun to have a post-season game but this team doesn't have the starting pitchers to win a post-season series except maybe the Rockies. I think going for 80-some wins would be all right with me.

I still think Homer is good. I guess we'll see eventually.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both wild card teams will come out of the west this year. At least the way things stand now. but there are still a lot of games to be played. You never know. I'd be happy with a 500 season.
Well the Reds are heading to the west coast again. There are two things bad about that. They are on the road, and its the west coast. They play bad on the road, and they play bad on the west coast. This probably isn't going to be pretty. If the Reds can win 3 out of the 6. it would be a good road trip.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both wild card teams will come out of the west this year. At least the way things stand now. but there are still a lot of games to be played. You never know. I'd be happy with a 500 season.
Well the Reds are heading to the west coast again. There are two things bad about that. They are on the road, and its the west coast. They play bad on the road, and they play bad on the west coast. This probably isn't going to be pretty. If the Reds can win 3 out of the 6. it would be a good road trip.

Now it's the west coast trip? Now? While the team is in the groove too. Oh boy...

You know what, we can do this. And by that win at least 1 game at the Dodgers. That would be an accomplishment.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA has shown to be pretty ordinary at times. WInning on the road is not the Reds problem this year -- IF they can get their pitcher past the 5th inning.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jake and Blake need to take a break.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were not doing great on the road either. 4 over 500 at home 6 under 500 on the road. But the last two road trips. 1 -6 and 2-4, sort of tilted the scales
I noticed Hamilton is 0 for 13 in the last 3 games I don't think he has even walked. He has to get on base if the Reds are going to do anything.
Klaw.. I hope you don't get upset with me by my. I'm pessimistic by nature, but I really do think this is one of the most exciting Reds teams, I've seen in a long time

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klaw.. I hope you don't get upset with me by my. I'm pessimistic by nature, but I really do think this is one of the most exciting Reds teams, I've seen in a long time

Oh I understand.

It should be more exciting when Scooter gets inserted in the lineup daily.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gennett, Schebler, and Kivlehan look like the three stooges playing the OF in the first inning.